Homberg (near Lauterecken)
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Lauterecken-Wolfstein|
|Height :||340 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||10.89 km 2|
|Residents:||202 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||19 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||67744|
|Area code :||06788|
|License plate :||KUS|
|Community key :||07 3 36 044|
|Association administration address:||Schulstrasse 6a
|Local Mayor :||Marc-Steffen Risch|
|Location of the local community Homberg in the district of Kusel|
Homberg is on the edge of the North Palatinate Mountains in the West Palatinate . In the southwest is the Schönbornerhof district, in the north Langweiler and in the east Herren-Sulzbach . To the west is the Baumholder military training area . The Schönbornerhof residential area also belongs to Homberg .
The Schörnbornerhof was first mentioned in 1290, Homberg in 1319. The place belonged to the Wild and Rhine County . This is indicated by the red lion in the coat of arms.
In 1816 the place came to the Principality of Lichtenberg , a newly created exclave of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and from 1826 of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha . With this he fell to Prussia in 1834 , which created the district of Sankt Wendel from this area . After the main part was separated from the newly created Saar area , the remaining district of Sankt Wendel-Baumholder was created in 1920 , to which the place belonged until 1937, when it was incorporated into the Birkenfeld district. In 1969 it was reclassified to the Kusel district.
By the Rhineland-Palatinate "State Law on the Dissolution of the Gutsbezirks Baumholder and its local reorganization" of November 2, 1993 (GVBl, p. 518), the former municipality of Ilgesheim , which had previously belonged to the Birkenfeld district , was changed to the Local community Homberg reclassified.
Marc-Steffen Risch became the local mayor of Homberg on July 23, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 80.62% of the vote. His predecessor was Anita Gräßer.
Economy and Infrastructure
- Homberg parish
- Local community Homberg on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Lauterecken-Wolfstein
- Homberg at regionalgeschichte.net
- Literature about Homberg in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 154 (PDF; 3 MB).
- To compare the maps: old municipal map: Walther Hubatsch (Ed.): Outline of German administrative history 1815–1945. Volume 7, Marburg / Lahn 1978, map appendix 8; New community boundary map: Landesvermessungsamt Rheinland-Pfalz, Rhineland-Palatinate (Ed.): Overview map with community boundaries Edition B, ISBN 978-3-89637-316-8 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections.
- Rundschau for the Glan and Lauter Valley: Announcement. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, Official Gazette, edition 29/2019, accessed on May 1, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Lauterecken-Wolfstein, Verbandsgemeinde, 17th line of results. Retrieved May 1, 2020 .