|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Cochem cell|
|Association municipality :||Kaisersesch|
|Height :||365 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||7.74 km 2|
|Residents:||769 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||99 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56814|
|Area code :||02653|
|License plate :||COC, ZEL|
|Community key :||07 1 35 042|
|Association administration address:||Am Römerturm 2
|Local Mayor :||Helmut Braunschädel|
|Location of the local community Illerich in the district of Cochem-Zell|
Illerich is first mentioned with certainty around the year 1180.
Until the end of the 18th century, Illerich belonged to the rulers of Kurtrier and was assigned to the high court of Klotten in the office of Cochem . In the Trier fire book from 1563 there were 28 fireplaces (households) in Illerich, in 1684 there were only 21.
In 1794 French revolutionary troops annexed the Left Bank of the Rhine , from 1798 to 1814 Illerich ( Illereichen ) belonged to the canton of Kaisersesch in the Koblenz arrondissement of the Rhine-Mosel department . Municipal councilors (Illerich community representatives in the Mairie Kaisersesch) in 1808 were the citizens Knoblich and Kremer.
Due to the resolutions at the Congress of Vienna (1815), the region was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia . Under the Prussian administration, the community of Illerich came to the mayor's office of Kaisersesch in the district of Cochem , which belonged to the new administrative district of Koblenz and from 1822 to the Rhine province .
In 1982 a nuclear fuel reprocessing plant (WAA) was planned between Hambuch and Illerich in the Pommerbachtal . After nine months, the German Society for the Reprocessing of Nuclear Fuels withdrew all plans; the reprocessing plant in Wackersdorf (Bavaria) was to be built instead of Kaisersesch .
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of Illerich, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
coat of arms
|Blazon : “Above a silver shield base containing two red ravens, split by red and silver. In the front a red bar cross is shown, in the middle covered by a golden rose, in the back a golden ear of wheat and a silver scythe leaf by stake. "|
|Justification of the coat of arms: The cross indicates that it belonged to the Electorate of Trier . The rose is reminiscent of the Rosenthal monastery , which owned land in Illerich as early as 1331. Ear of wheat and scythe leaf symbolize agriculture, which has always been important for the place. The two red ravens are the attribute of St. Vincent , the patron saint of the place.|
- Official website of the Illerich community
- Local community Illerich on the website of the association community Kaisersesch
- Literature about Illerich in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 22 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- Wilhelm Fabricius : Explanations of the historical atlas of the Rhine Province, Volume 2: The map of 1789. Bonn 1898, pp. 117, 146.
- Handbook for the residents of the Rhine-Mosel Department , Koblenz: Prefecture-Buchdruckerey, 1808, p. 65 ( www.dilibri.de )
- Topographical-statistical overview of the government district of Coblenz , Coblenz: Hölscher, 1843, p. 38 ( www.dilibri.de )
- Against the "WAAhnsinn": Nine months that moved the Eifel - ( Rhein-Zeitung of March 13, 2012)
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections