|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Cochem cell|
|Association municipality :||Kaisersesch|
|Height :||300 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.66 km 2|
|Residents:||700 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||105 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56754|
|Area code :||02672|
|License plate :||COC, ZEL|
|Community key :||07 1 35 009|
|Association administration address:||Am Römerturm 2
|Local Mayor :||Günter Urwer|
|Location of the local community Binningen in the district of Cochem-Zell|
The place was first mentioned in 1266 under the name "Binningh". Later mentions were "Binninc" (1297) and "Brumminck" (1473).
The local history is closely linked to the history of the Rosenthal monastery , which was located in the current area of the municipality in the Pommerbachtal. The monastery was the largest landlord in the village.
Until the end of the 18th century, Binningen belonged to Kurtrier . From 1794 the place was under French rule and from 1798 to 1814 belonged to the canton of Münstermaifeld . The Rosenthal monastery was dissolved in 1802 and sold for demolition. In 1815 the place was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . The church in Binningen was built in 1855. Since 1946 the place has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of the municipality of Binningen, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Culture and sights
- Benedikt Oster (* 1988), politician (SPD) and member of the Rhineland-Palatinate Member of the Land since 2011, lives in Binningen
- Ortgemeinde Binningen (Hrsg.): Binningen: the history of an Eifel village. Rhein-Mosel-Verlag, Alf / Mosel 2003, ISBN 3-929745-99-2 .
- Internet presence of the municipality of Binningen
- Short portrait of Binningen on SWR television
- Literature about Binningen in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 22 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- Elmar Rettinger: Historical local dictionary Rhineland-Palatinate. Volume 1: Former district of Cochem , Stuttgart: Franz Steiner Verlag, 1985. ISBN 3-515-04173-7 , p. 16 ( Google Books )
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections