|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Southwest Palatinate|
|Association municipality :||Pirmasens land|
|Height :||440 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||12.65 km 2|
|Residents:||1690 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||134 inhabitants per km 2|
|Area code :||06335|
|License plate :||PS , ZW|
|Community key :||07 3 40 053|
|Association administration address:||Bahnhofstrasse 19
|Local Mayor :||Felix Kupper|
|Location of the local community Vinningen in the district of Südwestpfalz|
Vinningen is a municipality in the Südwestpfalz district in Rhineland-Palatinate . It belongs to the Pirmasens-Land community , within which it is the second largest local community in terms of population. According to state planning, Vinningen is designated as a basic center.
Vinningen is located in the Zweibrücker hill country southwest of Pirmasens near the border with France . Neighboring communities are - clockwise - Pirmasens, Obersimten , Trulben , Kröppen , Riedelberg and Bottenbach .
In the north, the Felsalb forms the boundary to Pirmasens. In doing so, it takes up the Vinninger Bach from the left , which is completely within the boundaries of the municipality, but away from the settlement area.
Franconian settlement traces can be traced back to the 5th century .
The oldest surviving mention of the place comes from 1212. The village of Vinningen was in the Lemberg district of the County of Zweibrücken-Bitsch and there in the Vinningen district school of the same name . The Luthersbrunn farm still belonged to the village.
Early modern age
Count Jakob von Zweibrücken-Bitsch (* 1510; † 1570) died in 1570 as the last male member of his family. The Lemberg office was inherited by his daughter, Ludovica Margaretha von Zweibrücken-Bitsch , who was married to the (heir) Count Philipp (V) von Hanau-Lichtenberg . Her father-in-law, Count Philipp IV. Von Hanau-Lichtenberg , gave the strict Roman Catholic Duke Karl III by immediately introducing the Lutheran creed . of Lorraine, the opportunity to intervene militarily, as the latter had suzerainty over the Bitsch rule, which was also part of the inheritance . In July 1572 Lorraine troops occupied the county. Since Philip IV was unable to cope with the overwhelming power of Lorraine, he chose the legal route. In the subsequent process before the Reich Chamber of Commerce, Lorraine was able to prevail with regard to the Bitsch rule, while the Lemberg office - and thus also Vinningen - was awarded to the County of Hanau-Lichtenberg .
1736 died with Count Johann Reinhard III. the last male representative of the Hanau family. Due to the marriage of his only daughter, Charlotte (* 1700; † 1726), with the Hereditary Prince Ludwig (VIII.) (* 1691; † 1768) of Hesse-Darmstadt , the county of Hanau-Lichtenberg fell there.
In the course of the French Revolution , the part of the County of Hanau-Lichtenberg on the left bank of the Rhine - and with it the office of Lemberg and Vinningen - fell to France in 1794. After the end of Napoleonic rule, Vinningen came to the Rhine district in the Kingdom of Bavaria .
From 1818 to 1862 the place belonged to the Landkommissariat Pirmasens ; from this the district office of Pirmasens emerged. In 1939 Vinningen was incorporated into the district of Pirmasens (from 1997 district of Südwestpfalz ) . After the Second World War , the municipality within the French occupation zone became part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate. In the course of the first administrative reform in Rhineland-Palatinate , the municipality was assigned to the newly created association municipality Pirmasens-Land in 1972 .
The municipal council in Vinningen consists of 16 council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voting Community Vinningen e. V.
Felix Kupper became the local mayor of Vinningen in 2014. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office for five years with 84.88% of the votes. Kupper's predecessor Herbert Franz (CDU) had held the office for 15 years.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Divided by blue and gold, above a growing, red-tongued, gold-crowned lion, divided three times by silver and red, below three red rafters."|
|Reasons for the coat of arms: At the top there is a colorful lion ; the rafters come from the coat of arms of Hanau-Lichtenberg .|
The flag is red and yellow.
In the “Alte Kirche” cultural center, cultural events such as concerts and exhibitions take place regularly.
Economy and Infrastructure
The municipality was the seat of the Raiffeisenbank Vinningen , which was merged into the VR-Bank Südwestpfalz Pirmasens-Zweibrücken in 2002 and a further merger . At times there was a factory of the shoe manufacturer Salamander on site . In the east of the district is the Vinningen wind farm , which was built between 2000 and 2003 ; partly it is already in the district of Obersimten.
The Konrad Adenauer elementary school exists in Vinningen . Their catchment area is formed by the towns of Eppenbrunn , Hilst , Kröppen , Obersimten , Riedelberg , Schweix , Trulben and Vinningen. There is also the Realschule plus Vinningen with the catchment area Bottenbach , Eppenbrunn, Hilst, Kröppen, Obersimten, Riedelberg, Schweix, Trulben and Vinningen.
- Anna Alice Feldner , winner of the Federal Cross of Merit
- Official directory and statistics of the royal Bavarian administrative district of the Palatinate . Speyer 1870 ( online [accessed January 6, 2019]).
- Friedrich Knöpp: Territorial holdings of the County of Hanau-Lichtenberg in Hesse-Darmstadt . Ed .: Hessisches Staatsarchiv Darmstadt . Darmstadt 1962 (signature: N 282/6).
- Alfred Matt: Bailliages, prévôté et fiefs ayant fait partie de la Seigneurie de Lichtenberg, du Comté de Hanau-Lichtenberg, du Landgraviat de Hesse-Darmstadt . In: Société d'Histoire et d'Archaeologie de Saverne et Environs (ed.): Cinquième centenaire de la création du Comté de Hanau-Lichtenberg 1480 - 1980 = Pays d'Alsace 111/112 (2, 3/1980) . 1980, p. 7-9 .
- Official website of the Vinningen community
- Literature about Vinningen in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- Knöpp, p. 12; Matt, p. 9.
- Knöpp, p. 12.
- officials .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Michael Elig: " Characterized by bad style". Die Rheinpfalz, March 16, 2019, accessed on April 6, 2020 .
- The State Officer of Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Pirmasens-Land, Verbandsgemeinde, penultimate line of results. Retrieved April 6, 2020 .
- Michael Elig: On the matter: Herbert Franz honored. Die Rheinpfalz, February 19, 2019, accessed on April 6, 2020 .
- Konrad Adenauer School, Vinningen