|coat of arms||Germany map|
|State :||North Rhine-Westphalia|
|Administrative region :||Detmold|
|Height :||100 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||76.04 km 2|
|Residents:||34,858 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||458 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||32791|
|Area code :||05232|
|License plate :||LIP|
|Community key :||05 7 66 040|
|LOCODE :||DE LGE|
|City structure:||15 districts|
City administration address :
|Am Drawenhof 1
|Mayor :||Matthias Kalkreuter ( SPD )|
|Location of the city Location in the Lippe district|
Location is about 9 km northwest of Detmold not far from the Teutoburg Forest in the Werre Valley in East Westphalia-Lippe . The Hörste district in the middle of the Teutoburg Forest / Eggegebirge nature park is a state-approved climatic health resort .
The Werre flows through the urban area from southeast to northwest. Almost the entire area is drained via this river, which flows into the North Sea via the Weser . Within the urban area, several other streams that come exclusively from the south flow directly into the Werre. These include from Pivitsheide VL coming Rethlager Bach , who made must incoming Rothenbach and in Helpup springing oat Bach . An exception is the Oetternbach , which flows through the northeastern urban area, as it initially flows into the Bega . The Bega also grazes the northern urban area of Lage. There is also a large number of ponds and lakes near Waddenhausen and Müssen , which are relics of past or still ongoing dredging work for gravel and sand extraction.
Location is in the East Westphalian hill country, which consists of clay marl , limestone and sandstones from Triassic , Jura and Chalk . The 1000 to 2000 meter thick sedimentary rocks formed many saddles, hollows, clumps and ditches. Rocks from the Middle Ages can be found at greater depths. In the northeastern foreland of the low mountain range, on the slopes and in the valleys, there are gravel , sand , ground moraine and loess . Rock salt and gypsum are dissolved in the deep subsoil .
The suitability of the Lagens urban area for the use of geothermal energy varies greatly depending on the location. There are few locations that are well to very well suited for the use of geothermal heat sources by means of geothermal probes and heat recovery through heat pump heating . For the most part, the suitability is rather mediocre, occasionally poor (see the adjacent map).
Expansion and use of the urban area
Lage is classified as a small medium-sized town and is 76.02 km² in size. The majority of the area, namely 56.9%, is used for agriculture. Compared to other cities in North Rhine-Westphalia, Lage is on average. At 17.2%, the forest area is slightly lower than the national average. On the other hand, the location with a building, open and operating area of 14.5% shows a higher value than the average.
according to type of use
and operational space
Surface of water
|Area in km²||43.27||13.06||11.04||4.46||1.48||2.34||0.43|
|Share of total area||56.9%||17.2%||14.5%||5.9%||1.9%||3.1%||0.6%|
Starting in the north in a clockwise direction, the cities of Bad Salzuflen , Lemgo , Detmold , the municipality of Augustdorf , the city of Oerlinghausen and the municipality of Leopoldshöhe (all in the Lippe district) border on Lage .
The city of Lage consists of the following 15 districts:
|District||Residents||Districts of the city location|
As of December 31, 2010
The place name Lage probably refers to a low, forest-free, swampy area between forests in the Werreaue. This topographical place name (previously often used with a preposition and always a feminine article: "to der Lage", after the location ) then slowly passed over to the emerging locality.
The origin of Lages in the market church St. Johann
The place is first mentioned in a document dated February 1, 1274 with the following formulation: "Jordanus plebanus in Lagis" . This confirms to the local clergyman that he has earned some kind of annuity. 1274 can therefore be regarded as the year of foundation of the location, although it is not the year the city was founded. The church reference of the first mention makes it clear how essential the approx. 1000 year old market church is for the development of Lages. Its foundation goes back to the time before the first turn of the millennium. At that time the Franks conquered the area of the pagan Saxons under Charlemagne. Efforts quickly arose to proselytize in the pagan area. Therefore, the market church was founded as a parent church. The location was well chosen: the church was built directly at a ford of the Werre, but about three meters above the Werre floodplain (to protect against flooding), in the middle of fertile land. This point is also referred to as the "germ cell Lages". It was, so to speak, the starting point for the settlement of the surrounding area, which is known today as the location. Settlements gradually emerged around the market church, initially through the rectory and a group of courtyards. Over time, more courtyards, the first classic residential houses (half-timbered houses) and a mill were added.
The development of Lages from place to city
At the time of the High Middle Ages, the place was very popular with a comparatively large number of settlers. The reason for this was presumably the special privileges of the citizens of Lages, which can be explained by the elevation of the place as a soft picture . The increase in population increased further. However, it only took on rapid proportions between the 18th and 19th centuries: in 1823 the city had 60% more inhabitants than at the end of the previous century. The settlement had also expanded significantly during this period and exceeded the medieval borders. The desire to finally be formally recognized as a city grew stronger. Starting in 1817, intensive efforts were therefore made, which finally resulted in the granting of city rights in 1843.
Formative themes Lages as a city
Sugar has played an important role in the city since the 19th century; Every autumn, beet trucks drive from the surrounding area to the Lagenser sugar factory, which was founded in 1884 .
Air crash in 1979
On June 18, 1979 during a training flight, a fighter aircraft of type crashed F-4 "Phantom" of Fighter Squadron 71 of the Air Force and fell into a residence in the district of Hagen. The two crew members and five residents were killed. Following an unauthorized greeting loop over the copilot's parents' house, the aircraft's afterburner failed and thus triggered the catastrophe. The mere fact that the accident machine got stuck due to the partial basement in the destroyed house prevented a much larger accident.
