|birthday||August 12, 1984|
|place of birth||Manchester Parish|
|discipline||100 m , 200 m , 4 × 100 m|
|last change: August 14, 2012|
Sherone Simpson (born August 12, 1984 in Manchester Parish ) is a Jamaican athlete and Olympic champion .
At the beginning of her sporting career, the sprinter won the team gold medal in the 4 x 100 meter relay at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens together with her teammates Tayna Lawrence , Aleen Bailey and Veronica Campbell . It was there that she finished sixth in the 100-meter run .
At the World Championships in Helsinki in 2005 she was sixth over 100 meters and won the silver medal with the Jamaican 4 x 100 meter relay. At the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, she won gold in the 200-meter run . In the same year she also became a Jamaican champion in the 100 and 200 meters.
At the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008 , she won the silver medal in the 100-meter run ex aequo with her teammate Kerron Stewart . In 2010 she became the Jamaican 100 meters champion for the second time.
In 2011 she reached the final over 200 meters at the World Championships in Daegu , where she finished eighth with a time of 23.17 s. Together with Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce , Kerron Stewart and Veronica Campbell-Brown, she won the silver medal in the 4 x 100 meter relay competition with a time of 41.70 s in the final run. At the Olympic Games in London in 2012 , she again reached the silver medal in the 4-by-100-meter relay together with Fraser-Pryce, Campbell-Brown and Stewart with a time of 41.41 s.
On July 14, 2013, it was announced that Simpson had tested positive for a doping drug in an A sample . The sample is said to come from the Jamaican championships. According to her manager Paul Doyle, the prohibited agent is the stimulant Oxilofrin . On April 8, 2014, the Jamaican Anti-Doping Agency suspended Simpson for 18 months with retroactive effect from June 21, 2013. Doyle then announced that he would appeal the verdict.
- 100 m: 10.82 s, June 24, 2006, Kingston
- 200 m: 22.00 s, June 25, 2006, Kingston
- 400 m : 51.25 s, March 22, 2008, Kingston
- ↑ London 2012 official website ( Memento of the original from December 4, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ^ Hahn, Thomas: Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell tested positive at sueddeutsche.de, July 14, 2013 (accessed on July 15, 2013).
- ↑ Sprint stars suspected of doping: Gay and Powell tested positive at n-tv.de, July 14, 2013 (accessed on July 15, 2013).
- ↑ Jan-Henner Reitze: 18 months ban for Sherone Simpson . German Athletics Association. April 9, 2014. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- Sherone Simpson in the database of World Athletics (English)
- Sherone Simpson in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
- Photos of Sherone Simpson ( April 25, 2012 memento on the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Jamaican sprinter and Olympic champion|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 12, 1984|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Manchester Parish|