|Height :||157 m above sea level NN|
|Postal code :||51519|
|Area code :||02207|
Location of Klev (Odenthal) in Odenthal
Building in Klev 2019
Klev , also called Klef , Kleef or Klief in old writings , is a district in Oberodenthal in the municipality of Odenthal in the Rheinisch-Bergisches Kreis . It is located in the Scherfbachtal on a side street of the Scherfbachtalstraße halfway between Höffe and Bechen .
The name Klev / Klef is derived from clif, klef meaning "steep slope".
The first documentary mention comes from November 9th 1373. In the corresponding document an Adolf von Klev is listed as a resident. For the year 1399 we learn that Klev belongs to the Altenberg court .
During the War of the Spanish Succession , the Odenthalers also had to make their contributions to national defense. In this context, among other things, a winner is listed for the clover . He had to provide 19 fascines and 30 stakes .
The Topographia Ducatus Montani by Erich Philipp Ploennies , Blatt Amt Miselohe , proves that the residential area was categorized as Freyhof in 1715 and named Clebershus . Carl Friedrich von Wiebeking names the court on his charter of the Duchy of Berg in 1789 as Unter Clef . It shows that Klev was part of Oberodenthal in the Odenthal rulership at that time .
Under the French administration between 1806 and 1813, the rule was dissolved. Klev was politically assigned to the Mairie Odenthal in the canton of Bensberg . In 1816 the Prussians converted the Mairie to the mayor's office in Odenthal in the Mülheim am Rhein district .
The place is recorded on the topographical survey of the Rhineland from 1824 as Klever Hof and on the Prussian first survey from 1840 as Unter Clief . From the Prussian new admission in 1892, it is regularly listed as Klev on measuring table sheets .
- Gerd Müller: Odenthal, History of a Bergische Gemeinde, published by the Odenthal municipality, Odenthal 1976, pp. 13, 16, 259
- Wilhelm Fabricius : Explanations for the Historical Atlas of the Rhine Province ; Second volume: The map of 1789. Division and development of the territories from 1600 to 1794 ; Bonn; 1898
- The associated Ober Clief is Klief in Kürten ..
- Alexander A. Mützell: New topographical-statistical-geographical dictionary of the Prussian state . tape 1 . Karl August Künnel, Halle 1821.
- Friedrich von Restorff : Topographical-statistical description of the Royal Prussian Rhine Province , Nicolai, Berlin and Stettin 1830
- Overview of the components and list of all the localities and individually named properties of the government district of Cologne: by districts, mayor's offices and parishes, with information on the number of people and the residential buildings, as well as the Confessions, Jurisdictions, Military and former state conditions. / ed. from the Royal Government of Cologne [Cologne], 
- Royal Statistical Bureau Prussia (ed.): The communities and manor districts of the Prussian state and their population . The Rhine Province, No. XI . Berlin 1874.
- Königliches Statistisches Bureau (Prussia) (Ed.): Community encyclopedia for the Rhineland Province, based on the materials of the census of December 1, 1885 and other official sources, (Community encyclopedia for the Kingdom of Prussia, Volume XII), Berlin 1888.
- Königliches Statistisches Bureau (Prussia) (Ed.): Community encyclopedia for the Rhineland Province, based on the materials of the census of December 1, 1895 and other official sources, (Community encyclopedia for the Kingdom of Prussia, Volume XII), Berlin 1897.
- Königliches Statistisches Bureau (Prussia) (Ed.): Community encyclopedia for the Rhineland Province, based on the materials of the census of December 1, 1905 and other official sources, (Community encyclopedia for the Kingdom of Prussia, Issue XII), Berlin 1909.