|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Cochem cell|
|Association municipality :||Kaisersesch|
|Height :||490 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||9.12 km 2|
|Residents:||1071 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||117 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56761|
|Area code :||02653|
|License plate :||COC, ZEL|
|Community key :||07 1 35 058|
|LOCODE :||DE SBU|
|Association administration address:||Am Römerturm 2
|Local Mayor :||Patrick Schopp|
|Location of the local community Masburg in the district of Cochem-Zell|
Masburg is in the East Eifel . The community also includes the residential areas and hamlets Birkenhof, Breitenbruch, Haus Constantia, Lindenhof, Masurenhof, Mühlenhof, Pflanzenhof, Prefecture Courtyard, Schnellsmühle and Schöne Aussicht.
The place has a total area of 9.12 km², of which 3.49 km² are forest.
Masburg was first mentioned in a document around 1050.
Until the end of the 18th century, Masburg belonged to the rulers of Kurtrier and was assigned to the Monreal office. Within the district, Masburg was the eponymous capital of a high court , which also included Bermel , Eppenberg , Hauroth , Kalenborn , Laubach and Müllenbach . The high court Masburg was a fiefdom of the Counts of Virneburg . In the Trier fire book from 1563 there are 35 fireplaces (households) in Masburg (Maßpurg).
In 1794, French revolutionary troops annexed the Left Bank of the Rhine ; from 1798 to 1814 Masburg belonged to the canton of Kaisersesch in the Koblenz arrondissement of the Rhine-Moselle department . The municipal councilor Masburg community representative in the Mairie Kaisersesch was the citizen Theobald in 1808. There was a school teacher in town.
Due to the resolutions at the Congress of Vienna (1815), the region was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia . Under the Prussian administration, the municipality of Masburg came to the mayor's office of Kaisersesch in the district of Cochem , which belonged to the new administrative district of Koblenz and from 1822 to the Rhine province .
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of the municipality of Masburg, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Masburg consists of 16 council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairman. The 16 seats in the local council are divided between five groups of voters .
- Bell tower in memory of the Miesen bell foundry family who lived here from 1773 to 1819
See also: List of cultural monuments in Masburg
- Internet presence of the local community Masburg
- Local community Masburg on the website of the association community Kaisersesch
- Literature about Masburg in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 22 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- Wilhelm Fabricius : Explanations of the historical atlas of the Rhine Province, Volume 2: The map of 1789. Bonn 1898, pp. 138, 155, 210.
- Handbook for the residents of the Rhine-Mosel Department , Koblenz: Prefecture-Buchdruckerey, 1808, p. 65 ( www.dilibri.de )
- Topographical-statistical overview of the government district of Coblenz , Coblenz: Hölscher, 1843, p. 38 ( www.dilibri.de )
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections