Ilbesheim near Landau in the Palatinate
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Southern Wine Route|
|Association municipality :||Landau country|
|Height :||202 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.07 km 2|
|Residents:||1136 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||187 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||76831|
|Area code :||06341|
|License plate :||SOUTH|
|Community key :||07 3 37 042|
|Association administration address:||To 44 No. 31
76829 Landau in the Palatinate
|Local Mayor :||Peter Jean|
|Location of the local community Ilbesheim near Landau in the Palatinate in the southern Weinstrasse district|
Ilbesheim is located in the Weinstrasse region southwest of Landau in the Palatinate . Neighboring communities are - clockwise - Landau in der Pfalz, Göcklingen , Eschbach and Leinsweiler . In Wasgau , as the southern part of the Palatinate Forest and the adjoining northern part of the Vosges are also called, the municipality has a forest enclave.
Elevations and waters
The Kleine Kalmit , an elevation upstream of the Haardt , rises north-east of the settlement area on the boundary with Landau . The Birnbach flows in a west-east direction through the middle of the place and its buildings. The 512.7 meter high Wetterberg rises on the forest enclave .
On November 7, 1704, the Ilbesheim Treaty was signed as a surrender treaty by the representative of Electress Therese Kunigunde , the court chamber director and secretary Johann Sebald Neusönner , and the representatives of Emperor Leopold I at the headquarters of the imperial troops in Ilbesheim before Landau in the Palatinate . Through him, the acts of war in the context of the Spanish War of Succession in southern Germany were ended.
From 1802 to 1814, when the Palatinate was part of the French Republic (until 1804) and then part of the Napoleonic Empire , Ilbesheim was incorporated into the canton of Bergzabern . In 1815 the place Austria was added. Just one year later, the place changed to the Kingdom of Bavaria . A year later he moved to the canton of Landau . From 1818 to 1862 Ilbesheim belonged to the Landau Landau commissioner ; from this the district office of Landau emerged.
From 1939 the place was part of the Landau district in the Palatinate . After the Second World War , Ilbesheim became part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate within the French occupation zone . In the course of the first Rhineland-Palatinate administrative reform , Ilbesheim moved to the newly created Landau-Bad Bergzabern district on June 7, 1969 , which was renamed the Südliche Weinstrasse district in 1978 . In 1972 the community was assigned to the newly formed Landau-Land association.
The municipal council in Ilbesheim consists of 16 council members who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voter Group Ilbesheim e. V.
Peter Jean (SPD) became the local mayor of Ilbesheim on August 14, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 53.61% of the vote. Jeans predecessor Peter Hieb (FWG) did not run again after ten years in office.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "A red-armored and tongued golden lion growing in black from a green three-mountain."|
|Justification of the coat of arms: It was approved by the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior in 1931 and goes back to a seal that had been in use at least since 1606.|
The town center is designated as a monument zone; there are also numerous individual monuments .
Ilbesheim is a wine-growing town and as such part of the Palatinate wine-growing region . The individual layers Rittersberg and Sonnenberg are located on site . In the south-west of the community, the German wine cooperative is also located.
The last small saffron cultivation in the Palatinate is located on the Kleine Kalmit in the Ilbesheim district . Hieronymus Bock already reported on saffron cultivation in Ilbesheim in his New Kreutterbuch from 1539.
The state road 509 touches the southern edge of the settlement area. Kreisstraße 20 runs west of the latter . The place itself is connected to the local transport network via the bus lines 530 and 531 of the Rhein-Neckar transport association. In an easterly direction both lead to Landau in the Palatinate. Line 530 connects Ilbesheim with Annweiler am Trifels , line 531 with Leinsweiler and Ranschbach . The southern route of the Palatinate Way of St. James also runs through the community .
- Ludwig Joachim
Sons and daughters of the church
- Wilhelm Hornberger (1819–1882), sculptor, pupil of Ludwig Schwanthaler
- August Zinn (1825–1897), physician and politician
- Johannes Hoffmann (1867–1930), politician (SPD), Bavarian Prime Minister and member of the Reichstag
- Adolf Doerner (1892–1964), painter
- Walter Müller (1918–1988), politician (SPD, independent), member of the state parliament in Rhineland-Palatinate
- Ilbesheim near Landau in the Palatinate
- Literature about Ilbesheim near Landau in the Palatinate in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- KommWis, as of December 31, 2013
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections.
- Gerhard Sommer: Newly elected local councilor Ilbesheim takes up work. Die Rheinpfalz, August 16, 2019, accessed on April 10, 2020 .
- The State Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. Retrieved on April 10, 2020 (see Landau-Land, Verbandsgemeinde, ninth line of results).
- Karl Heinz Debus: The great book of arms of the Palatinate. Neustadt an der Weinstrasse 1988, ISBN 3-9801574-2-3 .
- General Directorate for Cultural Heritage Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Informational directory of cultural monuments - Southern Wine Route district. Mainz 2020, p. 55 ff. (PDF; 10 MB).