|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Lauterecken-Wolfstein|
|Height :||260 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.27 km 2|
|Residents:||154 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||68 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||67746|
|Area code :||06788|
|License plate :||KUS|
|Community key :||07 3 36 062|
|Association administration address:||Schulstrasse 6a
|Mayoress :||Klaudia Schneider|
|Location of the local community Merzweiler in the Kusel district|
Merzweiler is located on the Jeckenbach in the West Palatinate between the Palatinate Forest and the Hunsrück . To the west is boring , in the north Hoppstädten , northeast Kappeln and southeast is Grumbach .
In 1756 a plan of a temple with a statue of Mars was found near the site .
The grandparents of the robber Johannes Bückler (1777-1803), called Schinderhannes , lived in Merzweiler . The grandfather Otto Philipp Bückler was born in Hilscheid in the Idarwald near Thalfang around 1709 , worked as an executioner and warden master and died in Merzweiler in 1777. The grandmother Maria Magdalena Riemenschneider (1738–1770) came from Merzweiler. Johannes Bückler (1758–1803), the father of Schinderhannes, was born in Merzweiler.
In 1816 the place came to the Principality of Lichtenberg , a newly created exclave of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and from 1826 of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha . With this he fell to Prussia in 1834 , which created the district of Sankt Wendel from this area . After the main part was separated from the newly created Saar area , the remaining district of Sankt Wendel-Baumholder was created in 1920 , to which the place belonged until 1937, when it was incorporated into the Birkenfeld district. In 1969 it was reclassified to the Kusel district.
Klaudia Schneider became the mayor of Merzweiler in 2014. Since there was no candidate for the direct election on May 26, 2019, the upcoming election of the mayor was carried out by the council in accordance with the municipal regulations. On July 11, 2019, he confirmed Klaudia Schneider for another five years in her office.
Economy and Infrastructure
- Merzweiler parish
- Local community Merzweiler on the website of the Lauterecken-Wolfstein community
- Merzweiler at regionalgeschichte.net
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Peter Bayerlein : Schinderhannes-Ortslexikon, p. 163, Mainz-Kostheim 2003
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Eric Sayer: Merzweiler: Klaudia Schneider re-elected mayor. Die Rheinpfalz, July 12, 2019, accessed on May 1, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Lauterecken-Wolfstein, Verbandsgemeinde, 27th line of results. Retrieved May 1, 2020 .