Hardin County (Illinois)
Hardin County Courthouse
|US state :||Illinois|
|Administrative headquarters :||Elizabethtown|
|Address of the
|Hardin County Courthouse
P.O. Box 248
Elizabethtown, IL 62931-0248
|Foundation :||March 1, 1839|
|Made up from:||
|Area code :||001 618|
|Residents :||4320 (2010)|
|Population density :||9.4 inhabitants / km 2|
|Total area :||470 km²|
|Water surface :||8 km²|
The Hardin County is a county in the US -amerikanischen State Illinois . In 2010 , the county had 4,320 residents and a population density of 9.4 people per square kilometer. The county seat is Elizabethtown .
The county is located in southern Illinois on the Ohio River , which forms the border with Kentucky to the east and south . It has an area of 470 square kilometers, of which eight square kilometers are water. The following neighboring counties border Hardin County:
|Saline County||Gallatin County|
Hardin County was formed on March 1, 1839 from parts of Pope County and Gallatin County. It was named after John Hardin (1753–1792), an officer in the Continental Army during the American War of Independence .
The first administrative seat was in McFarlan's Ferry, which was later renamed Elizabethtown, after McFarlan's wife Elizabeth. He was also the first to build a brick building with a view over the Ohio River in 1812 , as was the Rose Hotel , which was extensively restored in 1998 and is now the oldest hotel in Illinois.
|Before 1900 1900–1990 2000 2010|
According to the 2010 census , Hardin County had 4,320 people in 1,929 households. The population density was 9.4 people per square kilometer. Statistically, 2.24 people lived in each of the 1929 households.
The racial the population was composed of 97.3 percent white, 0.3 percent African American, 0.6 percent Native American, 0.5 percent Asian and other ethnic groups; 0.8 percent were descended from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race was 1.3 percent of the population, regardless of ethnicity.
20.3 percent of the population were under 18 years old, 59.4 percent were between 18 and 64 and 20.3 percent were 65 years or older. 50.3 percent of the population was female.
Hardin County localities
Hardin County is divided into six precincts :
|Stone Church precinct||587||17-93276|
- GNIS-ID: 424236. Retrieved on February 22, 2011 (English).
- U.S. Census Bureau, State & County QuickFacts - Hardin County, IL ( Memento of the original from July 11, 2011 on WebCite ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved December 6, 2012
- National Association of Counties.Retrieved December 6, 2012
- US Census Bureau - Census of Population and Housing.Retrieved March 15, 2011
- Extract from Census.gov.Retrieved February 15, 2011
- Missouri Census Data Center - Illinois ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved August 3, 2012