Cosima Arabella-Asereba Kiesbauer , after marriage to Eblinger (born April 8, 1969 in Vienna ) is a German television presenter who grew up and lives in Austria . She became known with the talk show Arabella , which was broadcast on ProSieben from 1994 to 2004 .
Arabella Kiesbauer was born as the daughter of the German theater actress Hannelore Kiesbauer and the Ghanaian mechanical engineer Sammy Ammissah († 1999) and grew up with her grandmother in Vienna. After graduating from the Lycée Français de Vienne , she studied journalism and theater studies. She is a German citizen because of her maternal descent .
She began her television career as a presenter of the ORF youth show X-Large from 1987 to 1993. Since 1991 she has also worked for the German private broadcaster ProSieben (including the magazine Rund um Hollywood ), where she initially worked as an announcer, then from 1994 on with her workday Talk show Arabella was on. In the same year she also released a CD entitled Number One .
On June 9, 1995, as part of a racially motivated series of attacks, a letter bomb attack was carried out on her, in which an assistant was slightly injured. The perpetrator Franz Fuchs was later caught and committed suicide after being convicted.
In July 1995 Kiesbauer could be seen on the cover and in the German edition of Playboy . In 2002 she presented the ORF casting show Starmania for the first time . After the discontinuation of the show Arabella in 2004, she was scheduled as a presenter for the new program Das Geständnis . However, due to differences with the broadcaster about the conceptual content, the two soon ended their collaboration.
Kiesbauer played an important role as a representative of the broadcast format of the "loud" afternoon talk show, which polarized the audience. First, she was awarded the Bavarian TV Prize for the unconventional talk show, which - instead of celebrities - had average people as guests ; but the show was later criticized as being level.
After a seven-year relationship with Fred Schuler, Kiesbauer has been married to the Viennese personnel consultancy Florens Eblinger since November 2004. The couple has a daughter (* 2007) and a son (* 2010) and lives in Vienna. She took her husband's name and continues to appear in the media under Arabella Kiesbauer.
In 2012 Kiesbauer celebrated her TV comeback after a long break with a preliminary report on the Life Ball , in 2013 she was also back in action. She has also been moderating the Kiddy Contest on PULS 4 since October 2012 . Starting in May 2014, she presented the Austrian edition of the documentary soap Bauer sucht Frau on the Austrian broadcaster ATV from the eleventh season .
- 1987–1993: X-Large ( ORF )
- 1994-2004: Arabella ( ProSieben )
- 1996: Arabella Night (ProSieben)
- 2002: who does the bride kiss?
- 2002–2003: Starmania (ORF)
- 2003-2004: Starmania NG (ORF)
- 2004: Opera Ball 2004 (ORF)
- 2004: Comeback - The Great Opportunity (ProSieben)
- 2004: The final class (ProSieben)
- 2005: Opera Ball 2005 (ORF)
- 2005: Stars in the Manege ( ARD )
- 2006: Arabella (also: "Talk ohne Show") ( N24 )
- 2006: Opera Ball 2006 (ORF)
- 2006-2007: Starmania 3 (ORF)
- 2007: Opera Ball 2007 (ORF)
- 2008–2009: Starmania 4 (ORF)
- 2012–2013: Life Ball (ORF)
- 2012: Kiddy Contest ( PULS 4 )
- 2013: Kiddy Contest ( PULS 4 )
- 2014: Kiddy Contest ( PULS 4 )
- since 2014: Farmer is looking for a woman ( ATV )
- 2015: Eurovision Song Contest 2015 ( EBU / ORF)
- 2020: The Masked Singer Austria (PULS 4)
She also starred in the film adaptation of the Hera Lind novel Das Superweib and appeared in an episode of Commissioner Rex . She worked as a moderator at company parties, charity and trade fair events.
- 1994: Number one
- My success program (1998 Egmont VGS Verlagsgesellschaft mbH, Cologne) ISBN 3-8025-1360-6
- Nobody is perfect (2001 Lübbe) ISBN 3-404-14246-2
- My African Heart (with Christian Nusser , September 2007 Pendo Verlag GmbH) ISBN 3-86612-132-6
- Bavarian TV Prize 1994 for the talk show Arabella
- Golden Romy 2003 for " Starmania "
- Golden Echo 2007 for " Opera Ball "
- Gold Medal of Merit of the Republic of Austria 2013 for her commitment as a cultural mediator
- Arabella Kiesbauer website
- Arabella Kiesbauer at ORF ( Memento from March 3, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- Literature by and about Arabella Kiesbauer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Detailed biography and picture galleries at www.startalk.ch ( Memento from October 5, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Archived copy ( Memento from December 19, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Hasnain Kazim : What happened to Arabella Kiesbauer? In: Spiegel Online from July 1, 2017.
- Woman : Arabella Kiesbauer and Florens Eblinger have become parents again! , December 21, 2010.
- Arabella Kiesbauer: My marriage secret. In: Woman.at, February 17, 2005.
- BMUKK: High state awards to deserving personalities . APA notification dated November 25, 2013, accessed June 12, 2020.
- Austrian Inka Bause: Arabella Kiesbauer moderates "Bauer sucht Frau" at ATV , kress.de from January 7, 2014, accessed on January 10, 2014
- Survival International : Arabella Kiesbauer supports Survival's campaign for the Awá , August 24, 2012.
- derStandard.at - Kiesbauer receives Austria's golden mark of merit . APA notification dated November 25, 2013, accessed May 18, 2015.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Kiesbauer, Cosima Arabella-Asereba (full name); Eblinger, Arabella|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German television presenter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 8, 1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|