Audi Q8 (since 2018)
|Production period:||since 2018|
|Body versions :||Station wagon|
Otto engine : 2.0-4.0 liters (180-441 kW)
Diesel engine :
|Wheelbase :||2995-2998 mm|
|Empty weight :||2170-2440 kg|
|Stars in the Euro-NCAP - crash test (2019)|
The Audi Q8 (internal type designation 4M or series code F1 in the VIN ) is a crossover of a sport utility vehicle and a coupé from Audi AG . It is produced in Bratislava at Volkswagen Slovakia .
A first concept vehicle was presented in January 2017 at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) as the Audi Q8 Concept . In March 2017, another concept vehicle with a similar design was presented at the Geneva Motor Show with the Audi Q8 Sport Concept .
Audi unveiled the production version on June 5, 2018 at the Audi Brand Summit in Shenzhen , China. It came onto the market in July 2018, initially with a three-liter diesel engine with a maximum output of 210 kW (286 hp) .
In June 2019, Audi presented a more powerful version of the series with the SQ8 . It is powered by the four-liter V8 diesel engine with 320 kW (435 hp) familiar from the SQ7 . The vehicle has been sold since July 2019. Audi has also announced an SQ7 with a 373 kW (507 PS) petrol engine for autumn 2020.
At the LA Auto Show in November 2019, Audi presented the RS Q8 with the drive from the RS6 Avant .
Like the other luxury-class SUVs from the Volkswagen Group ( VW Touareg III , Porsche Cayenne 9YA , Bentley Bentayga , Lamborghini Urus and Audi Q7 4M ), the Q8 is based on the MLB platform .
The Q8 body that fails mm lower than about 40 at Q7 and can be equipped with wheels up to 22 inches rim diameter has a c W value of 0.34; Their frontal area is 2.84 m² (exemplary comparison VW Golf VII : 2.19 m²). It has double glazing ("acoustic glazing") on the side windows for an extra charge.
Audi promises a possible total of up to 39 driver assistance systems . A laser scanner is also used for this. The engine technology includes a 48-volt starter generator ; With 12 kW of recuperation power, the 48-V system should save up to 0.7 liters of fuel consumption over 100 kilometers.
Audi SQ8 at the IAA 2019
Audi Q8 Sport Concept at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show
|45 TFSI (1)||55 TFSI||SQ8 TFSI||RS Q8||45 TDI||50 TDI||SQ8 TDI|
|Construction period||since 10/2019||since 02/2019||since 07/2020||since 12/2019||since 02/2019||since 07/2018||since 07/2019|
|Motor series||VW EA888||VW EA839||VW EA825||VW EA897evo2||VW EA898|
|Motor type||Gasoline engine||Diesel engine|
|Engine type||Row design||V-type|
|Engine charging||turbocharger||Biturbo||turbocharger||Register bit turbo charger , electric compressor|
|Mixture preparation||Direct petrol injection||Common rail direct injection|
|Cylinders / valves||4/16||6/24||8/32||6/24||8/32|
|Displacement||1984 cc||2995 cc||3996 cc||2967 cc||3956 cc|
at min −1
|180 kW (245 PS) / 5000–6000||250 kW (340 PS) / 5000-6400||373 kW (507 hp) / 5500||441 kW (600 PS) / 6000–6250||170 kW (231 hp) / 3250–4750||210 kW (286 hp) / 3500-4000||320 kW (435 hp) / 3750–4750|
in min -1
|370 Nm / 1600-4500||500 Nm / 1370-4500||770 Nm / 2000-4000||800 Nm / 2200-4500||500 Nm / 1750-3250||600 Nm / 2250-3250||900 Nm / 1250-3250|
|Drive type, series||all wheel drive|
|Gearbox, series||Eight-speed Tiptronic|
|Steering, series||Front steering||All-wheel steering||Front steering||All-wheel steering|
|Steering, optional||All-wheel steering||-||All-wheel steering||-|
|Empty weight||2200 kg||2170 kg||2345 kg||2390 kg||2220 kg||2440 kg|
|Max. Payload||515 kg||650 kg||625 kg||670 kg||660 kg|
|Max. Trailer load||2700 kg||3500 kg||2800 kg||3500 kg|
|Acceleration, 0-100 km / h||7.4 s||5.9 s||4.1 s||3.8 s||7.1 s||6.3 s||4.8 s|
|Top speed||231 km / h||250 km / h||250 km / h (2)||233 km / h||245 km / h||250 km / h|
over 100 km, combined
|8.9 l super||8.9–9.1 l super||12.0–12.1 l super||12.1 l super||8.1–8.8 l diesel||7.8 l diesel|
|CO 2 emissions||202-207 g / km||275-276 g / km||277 g / km||211-230 g / km||212-231 g / km||204 g / km|
|Exhaust aftertreatment, PM||Otto particle filter||Diesel particulate filter|
|Exhaust aftertreatment, NO X||-||SCR catalytic converter|
Emission standard according to
|Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC||Euro 6d-ISC-FCM||Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC|
In the first sales year of 2018, 2,268 Audi Q8s - 2,205 of them with diesel engines - were newly registered in the Federal Republic of Germany. In 2019 there were 6,407 Q8.
- ↑ Result of the Audi Q8 in the Euro NCAP crash test (2019)
- ↑ Benjamin Auerbach: Infotainment - Audi presents the Audi Q8 Concept - springerprofessional.de. In: springerprofessional.de. January 10, 2017, accessed September 19, 2018 .
- ↑ Audi Q8 sport concept presented with mild hybrid drive - ecomento.de. In: ecomento.de. March 8, 2017. Retrieved September 19, 2018 .
- ↑ Jan Weizenecker: Why Audi is presenting its SUV Coupé in Shenzhen. In: blog.audi.de. Retrieved May 18, 2018, September 19, 2018 (American English).
- ↑ a b Holger Wittich, Andreas Of: New Audi Q8 (2018): Large SUV coupé based on Q7. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. June 5, 2018, accessed June 5, 2018 .
- ↑ Stefan Leichsenring: Audi SQ8 TDI: Europe's most powerful diesel model has biturbo V8 with 435 hp. In: de.motor1.com. June 22, 2019, accessed June 23, 2019 .
- ↑ Stefan Wagner: Audi SQ7 and SQ8 now also with V8 petrol engines. In: de.motor1.com. July 15, 2020, accessed July 15, 2020 .
- ↑ Holger Wittich, Uli Baumann: New VW Golf VII at the Paris Motor Show: This is the new Volks-Wagen - auto motor und sport. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. September 11, 2012, accessed May 6, 2019 .
- ↑ body | Audi MediaCenter. In: audi-mediacenter.com. July 9, 2018, accessed May 16, 2019 .
- ↑ New registrations of passenger cars in December 2018 by brand and model series. Retrieved January 14, 2019 .
- ↑ New registrations of passenger cars in December 2019 by brand and model series. Retrieved January 10, 2020 .