Kappeln (near Lauterecken)
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Lauterecken-Wolfstein|
|Height :||230 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||7.67 km 2|
|Residents:||190 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||25 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||67744|
|Area code :||06382|
|License plate :||KUS|
|Community key :||07 3 36 049|
|Association administration address:||Schulstrasse 6a
|Local Mayor :||Otfried Buss|
|Location of the local community Kappeln in the Kusel district|
Kappeln is located at the confluence of the Perlebach in the Jeckenbach in the West Palatinate . In the northeast is the community of Löllbach , in the southwest are Merzweiler and Grumbach . The Udenhof residential area also belongs to Kappeln .
The place was first mentioned in 1319 as Cappellen in a dispute between two Wildgräflicher houses over jurisdiction . In the 15th century the village was divided between three fiefdoms , whom the farmers served as serfs . Around 1525 the village became Protestant during the Reformation . In 1596 the wild and Rhine Count Johann von Grumbach acquired three quarters of the village, one quarter belonged to the Boos of Waldeck as a fiefdom of the Counts of Veldenz . In the Thirty Years' War , it was largely destroyed, survived only four residents. In 1708 the wild count Leopold Philipp Wilhelm granted his subjects civil rights and abolished the frond ; however, the subjects of the Boos zu Waldeck remained in serfdom. In 1789 the old chapel was renewed, whereby the tower was kept in its original form. In 1798 the Kappelers became free French citizens after the areas on the left bank of the Rhine were incorporated into France . Until 1814, Kappeln belonged to the canton of Grumbach in the Saardepartement . In 1816 the place came to the Principality of Lichtenberg , a newly created exclave of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and from 1826 of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha . From 1834 to 1946 the village belonged to the Rhine Province of Prussia . Kappeln has been part of the Lauterecken community since 1969, and the Lauterecken-Wolfstein community in the Kusel district since 2014.
For centuries, the extended name Udencappeln was common.
Otfried Buß became mayor of Kappeln in 1999. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office for a further five years with a share of the vote of 95.52%. His predecessor Walter Heinz held the office from 1989 to 1999.
- Internet presence of the local community Kappeln
- Local community Kappeln on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Lauterecken-Wolfstein
- Kappeln at regionalgeschichte.net
- Literature about Kappeln in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 154 (PDF; 3 MB).
- Village and village history. Kappeln community, accessed on February 17, 2020 .
- Reymann's special card from the 19th century ( Memento from January 15, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections.
- Bert Köhm: Kappeler Leit. Interview with Walter Heinz. Local community Kappeln, July 2018, accessed on May 1, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Lauterecken-Wolfstein, Verbandsgemeinde, 20th line of results. Retrieved May 1, 2020 .