|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Lauterecken-Wolfstein|
|Height :||180 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.92 km 2|
|Residents:||148 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||51 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||67742|
|Area code :||06788|
|License plate :||KUS|
|Community key :||07 3 36 040|
|Association administration address:||Schulstrasse 6a
|Local Mayor :||Michael Theobald|
|Location of the local community of Herren-Sulzbach in the Kusel district|
In 1816 the place came to the Principality of Lichtenberg , a newly created exclave of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and from 1826 of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha . With this he fell to Prussia in 1834 , which created the district of Sankt Wendel from this area . After the main part was separated from the newly created Saar area , the remaining district of Sankt Wendel-Baumholder was created in 1920 , to which the place belonged until 1937, when it was incorporated into the Birkenfeld district. In 1969 it was reclassified to the Kusel district.
Michael Theobald became mayor of Herren-Sulzbach on August 13, 2019. Since there was no candidate for the direct election on May 26, 2019, the upcoming election of the mayor was carried out by the council in accordance with the municipal regulations. This unanimously decided in favor of Michael Theobald. His predecessor Günter Franzmann had held the office for 15 years.
Culture and sights
Economy and Infrastructure
- Local community Herren-Sulzbach on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Lauterecken-Wolfstein
- Herren-Sulzbach at regionalgeschichte.net
- Literature about Herren-Sulzbach in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 154 (PDF; 3 MB).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections.
- Markus Henz: Herren-Sulzbach: Michael Theobald replaces Günter Franzmann as local mayor. Die Rheinpfalz, August 15, 2019, accessed on April 30, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer of Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Lauterecken-Wolfstein, Verbandsgemeinde, 14th line of results. Accessed April 30, 2020 .