|Metropolitan city||Rome (RM)|
|Coordinates||41 ° 59 ' N , 13 ° 2' E|
|height||392 m slm|
|Residents||1,738 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density||193 inhabitants / km²|
|Patron saint||St. Augustine|
Agosta is a municipality in the metropolitan city of Rome in the Italian region of Lazio with 1738 inhabitants (as of December 31, 2019).
Agosta is 63 km northeast of Rome and 11 km northwest of Subiaco . It is located on a hill in the Aniene Valley . It is a member of the Comunità Montana Valle dell'Aniene , which has its headquarters in the district of Madonna della Pace. Other districts are Barco, Cacino, Pisciarello, Selve, Valleberta and Tostini. The municipality extends from 327 to 786 m slm
The community is located in earthquake zone 2 (medium risk).
The neighboring towns are Canterano , Cervara di Roma , Marano Equo , Rocca Canterano and Subiaco .
Agosta is accessed from Strada Statale 411 Sublacense , which leads from Roviano on the A24 Strada dei Parchi motorway towards Alatri .
The nearest train station is in Roviano on the Rome – Avezzano railway, 8 km away.
Massimiliano Valente (Lista Civica: Movimento Per Agosta) was elected Mayor on June 5, 2016. He replaced Gianfranco Massimi, who had held the office for three electoral terms.
coat of arms
Upper third of the shield, red Benedictine cross on a gold background. Lower two thirds, an aqueduct on a blue background. The cross reminds of the historical affiliation to the Benedictine Abbey of Subiaco . The aqueduct symbolizes the Aqua Marcia , which begins at Agosta.
- Christoph Henning: Lazio. The land around Rome. With walks in the Eternal City (= DuMont art travel guide ). 3rd, updated edition. DuMont, Cologne 2006, ISBN 3-7701-6031-2 .
- Anton Henze , Kunibert Bering, Gerhard Wiedmann: Art guide Rome. 5th, revised edition. Philipp Reclam GmbH, Stuttgart 1994, ISBN 3-15-010402-5 .
- ProLoco Agosta ( Memento from September 1, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) (Italian)
- Portal about Agosta (Italian)
- Agosta on www.comuni-italiani.it (Italian)
- Comunità Montana Valle dell'Aniene (Italian)
- ↑ Statistiche demografiche ISTAT. Monthly population statistics of the Istituto Nazionale di Statistica , as of December 31 of 2019.
- ^ Italian civil defense
- ↑ www.comuni-italiani.it