|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Lauterecken-Wolfstein|
|Height :||340 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||7.38 km 2|
|Residents:||70 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||9 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||67746|
|Area code :||06788|
|License plate :||KUS|
|Community key :||07 3 36 100|
|Association administration address:||Schulstrasse 6 a
|Local Mayor :||Timo Theis|
|Location of the local community Unterjeckenbach in the district of Kusel|
Unterjeckenbach is located on the Jeckenbach in the West Palatinate between the Palatinate Forest and the Hunsrück . 61.5 percent of the district area is forested. In the north is Sien , in the east Langweiler , in the southeast Homberg and directly to the west is the Baumholder military training area .
Stone axes were found in the area. After the Thirty Years War the village was desolate. It was not until 1700 that the settlement began again. In 1816 the place came to the Principality of Lichtenberg , a newly created exclave of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and from 1826 of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha . With this he fell to Prussia in 1834 , which created the district of Sankt Wendel from this area . After the main part was separated from the newly created Saar area , the remaining district of Sankt Wendel-Baumholder was created in 1920 , to which the place belonged until 1937, when it was incorporated into the Birkenfeld district. In 1969 it was reclassified to the Kusel district.
By the Rhineland-Palatinate "State Law on the Dissolution of the Manor District Baumholder and its Communal Restructuring" of November 2, 1993 (GVBl. P. 518), the former neighboring municipality of Oberjeckenbach , which had previously belonged to the Birkenfeld district, became on January 1, 1994 in the local community Unterjeckenbach reclassified.
Timo Theis became local mayor of Unterjeckenbach on August 6, 2019. Since there was no candidate for the direct election on May 26, 2019, the upcoming election of the mayor was carried out by the council in accordance with the municipal regulations. He decided on Timo Theis.
Karl Christian Michel, the predecessor of Theis, had held office for 40 years, making him the longest-serving mayor in the Lauterecken-Wolfstein community.
Economy and Infrastructure
- Local community Unterjeckenbach on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Lauterecken-Wolfstein
- Aileen Schröder: Unterjeckenbach. In: regionalgeschichte.net. Institute for Historical Regional Studies at the University of Mainz
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- to the map comparison: old community map: Walther Hubatsch (ed.): Outline of German administrative history 1815-1945. Volume 7, Marburg / Lahn 1978, map appendix 8; New community boundary map: Landesvermessungsamt Rheinland-Pfalz, Rhineland-Palatinate (Ed.): Overview map with community boundaries Edition B, ISBN 3-89637-316-1
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Markus Henz: Timo Theis new mayor of Unterjeckenbach. Die Rheinpfalz, August 29, 2019, accessed on May 3, 2020 .
- Rundschau for the Glan and Lautertal: local community Unterjeckenbach. Invitation to the constituent meeting. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, Official Gazette, edition 31/2019, accessed on May 3, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Lauterecken-Wolfstein, Verbandsgemeinde, third from last line of results. Retrieved May 3, 2020 .
- Markus Henz: Unterjeckenbach: Notes on parting. Die Rheinpfalz, May 8, 2019, accessed on May 3, 2020 .