Catalan World Atlas is created in the workshop of Abraham and Jehuda Cresques .
|1375 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||823/824 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||12. Rabbit - Matlactli omome Tochtli (until the end of January / beginning of February 11th house - Matlactli ozce Calli )|
|Buddhist calendar||1918/19 (southern Buddhism); 1917/18 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||67th (68th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||737/738 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||776/777 (turn of the year 1st / 2nd June)|
|Jewish calendar||5135/36 (August 27-28)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1685/86 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1686/87 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1431/32|
Politics and world events
- May 26th : In Portugal , new land is given through the Sesmaria to combat food shortages . This fief under agricultural law will be applied again when Brazil is later colonized .
Holy Roman Empire
- May: Duke Stephan II dies. Friedrich the Wise , together with his brothers Johann II. And Stephan III. Duke of Bavaria . The three ruled together until the division of the country in 1392 .
- August: Duke Heinrich von Schleswig dies without descendants. Heinrich der Eiserne von Holstein and his brother Nikolaus from the house of Schauenburg ruled parts of the duchy together for the next few years without ever being enfeoffed.
- December: The Gugler , a mercenary troop from the Hundred Years War under Enguerrand VII. De Coucy , plunder through the Swiss plateau. Coucy descends from the Habsburgs on his mother's side and wants to enforce his mother Katharina von Habsburg's claim to inheritance by force. The target of the conquest are the Aargau and the cities of Aarau , Bremgarten , Lenzburg , Sempach , Sursee and Willisau . These are due to his mother according to an inheritance contract, but are given by her relatives, the dukes Albrecht III. and Leopold III. , retained. The residents of the affected area, including Petermann I. von Grünenberg , organized the resistance and inflicted considerable losses on the individual army units in night-time battles, on December 25 at Buttisholz , on December 26 at Ins and on December 27 at Fraubrunnen . The winter cold, but also the fearlessness of the locals, move the Guglers to retreat at the end of the year.
- October 24 : After the death of Waldemar IV of Denmark , Duke Albrecht IV of Mecklenburg , the son of Waldemar's older daughter Ingeborg, lays claim to the Danish royal throne. But Waldemar's younger daughter Margarethe secures the support of Waldemar's follower Henning Podebusk for her four-year-old son Olav .
- April 14th : The Mamluks conquer Sis, the capital of the Lusignan Kingdom of Lesser Armenia in Cilicia . King Leon VI falls into captivity.
First documentary mentions
- Hennigsdorf , Jossa (Hosenfeld) in the district of Fulda and Unterreichenbach are first mentioned in a document.
The land book of Emperor Charles IV lists the landlord's income and rights in the manner of an arable land . It offers corresponding information for 72 larger and 51 smaller cities , towns and castles in the entire Mark Brandenburg as well as around 730 villages in the Alt and Mittelmark . The most important part from the perspective of medieval research - the village register - names z. B. the numbers of hooves and the recipients of the loads .
science and technology
- In the map workshop of Abraham and Jehuda Cresques on Mallorca , the Catalan World Atlas is being created on behalf of Peter IV of Aragón .
- around 1375: Sleeveless coat (" Heuke ") as a male garment in Central Europe, is also worn by women in the following period
- Avignon Papacy : Since 1309 were at the Curia in Avignon 90 used by a total of 110 cardinals French.
Exact date of birth known
Exact date of birth unknown
- Niccolò Albergati , Italian cardinal and diplomat († 1443 )
- Antoine de Vergy , Count von Dammartin, Lord of Champlitte and Rigney, Chevalier, adviser and chamberlain to the King, and Marshal of France († 1439 )
- Henry Beaufort , Bishop of Winchester and Lord Chancellor of England († 1447 )
- Lluís Borrassà , Catalan painter († 1425 )
- Nikolaus von Burgsdorff , Elekt of Brandenburg
- Janus , King of Cyprus († 1432 )
- Richard of Conisburgh , English nobleman († 1415 )
- Albert Varrentrapp , Roman Catholic canonist († 1438 )
- William III. , Duke of Bavaria-Munich († 1435 )
Born around 1375
- Robert Campin , Flemish painter († 1444 )
- Mikuláš z Husi a Pístného , Czech nobleman, Hussite politician and military leader († 1420 )
- Alexander Stewart , Scottish nobleman († 1435 )
First half of the year
- January 31 : Margaret Drummond , Queen of Scotland (* around 1340 )
- March 4th : Aymon de Cossonay , Bishop of Lausanne
- March 26th : Peter von Oppeln , Bishop of Lebus and Chancellor of the Mark Brandenburg
- April 16 : John Hastings , English nobleman and commander (* 1347 )
- April 20 : Eleanor of Sicily , Queen of Aragón (* 1325 )
- April 21 : Elisabeth von Meißen , Countess of Nuremberg (* 1329 )
- May 5th : Johannes von Hildesheim , Carmelite and prior of the Marienau monastery near Hameln (* between 1310 and 1320 )
- May 26 : Konrad II of Kirchberg-Wallhausen , Bishop of Meißen
Second half of the year
- July 5th : Charles III. , Count of Alençon and Archbishop of Lyon (* around 1337 )
- July 27th : Benesch von Weitmühl , Bohemian canon of the Prague cathedral chapter and court chronicler
- September 1st : Philippe of Valois , Duke of Orléans and the Touraine (* 1336 )
- September 2 : Margaret de Percy , English nobleman (* around 1318 )
- September 11th : Friedrich II. Von Bülow , Bishop of Schwerin
- 17 / October 18 : Alboino II della Scala. , Lord of Verona (* 1343 )
- October 18 : Cansignorio della Scala , Lord of Verona (* around 1334 )
- October 18 : Peter Lacy , English clergyman and keeper of the Lord Seal (* around 1310 )
- October 24th : Waldemar IV. , King of Denmark (* around 1321 )
- November 11th : Edward le Despenser , English nobleman and military man (* 1336 )
- November 12th : Johann Heinrich von Luxemburg , Count of Tyrol and Margrave of Moravia (* 1322 )
- November 22nd : Adelheid Langmann , nun and mystic (* 1306 )
Exact date of death unknown
- February: Jacob IV , titular king of Mallorca (* 1336 )
- May: Stephan II , Duke of Bavaria (* 1319 )
- August: Heinrich , Duke of Schleswig (* around 1342 )
- Ibn al-Shatir , Arab astronomer, mathematician and inventor (* 1304 )
- Isabel le Despenser , English nobleman (* around 1313 )
- Philipp von Bickenbach , German Master of the Teutonic Order
- Sönam Gyeltshen , person of Tibetan Buddhism (* 1312 )