Rakers grew up in Bad Lippspringe with her father, the physiotherapist Hermann Rakers. Her mother Kunigunde Rakers is an interior designer. After graduating from the Pelizaeus Gymnasium in Paderborn , Rakers studied journalism and communication science , German philology and modern and contemporary history at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Münster from 1995 to 2001 . At the same time, she worked as a radio presenter for the NRW local broadcasters Radio Hochstift and Antenne Münster until 2001 .
Rakers is co-author of the book Nachrichten-Journalismus , wrote an essay together with fellow students in the volume Bildpropaganda in the First World War, and has also written for several daily newspapers and specialist publications.
From January 2004 to January 17, 2010, Rakers moderated the Hamburg Journal on Norddeutscher Rundfunk . Rakers has been the spokeswoman for the Tagesschau since 2005 . She speaks the news blocks of the programs Tagesthemen , Morgenmagazin and Mittagsmagazin as well as night editions of the Tagesschau. She first read the main edition of the Tagesschau at 8 p.m. on March 18, 2008.
In addition to the evening news Rakers hosted the Radio Bremen - Talkshow 3 after 9 . After she had her first guest appearance there as a presenter on July 9, 2010, it was announced on August 9, 2010 that she will be a permanent presenter alongside Giovanni di Lorenzo . The first regular broadcast with Rakers was on September 3, 2010. Judith Rakers also moderated the four episodes of the ARD advisory program Kriminalreport, which was produced from August to December 2018 . The medium magazine chose Rakers one of the 100 journalists of 2010. Rakers was popular and in representative surveys the most popular news anchor Germany's talk show host selected.
Rakers hosted alongside Stefan Raab and Anke Engelke the Euro Vision Song Contest 2011 in Dusseldorf and was this the German Television Award 2011 in the category "Best Entertainment". The production of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 received the European “ Rose d'Or ” award . In the same year she was a member of the jury in the quiz show series Der klügste Deutsch 2011 on ARD and was also a member of the sequel in 2012.
Since August 2013 she has hosted the TV breakdown show Top Flops on NDR and since 2014 the TV breakdown show Pleiten, Pech und Pannen . On January 3, 2016, Rakers played a role in the crime scene Purgatory with Til Schweiger in Hamburg. There she moderated the daily news while a hostage-taking took place.
In her own series of reports for NDR television , she deals with socially critical topics ("Destiny homeless", "Destiny poverty trap", "Destiny homeless", "Last Chance Frauenknast", "Refugees as Neighbors", "Destiny refugee child") , “Together on the last journey”) as well as the fascination of other countries and regions: She also moderates the series of reports on island stories for NDR.
- "Spiekeroog and Hiddensee ... with Judith Rakers"
- "Borkum ... with Judith Rakers"
- "Helgoland ... with Judith Rakers"
- "Fischland - Darß - Zingst ... with Judith Rakers"
- "Helgoland and Ameland ... with Judith Rakers"
- "Spiekeroog ... with Judith Rakers"
- "Föhr ... with Judith Rakers"
- "Hiddensee ... with Judith Rakers"
More island reports for NDR follow .
In 2017, Rakers founded the production company Jukers Media together with Endemol Shine Germany in order to be able to produce their own TV formats in the future.
- 2011: German Television Award in the Best Entertainment category
- 2012: Radio Regenbogen Award as a media woman
- with Siegfried Weischenberg : News journalism. Instructions and quality standards for media practice . VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden 2013, ISBN 978-3-531-13727-8 .
- as co-author: Moving Images - The Film. A new medium is propagating war . In: Raoul Zühlke (ed.): Image propaganda in the First World War . Kämper , Hamburg 2000, ISBN 978-3-932208-13-3 , pp. 327-396.
- Irina Fernandes: News for Millions. In: Westfalenspiegel , 1/2009, p. 62 (portrait of Judith Rakers).
- Judith Rakers in the Munzinger Archive , accessed on August 4, 2020 ( beginning of article freely available)
- Judith Rakers in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Wanted poster from Judith Rakers
- Judith Rakers website
- "Tagesschau" spokeswoman Judith Rakers is divorced. In: Huffington Post Germany , October 17, 2017.
- Judith Rakers in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- Ralf Repöhler: Strong brand with the best mix: Münster's local radio went on air in September 1991 / market leader in audience reach. In: Westfälische Nachrichten , Münster / 25 years Antenne Münster, September 3, 2016.
- Christoph Bir, Steffen Burkert, Ralf Knuth, Oliver Lindberg, Judith Rakers, Anja Steinhorst: Moving pictures. The film - a new medium propagates war . In: Raoul Zühlke (ed.): Image propaganda in the First World War . Hamburg 2000, pp. 327-396.
- Julia-Niharika Sen replaces Judith Rakers. Change of staff in the "Hamburg Journal". In: Norddeutscher Rundfunk . December 18, 2009, archived from the original on April 24, 2011 ; Retrieved April 24, 2011 .
- David Denk: The Anti-Charlotte-Roche. New "3nach9" presenter Judith Rakers. In: taz.de . August 9, 2010, accessed April 24, 2011 .
- Anna Starke: The new quota woman. Rakers' "Tagesschau" debut. In: Spiegel Online . March 18, 2008, archived from the original on April 24, 2011 ; Retrieved April 24, 2011 .
- Judith Rakers is from 3.9. the new 3nach9 presenter. In: Radio Bremen . August 24, 2010, archived from the original on April 24, 2011 ; Retrieved April 24, 2011 .
- Newcomer of the Year. The journalists of the year 2010. In: mediummagazin.de. Medium magazine , archived from the original on April 24, 2011 ; Retrieved April 24, 2011 .
- Alexander Kühn: Raab, Engelke and Rakers are Lena's hosts. Eurovision Song Contest 2011. In: Spiegel Online . December 16, 2010, archived from the original on April 24, 2011 ; Retrieved April 24, 2011 .
- ESC receives Rose d'Or media award. In: NDR.de. Retrieved March 13, 2017 .
- Crime scene shocks with hostage-taking in the Tagesschau studio. In: BZ Berlin . January 3, 2016, accessed September 10, 2019 .
- Fate of poverty trap ( memento from January 6, 2018 in the Internet Archive ), spiegel.tv
- How people prepare to die. In: NDR.de. Retrieved March 22, 2017 .
- Inselreportagen with Judith Rakers - Videos of the show | ARD media library. Retrieved April 9, 2020 .
- Moderator becomes entrepreneur. Rakers and Endemol Shine set up production company. In: dwdl.de , April 12, 2017, accessed on April 19, 2017.
- Judith Rakers: I say I do on Mallorca. In: Gala , June 10, 2009.
- Marriage-off at "Tagesschau" spokeswoman Judith Rakers , stern.de from October 16, 2017.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Rakers, Judith Deborah (full name); Rakers-Pfaff, Judith Deborah (married name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist and television presenter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 6, 1976|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paderborn , North Rhine-Westphalia , Federal Republic of Germany|