Calendar overview 1430
Joan of Arc
is captured by the Burgundians
Philip the Good of Burgundy
Order of the Golden Fleece .
|1430 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||878/879 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||2nd house - Ome Calli (until the end of January / beginning of February: 1st Feuerstein - Ce Tecpatl )|
|Buddhist calendar||1973/74 (southern Buddhism); 1972/73 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||68th (69th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||792/793 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||833/834 (turn of the year 18/19 September)|
|Jewish calendar||5190/91 (September 17-18)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1740/41 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1741/42 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1486/87 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Hundred Years War
- May 23rd : Hundred Years War : Joan of Arc is captured by Johann von Luxemburg near Compiègne and handed over to the Burgundians . Duke Philip III from Burgundy, in turn, Jeanne sells after two attempts to escape on the 18th and 19th. June and seven months in captivity for 10,000 francs to John of Lancaster, 1st Duke of Bedford .
Holy Roman Empire
- Raban von Helmstatt succeeds Otto von Ziegenhain , who died on February 13th, as Archbishop and Elector of Trier .
- November 10th : Frisian freedom : After the power struggles of the chiefs, the East Frisians form a covenant of freedom against Focko Ukena and elect Edzard from the Cirksena family to be his leader.
- March 29th : The Ottomans under Murad II conquer Thessaloniki from the Venetians and rename the city "Selanik". As a result, they start building the White Tower . Then they advance further into Epirus . On October 9th, they conquer Ioannina .
Poland / Lithuania
- October 27th : Grand Duke Vytautas of Lithuania dies in Vilnius . Since he leaves no sons, the grand dignity falls to his cousin Švitrigaila , a son of Algirdas . This is a declared opponent of the Polish-Lithuanian Union and is in contrast to his older brother Władysław II Jagiełło , King of Poland .
European voyages of discovery
- Henry the Navigator , the Portuguese king's son, arranges expeditions for the Portuguese on the west coast of Africa .
- Takla Mariam succeeds his late brother Andreas Negus negest of Ethiopia and continues the Solomon dynasty .
- After a reign of around eight months, Samdat Brhat-Anya Chao Yughandhara , ruler of the Thai kingdom of Lan Xang, flees to Phadao . There he is murdered at the behest of his aunt Keo Phim Fa . He is succeeded by his brother Konekham .
Culture and religion
- The church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo in Venice is inaugurated.
- Drummers and whistlers get money for their game on the Vassnacht in Überlingen . This is the first documentary mention of the Überlingen Carnival.
- around 1430: The Stuttgart card game is created. Today it is the oldest surviving card game in the world.
- around 1430: The Darmstadt Haggadah is created.
- After the death of his wife Philippa of England on January 5th, Union King Erik VII of Denmark , Sweden and Norway marries his concubine Cäcilia, Philippa's maid.
- January 10th : Philip the Good , Duke of Burgundy , donates the Order of the Golden Fleece on the occasion of his marriage to Isabella of Portugal in Bruges .
Historical maps and views
Date of birth saved
- March 10 : Oliviero Carafa , Archbishop of Naples († 1511 )
- June 27th : Henry Holland, 3rd Duke of Exeter , English nobleman and general of the House of Lancaster († 1475 )
- October 16 : James II , King of Scotland († 1460 )
- November 11 : Jost II von Rosenberg , Bishop of Breslau and highest prior of the Bohemian Johanniter († 1467 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Dorothea von Brandenburg-Kulmbach , German noblewoman, Queen of Denmark, Norway and Sweden († 1495 )
- Stephan Báthory von Ecsed , Hungarian nobleman, voivode of Transylvania († 1493 )
- Ertwin Ertman , German councilor, mayor of Osnabrück († 1505 )
- Hosokawa Katsumoto , Japanese governor of the Shogun in the Muromachi period († 1473 )
- Francesco Laurana , Italian sculptor and architect († 1502 )
- Pierfrancesco de 'Medici the Elder , Florentine politician and diplomat († 1476 )
- Gerd the Brave , German robber baron, Count of Oldenburg († 1500 )
- Zbigniew Oleśnicki , Archbishop of Gniezno († 1493 )
- Bärbel von Ottenheim , German noblewoman, mistress of Jakob von Lichtenberg († 1484 )
- Antoniazzo Romano , Italian painter († around 1508/12)
- Ivo Strigel , German sculptor († 1516 )
- Bernhard Walther , German astronomer, humanist and businessman († 1504 )
Born around 1430
- John Alcock , Bishop of Rochester, Bishop of Worcester and Bishop of Ely, Lord Keeper of the Great Seal and Lord Chancellor of England († 1500 )
- Johannes Frauenburg , German councilor, mayor of Görlitz († 1495 )
- Dietrich von Harras , German knight, bailiff († 1499 )
- Johannes Heynlin , German humanist, rector of the Paris Sorbonne, co-founder of the University of Tübingen († 1496 )
- Ulrich Khevenhüller , Liechtenstein knight († 1492 )
- Heinrich Kramer , German witch theorist and inquisitor, as Henricus Institoris author of the witch's hammer († 1505 )
- Simon III zur Lippe , Bishop of Paderborn († 1498 )
- Johann Freitag von Loringhoven , Knight of the Teutonic Order and Landmaster in Livonia
- Richard Ludlow , English knight († 1498 )
- Giorgio Merula , Italian humanist († 1494 )
- Antoinette de Maignelais , mistress of the French King Charles VII and the Breton Duke Franz II († 1470 )
- Antonello da Messina , Italian painter († 1479 )
- Antonio Rizzo , Italian sculptor and architect († after 1499)
- John Stewart, 1st Earl of Lennox , Scottish nobleman († 1495 )
- Edmund Tudor, 1st Earl of Richmond , English nobleman († 1456 )
- Cosmè Tura , Italian painter († 1495 )
- Jakob Unrest , South German pastor and chronicler († around 1500 )
Date of death secured
- January 5th : Philippa of England , English noblewoman, Queen of Denmark, Norway and Sweden (* 1394 )
- 29 January : Andrei Rublev , Russian icon painter and saint of the Eastern Orthodox Church (* around 1360 )
- February 13 : Otto von Ziegenhain , Archbishop of Trier (* around 1380 )
- May 2 : Giovanni Francesco Toscani , Italian painter (* around 1370 / 80 )
- June 20 : Johann Vasmer , Mayor of Bremen (* around 1365 )
- 23 June : Ludwig von Bar , Duke of Bar, Bishop of Poitiers, Bishop of Langres, Bishop of Porto-Santa Rufina, Bishop of Chalons, administrator of Verdun and peer of France (* around 1370 / 75 )
- August 4th : Philip of Saint-Pol , Duke of Brabant and Limburg (* 1404 )
- October 9th : Johann von Bucca , Bishop of Leitomischl and Olmütz, Cardinal
- October 27 : Witold , Grand Duke of Lithuania, created the Polish-Lithuanian Union with Jogaila (* 1350 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Madern Gerthener , German sculptor, city architect of the imperial city of Frankfurt am Main (* around 1360 )
- Andreas , Emperor of Ethiopia
- Yukhon , King of the Lao Kingdom of Lan Xang