|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Kusel-Altenglan|
|Height :||250 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.09 km 2|
|Residents:||117 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||56 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||66887|
|Area code :||06387|
|License plate :||KUS|
|Community key :||07 3 36 021|
|LOCODE :||DE EZR|
|Association administration address:||Marktplatz 1
|Local Mayor :||Hartmut Jung|
|Location of the local community Elzweiler in the district of Kusel|
Elzweiler is probably a Franconian foundation. Later it was Reichsland and came in 1350 under the rule of the game count . From the middle of the 16th century it belonged to Pfalz-Zweibrücken . The old city walls can still be seen. After the Thirty Years War , Elzweiler was abandoned as a settlement and became a desert . Elzweiler was not settled again until 1710.
In the direct election on May 26, 2019, Hartmut Jung was confirmed in his office as local mayor for another five years with a share of the vote of 92.65%.
coat of arms
The red lion on a golden background symbolizes the wild counts as former rulers of Elzweiler and makes a reference to the local history. The golden anchor on a blue background goes back to an old but no longer preserved seal of the community.
Economy and Infrastructure
- Rudi Lanzer: Elzweiler then and now. Past and future of a small village . In: Westrich Calendar, 1965, pp. 51–53.
- Literature about Elzweiler in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- Internet presence of the local community Elzweiler
- Local community Elzweiler on the website of the association community Kusel-Altenglan
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Kusel-Altenglan, Verbandsgemeinde, tenth line of the result. Retrieved May 10, 2020 .
- Hartmut Jung: Meeting of the local community council. Invitation March 21, 2019. Kusel-Altenglan Association, March 7, 2019, accessed on May 10, 2020 .
- Declaration of the municipality's coat of arms on the website of the Altenglan Association ( Memento from August 1, 2012 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on October 2, 2012.