Kirrweiler (near Lauterecken)
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Lauterecken-Wolfstein|
|Height :||270 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.34 km 2|
|Residents:||161 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||25 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||67744|
|Area code :||06387|
|License plate :||KUS|
|Community key :||07 3 36 050|
|Association administration address:||Schulstrasse 6a
|Local Mayor :||Ralf Schuster|
|Location of the local community Kirrweiler in the Kusel district|
Kirrweiler is located in the western Palatinate between the Palatinate Forest and the Hunsrück . 51 percent of the municipal area is forested. In the north is the Schönbornerhof, which belongs to Homberg , in the southeast Deimberg , in the south the Obereisenbach, which belongs to Sankt Julian, and to the west is the Baumholder military training area . When the military training area was built in 1938, 155.5 hectares of forest area were separated from the Kirrweiler district. In the course of disarmament after the Cold War , the community was given 170.21 hectares as a district area in 1993, but the federal government remained the landowner.
In 1816 the place came to the Principality of Lichtenberg , a newly created exclave of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and from 1826 of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha . With this he fell to Prussia in 1834 , which created the Sankt Wendel district from this area . After the separation of the main part to the newly created Saar area , the remaining district of Sankt Wendel-Baumholder was created in 1920 , to which the place belonged until 1937, when it was incorporated into the Birkenfeld district. In 1969 it was reclassified to the Kusel district. While Kirrweiler still had over 300 inhabitants until the Second World War , the number of inhabitants has almost halved since then.
- Population development
The development of the population of Kirrweiler, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Ralf Schuster became the local mayor of Kirrweiler on July 9, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 51.67% of the vote. His predecessor was Albert Reiss.
Since 1975 the municipality has maintained partnerships with Kirrweiler in the district of Südliche Weinstrasse , Kirrwiller in the Bas-Rhin department in Alsace and Kirviller in the Moselle department in Lorraine (both now in the Grand Est region ).
Economy and Infrastructure
- Internet presence of the local community Kirrweiler
- Local community Kirrweiler on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Lauterecken-Wolfstein
- Kirrweiler at regionalgeschichte.net
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Rhineland-Palatinate "State law on the dissolution of the Baumholder manor and its municipal reorganization" of November 2, 1993 (GVBl, p. 518) [§ 2 (1) No. 6].
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Rundschau for the Glan and Lauter Valley: Announcement. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, Official Journal, edition 27/2019, accessed on May 1, 2020 .
- The State Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Lauterecken-Wolfstein, Verbandsgemeinde, 21st line of results. Retrieved May 1, 2020 .
- Markus Henz: Kirrweiler: New local mayor Ralf Schuster committed. Die Rheinpfalz, July 11, 2019, accessed on May 1, 2020 .