|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Cochem cell|
|Association municipality :||Elms|
|Height :||360 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||1.8 km 2|
|Residents:||57 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||32 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56826|
|Area code :||02677|
|License plate :||COC, ZEL|
|Community key :||07 1 35 087|
|Association administration address:||Marktplatz 1
|Local Mayor :||Heinz-Werner Hendges|
|Location of the municipality Wagenhausen in the district of Cochem-Zell|
Wagenhausen is 13 kilometers west of the city of Cochem and seven kilometers south of the city of Ulmen . The village extends on a mountain ridge that slopes from north to south to the Kerbtal of the Üßbach and includes altitudes between and . In terms of its natural surroundings , around 60% of the municipal area used for agriculture can be assigned to the Middle Üßbachtal .
With the occupation of the left bank of the Rhine in 1794 by French revolutionary troops , the rule of Kurtrier ended . In 1815 the place was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . Since 1946 the place has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate .
- Population development
The development of the population, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
- Local community Wagenhausen on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Ulmen
- Literature about Wagenhausen in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- Heinrich Beyer : Document book for the history of the Middle Rhine territories , Volume 2, Coblenz: Hölscher, 1865, p. 173, document 129 ( Google Books )
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections