Adams County, Illinois
Adams County Courthouse
|US state :||Illinois|
|Administrative headquarters :||Quincy|
|Address of the
|Adams County Courthouse
521 Vermont Street
Quincy, IL 62301
|Foundation :||January 13, 1825|
|Made up from:||Pike County|
|Area code :||001 217|
|Residents :||67,103 (2010)|
|Population density :||30.2 inhabitants / km 2|
|Total area :||2257 km²|
|Water surface :||38 km²|
|Website : www.co.adams.il.us|
The Adams County is a county in the US -amerikanischen State Illinois . In 2010 , the county had 67,103 residents and a population density of 30.2 people per square kilometer. The county seat is Quincy .
The county is located in the far west of Illinois on the east bank of the Mississippi River , which forms the border with the neighboring state of Missouri . It has an area of 2,219 square kilometers, of which 38 square kilometers are water. The following neighboring counties border Adams County:
|Hancock County||Schuyler County|
|Before 1900 1900–1990 2000 2010|
Adams County was founded on January 13, 1825 on former parts of Pike County.
The first county court meeting was held on July 4th of that year.
As of the 2010 census , Adams County had 67,103 people in 27,579 households. The population density was 30.2 inhabitants per square kilometer. Statistically, there were 2.32 people each in the 27,579 households.
The racial the population was composed of 93.7 percent white, 3.5 percent African American, 0.2 percent Native American, 0.7 percent Asian and other ethnic groups; 1.6 percent were descended from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race was 1.2 percent of the population.
23.0 percent of the population were under 18 years old, 59.5 percent were between 18 and 64 and 17.5 percent were 65 years or older. 51.3 percent of the population was female.
Adams County localities
1 - predominantly in Hancock County
Adams County is divided into 23 townships :
- GNIS-ID: 424202. Retrieved on February 22, 2011 (English).
- U.S. Census Bureau, State & County QuickFacts - Adams County, IL Retrieved November 15, 2012
- National Association of Counties.Retrieved November 15, 2012
- US Census Bureau - Census of Population and Housing.Retrieved March 15, 2011
- Extract from Census.gov.Retrieved on February 14, 2011
- Missouri Census Data Center - Illinois ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved March 3, 2014