|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Kusel-Altenglan|
|Height :||360 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.43 km 2|
|Residents:||136 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||31 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||66871|
|Area code :||06384|
|License plate :||KUS|
|Community key :||07 3 36 002|
|LOCODE :||DE AAJ|
|Association administration address:||Marktplatz 1
|Mayoress :||Trust Bortscher|
|Location of the local community Albessen in the Kusel district|
The place was first mentioned in 1436 as "Albeßen". In 1609 there were 19 households with a total of 81 inhabitants in the village. Until the end of the 18th century, Albessen belonged to the Duchy of Pfalz-Zweibrücken .
From 1816 on, Albessen belonged to the Kingdom of Bavaria and was part of the Kusel Land Commissioner in the Rhine District . In 1840 the place had 17 houses and 156 inhabitants. It was called a Protestant village and was parish in Konken .
Until 1971, the municipality of Albessen was administratively assigned to the Konken mayor and since January 1, 1972, it belonged to the Kusel community , which was merged into the Kusel-Altenglan community in 2018 .
Traute Bortscher, long-time local mayor, was confirmed in her office for another five years in the direct election on May 26, 2019 with a share of the vote of 76.47%.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Divided by a diagonal line of gold and green, top left a green oak branch with a green leaf and two green acorns, bottom right a silver ploughshare."|
Culture and sights
The architectural monuments are in the list of cultural monuments in Albessen
The maypole is set up every first May . It is anchored in a fixed bracket next to the village pond . On the trunk are the coats of arms of some well-known families , businesses and associations, e.g. B. the folk choir or the volunteer fire brigade . Then beer and grilled goods are sold and celebrated in the district of the village and the surrounding communities.
Another regular festival is the Weiherfest directly at the pond in the village. At the Weiherfest, the creation of the pond is celebrated as an extinguishing water pond . Each place has its own summer festival with a different name. In Kusel, for example, it is the Kusel autumn fair.
In Albessen there is a restaurant (in the adjoining room a service of the Evangelical Church is held once a month on the second Sunday) and three full-time and one part-time farmers . An attraction often visited by school classes and other interested parties is an organic farm , which is the first in Germany to be run as a stock corporation . Kornelius Burgdörfer-Bensel is the head and board member of the AG. There is also a company that produces goat cheese and markets it itself.
- "Dorfchronik Albessen" by Rainer Dick (PDF; 324 kB)
- Local community Albessen on the website of the association community Kusel-Altenglan
- Albessen at regionalgeschichte.net
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Max Siebert: The Kingdom of Bavaria topographically and statistically in lexicographical and tabular form , Verlag Georg Franz, Munich 1840. p. 156 ( Google Books )
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Sabrina Wagner: Road construction projects occupy the local community of Albessen and its representatives. Die Rheinpfalz, June 21, 2019, accessed on May 9, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Kusel-Altenglan, Verbandsgemeinde, first line of results. Retrieved May 9, 2020 .