|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Lauterecken-Wolfstein|
|Height :||180 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.94 km 2|
|Residents:||147 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||50 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||67742|
|Area code :||06753|
|License plate :||KUS|
|Community key :||07 3 36 001|
|LOCODE :||DE ADC|
|Association administration address:||Schulstrasse 6a
|Local Mayor :||Jürgen Klein|
|Location of the local community of Adenbach in the Kusel district|
In 1957 the remains of a house from Roman times were found. Adenbach was first mentioned in a document in 1379 in a document from the County of Veldenz . The place name is derived from the flowing stream, which was previously called Adolfsbach.
From 1816 on, Adenbach belonged to the Kingdom of Bavaria and was part of the canton of Lauterecken in the Rhine district . In 1840 the place had 37 houses and 296 inhabitants. He was assigned to the Catholic parish Reipoltskirchen and the Protestant parish Odenbach .
- Population development
The development of the population of Adenbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Jürgen Klein became the local mayor of Adenbach in 1999. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office for a further five years with a share of 76.09% of the votes.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "In a wavy cut, divided obliquely to the left, a blue, red-armored and red-tongued lion growing out of the division in silver, two golden ears of wheat placed in black after division, leaning on the right and upright, as well as a gold miner's lamp with a red flame."|
|Justification of the coat of arms: The lion comes from the earlier coats of arms of the Counts of Veldenz and the Dukes of Zweibrücken, in whose territories Adenbach was located. Ears of wheat and miner's lamp indicate the economic structure of the village, the agriculture and the former coal and lime mines.|
Sons and daughters of the church
- Walter Cappel (1918–2004), educator
- Literature about Adenbach in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- Local community Adenbach on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Lauterecken-Wolfstein
- Adenbach at regionalgeschichte.net
- Local portrait for the television program Hierzuland
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 153 (PDF; 3 MB).
- Max Siebert: The Kingdom of Bavaria topographically and statistically in lexicographical and tabular form. Georg Franz Verlag, Munich 1840, p. 156 ( Google Books ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Road renovation: costs estimated at up to 5000 euros. 2014 fourth primary election for Jürgen Klein. Die Rheinpfalz, May 8, 2014, accessed on April 26, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Lauterecken-Wolfstein, Verbandsgemeinde, first line of results. Retrieved April 26, 2020 .