• Population density
|104,344 ( January 1, 2019 )
104 inhabitants / km²
• of which cities
• of which Městyse
Vehicle registration number
(issued until 2001)
The Okres Chrudim (German district Chrudim ) is located in Pardubický kraj (Pardubitz region, Czech Republic ) and covers an area of 1,030 km², on which 104,344 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2019) live in 108 municipalities, one third of which in the Towns Chrudim and Hlinsko lives. Other cities are Skuteč , Heřmanův Městec , Luže , Nasavrky , Seč u Nasavrk , Slatiňany , Chrast , Třemošnice and Ronov nad Doubravou .
The agriculturally usable area takes up 62%, forest areas a further 18%. The main crops are grain, potatoes and sugar beets, as well as dairy farming, cattle and pig breeding and the processing of eggs. Industrial centers are Chrudim (mechanical engineering, food industry, textile industry), Hlinsko (electrical engineering, fur industry, food), Skuteč (leather and textile industry), Nasavrky (textile), Prachovice (building materials), Třemošnice (mechanical engineering), Chrast (food and wood processing) , Hrochův Týnec (sugar production, building materials). Thanks to the growth of small businesses, the number of people employed in the construction industry is growing. At 9.4%, the district is one of the regions with the highest unemployment .
In addition to investments in the commercial sector, tourism in particular is to be stimulated. In addition to numerous reconstructions in the cities, monuments were also restored and made accessible to the public.
The main attractions include
- The district town of Chrudim with its historical core with the church Nanebevzetí Panny Marie and the puppet museum in Mydlářův dům.
- The Slatiňany State Farm and its stud farm with an attached hippological museum
- Ruins of the castle Košumberk , Lichnice Castle , Castle Rychmburk and Castle Oheb
- Church of St. Bartoloměj with a wooden bell in Kočí
- Jewish area in Heřmanův Městec
- Memorial to the victims of National Socialism in Ležáky .
- Exhibition of folk architecture in Vysočina na Veselém Kopci and in the vicinity of Hlinecko .
- Natural attractions also make the district a popular destination for water, summer and winter sports enthusiasts
Some famous people were born here or have worked here:
- Educator and philosopher Wilhelm Jerusalem
- Inventor of the ship's propeller Josef Ressel
- Writers Karel Václav Rais , Jaroslav Vrchlický
- Composer Zdeněk Fibich , Vítězslav Novák
- Painters Antonín Chittussi , Adolf Kosárek , Antonín Slavíčka .
cities and communes
Běstvina - Biskupice - Bítovany - Bojanov - Bor u Skutče - Bořice - Bousov - Bylany - Chrudim - Ctětín - Čankovice - České Lhotice - Dědová - Dolni Bezděkov - Dřenice - Dvakačovice - Hamry - Heřmanův Městec - Hlinsko - Hluboká - Hodonín - Holetín - Honbice - Horka - Horní Bradlo - Hošťalovice - Hrochův Týnec - Hroubovice - Chrast - Chroustovice - Chrudim - Jeníkov - Jenišovice - Kameničky - Kladno - Klešice - Kněžice - Kočí - Kostelec u Heřmanova Městce - Krasne - Krouna - Křižanovice - Lány - Leštinka - Libkov - Liboměřice - Licibořice - Lipovec - Lozice - Lukavice - Luže - Míčov-Sušice - Miřetice - Mladoňovice - Morašice - Mrákotín - Nabočany - Načešice - Nasavrky - Orel - Ostrov - Otradov - Perálec - Podhořany u Ronova - Pokřikov - Prachovice - Proseč - Prosetín - Předhradí - Přestavlky - Rabštejnská Lhota - Raná - Ronov nad Doubravou - Rosice - Rozhovice - Řestoky - Seč - Skuteč - Slatiňany - Smrček - Sobětuchy - Stolany - Střemošice - Studnice - Svídnice - Svratouch - Tisovec - Tr Hova Kamenice - Trojovice - Třemošnice - Třibřichy - Tuněchody - Úherčice - Úhřetice - Vápenný Podol - Včelákov - Vejvanovice - Vítanov - Vojtěchov - Vortová - Vrbatův Kostelec - Všeradov - Highlands - Vyžice - Zaječice - Zájezdec - Zderaz - Žlebské Chvalovice - Žumberk
- Český statistický úřad - The population of the Czech regions and counties as of January 1, 2019 (XLSX)