Calendar overview 1442
Nguyễn Trãi dies.
The Santa Maria della Scala Hospital receives the privilege of autonomy
Ludwig I and his brother Ulrich V conclude the
Nürtingen Treaty to partition the state of Württemberg .
|1442 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||890/891 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||1st house - Ce Calli (until the end of January / beginning of February: 13th Feuerstein - Matlactli omey Tecpatl )|
|Buddhist calendar||1985/86 (southern Buddhism); 1984/85 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||68th (69th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||804/805 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||845/846 (turn of the year 11/12 May)|
|Jewish calendar||5202/03 (September 5-6)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1752/53 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1753/54 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1498/99 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Holy Roman Empire
- January 25 : The Nürtingen Treaty seals the permanent division of the County of Württemberg between Ludwig I and his brother Ulrich V into an Urach and a Stuttgart region.
- April 12th : In the Peace of Wittstock a dispute between the Mark Brandenburg under the Hohenzollern and Mecklenburg under the Lords of Werle is settled.
- June 17 : The future emperor of the Holy Roman Empire Frederick III. two years after his election in Aachen to the German king crowned.
- August 14 : At the Reichstag in Frankfurt, King Friedrich III. the Reformatio Friderici , a country peace to fight feuds .
- September 19 : Friedrich III. arrives in the free imperial city of Zurich , where he stays until September 24th . He makes an alliance with the city against the confederates in the Old Zurich War .
- The enfeoffment of Count Wilhelm I of Limburg-Styrum by King Friedrich is documented. Until 1806 the rule of Styrum remained an imperial fiefdom.
- April 17th : The city of Rauma in Finland is granted city rights .
- July : Kalmarer Union : The King of Sweden Christoph III. obtained in Oslo the Norwegian royalty .
- The Turkish Ottomans under Sultan Murad II besieged Constantinople unsuccessfully , which is under the rule of the Byzantine Emperor John VIII .
- The Turkish Ottomans invade Transylvania . The military leader Johann Hunyadi defeated a Turkish army at Sibiu , at the Red Tower Pass and again at the Danube Gorge . He appoints Basarab II as Prince of Wallachia . Basarab II disempowered Mircea II , who was temporarily installed by his father Vlad II Dracul , the ruling prince of Wallachia.
Other events in Europe
- Alfonso V of Aragon conquered Naples after defeating René I , the last ruler of the House of Anjou . After being enfeoffed by Pope Eugene IV , he rules over the Kingdom of Naples - Sicily and the Kingdom of Aragon in personal union .
Voyages of discovery
- Borommaracha II , king of the Siamese Empire of Ayutthaya , starts a war against the principality of Lan Na in northern Thailand .
nature and environment
- One of the longest winters in recorded weather history in Central Europe (duration: 8 months). From the end of September 1442 to the end of May 1443, temperatures were almost continuously below zero and there was heavy snowfall.
- February 4th : At the Council of Florence , a union treaty is signed between the Roman Catholic Church and the Coptic Church .
- In Baku , the Shah Mosque will be completed after around a year of construction .
- Construction of the Pazzi Chapel in Florence begins under the direction of Filippo Brunelleschi .
Date of birth saved
- January 1st : Margaret of Bavaria , German noblewoman, Margravine of Mantua, Princess of Bavaria-Munich († 1479 )
- January 25 : Johannes Nuhn , German secular clergyman, author, chronicler († 1523 )
- February 28 : Oswald I. von dem Bergh , Dutch nobleman, Count von dem Bergh († 1511 )
- April 13th : Heinrich IV. Von Neuhaus , Bohemian nobleman, Oberstburggraf von Prague († 1507 )
- April 28 : Edward IV , English nobleman, King of England († 1483 )
- July 3 : Go-Tsuchimikado , Japanese nobleman, 103rd Emperor of Japan († 1500 )
- July 13th : Vanozza de 'Cattanei , Italian mistress of Cardinal Rodrigo Borgia, later Pope Alexander VI. († 1518 )
- July 15 : Boček IV of Podebrady , Bohemian nobleman († 1496 )
- September 8 : John de Vere , English nobleman, 13th Earl of Oxford, Lord Great Chamberlainship († 1513 )
- September 27 : John de la Pol , English nobleman, 2nd Duke of Suffolk († 1492 )
- October 25 : Anna von Lichtenberg , German noblewoman, heir daughter of the Lichtenberg lordship , Countess of Hanau-Lichtenberg († 1474 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Dietrich II. Arndes , German bishop of Lübeck († 1506 )
- Tamás Bakócz , Hungarian cardinal and politician († 1521 )
- Wilhelm von Bibra , German knight, envoy of Pope Innocent VIII († 1490 )
- Jodoku's brother , German abbot († 1529 )
- Margarete von Braunschweig-Lüneburg , German noblewoman, Princess of Braunschweig-Lüneburg, Duchess of Mecklenburg-Stargard († 1512 )
- Benedetto da Maiano , Italian sculptor and builder († 1497 )
- Ulrich Molitor , German lawyer, author, witch theorist, Chancellor of the Duchy of Tyrol († 1507 )
- Domenico Morone , Italian painter († 1517 )
- Erhard Ratdolt , German printer, publisher († 1528 )
- Domenico della Rovere , Italian cardinal († 1501 )
Born around 1442
Date of death secured
- February 2nd : Rinaldo degli Albizzi , Florentine patrician (* 1370 )
- Feb. 23 : John of Gmunden , Austrian humanist, mathematician and astronomer, (* around 1380 / 84 )
- April 22nd : Roland von Uutkercke , Dutch nobleman, Lord von Heemstede, Hogenbrouck, Heestert and Hemsrode
- May 3 : Engelbert I , German nobleman, Count of Nassau-Dillenburg (* 1370 )
- August 29th : John VI. , French nobleman, Count of Montfort, Duke of Brittany (* 1389 )
- August: Hugo-Lancelot of Lusignan , French cardinal, regent of Cyprus (* between 1380/1385)
- October 18 : John of Portugal , Portuguese nobleman, Duke of Aveiro (* 1400 )
- November 13 : Elisabeth , German noblewoman, first Electress of Brandenburg and ancestral mother of the Hohenzollern royal family (* 1383 )
- November 14th : Jolanthe of Aragón , French nobleman, Duchess of Anjou (* 1379 )
- December 18 : Pierre Cauchon , French Bishop of Beauvais, Inquisitor (* 1370 )
- December 19 : Elisabeth of Luxembourg , German nobles, kings of Bohemia, Hungary and Croatia (* 1409 )
- December 28 : Katharina von Braunschweig-Lüneburg , German noblewoman, Princess of Braunschweig-Lüneburg, Electress of Saxony (* 1395 )
Exact date of death unknown
- February: Al-Maqrīzī , Arabic author and historian (* 1364 )
- Nguyễn Trãi , Vietnamese Confucian scholar, politician, strategist and poet (* 1380 )