Location as a transport hub
Lages' function as a traffic junction is significant. The very old roads that converged on the Werrefurt from different directions became federal highways and railway lines in the modern age. The medieval ascent to a church and market town, later from Weichbild to arable town, was also due to its geographical transport function.
Today, Lage is the intersection of federal highway 66 , which leads northeast to Lemgo and west-southwest to Bielefeld , and federal highway 239 , which leads north-northwest to Bad Salzuflen and south-east to Detmold .
The railroad tracks roughly lead along the connections to neighboring cities described by the federal highways.
Lage does not have its own hospital. The Detmold and Lemgo locations of the Lippe Clinic, however, are only about ten kilometers away.
There are a number of different religious communities in Lage. Since Lage is in the Protestant district of Lippe, the number of Protestant parishes is predominant.
The city of Lage currently has the following municipalities:
- four Evangelical Reformed parishes ( Lippische Landeskirche ): Lage, Heiden, Kachtenhausen, Stapelage-Müssen.
- an Evangelical Lutheran congregation in the Lippe Regional Church and an Evangelical Lutheran congregation in the Independent Evangelical Lutheran Church
- four Baptist congregations , one of which is part of the Federation of Evangelical Free Churches
- two Islamic communities ( Mehmet Akif mosque of the DITIB and Fatih mosque of the IGMG )
- a Mennonite congregation
- a Pentecostal church
- a Seventh-day Adventist Church
- a congregation of the United Methodist Church
- a Roman Catholic parish of St. Peter and Paul
- a New Apostolic congregation
- a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses
The number of relatively many free church communities is remarkable . This is due to the fact that since the mid-1960s, and especially since the early 1990s, numerous ethnic German repatriates from Eastern Europe and late repatriates from the CIS states have settled in Lage, a majority of whom are committed to the free churches.
According to the census on May 9, 2011, 9.1% of the population were Roman Catholic, 48.9% Protestant and 41.9% belonged to other denominations or religious communities or were non-denominational. At the end of 2016, 3,281 (8.7%) of the 37,542 inhabitants were Roman Catholic, 44.4% Protestant and 17,623 (46.9%) belonged to other denominations or religious communities or were non-denominational. At the end of 2019, half of the citizens were neither Protestant nor Protestant Catholic.
On the basis of Section 1 of the law on the reorganization of the Detmold district of December 2, 1969, the previous city of Lage and the communities of Billinghausen, Ehrentrup, Hagen, Hardissen, Hedderhagen, Heiden, Heßloh, Hörste, Müssen, and Ohrsen became effective from January 1, 1970 , Pottenhausen, Waddenhausen and Wissentrup as well as the municipality of Kachtenhausen ( Lemgo district ) merged to form a new municipality that was incorporated into the Detmold district. The community was named Lage and is called "City". Parts of the previous municipality of Kachtenhausen were incorporated into the city of Oerlinghausen (Lemgo district) and parts of the previous municipality of Hörste into the municipality of Augustdorf.
Status: usually on December 31 of the year; 1970 January 1; 1974 June 30th
Lage belongs to the Lippe I state electoral district , in which Ellen Stock (SPD) was elected as a direct candidate in the 2017 state elections . In addition, Martina Hannen from the FDP is a member of the state parliament from Lage, she moved in via the party's state list. At the federal level, Lage belongs to the Lippe I constituency , in which Kerstin Vieregge (CDU) was elected as a direct candidate in 2017 .
The Lagens city council currently consists of 40 councilors. In addition, the mayor is the council chairman. The following table shows the local election results since 1975:
|B90 / The Greens||5||13.32||4th||10.52||3||6.91||3||7.17||4th||9.08||3||7.78||4th||9.95||-||-||-||-|
1 Citizens' movement for location
2 Free community of voters for location
3 without taking into account rounding differences
Mayor of Lage is Matthias Kalkreuter (SPD), who won the election with 61.23% in a runoff election on June 16, 2019. His predecessor Christian Liebrecht (CDU) was mayor of the sugar city from 2004 to 2019. He was elected in a runoff on October 10, 2004 with 60.5% of the valid votes. In 2009 he was re-elected with 55.20% and in 2015 with 60.18%. His predecessor was Wilfried Siekmöller (SPD), who was elected on September 26, 1999 in a runoff election with 50.6% of the valid votes.
coat of arms
With a deed dated July 3, 1970, the city of Lage was granted the right to use a coat of arms.
Description of coat of arms: The coat of arms of the city shows a blue plow iron turned to the left in gold.
The first imprint of a seal from 1601 shows the plow turned to the left. The coat of arms of the town hall tower from 1663 shows the plow turned to the right. In the railing of the town hall from 1956 you can find the plow turned to the left. Only two years earlier the city had been awarded a seal with the oldest verifiable representation of the plow.
After the First World War, Lage led the city colors red and green, as the coat of arms used had a red bar. In 1933 the colors of the Lippe cities were redefined. In Lage, the colors yellow and blue were chosen. In a document dated November 19, 1954, the city was given a coat of arms, a seal and a flag.
Since 1977 the location to the city of St. Johann im Pongau ( Austria ) maintains a friendly city connection. A special train runs to the twin city about every two and a half years. Up to 550 people take part in these trips. Many of Lagens pupils went skiing for the first time in St. Johann. The St. Johann peasant band or the citizens' music take part in the shooting festival in Lage.
The younger partnership is with Horsham ( Great Britain ). Citizens have been visiting regularly since 1985. In particular, the Lagens high school and the partner schools in Horsham maintain a lively exchange.
From June 1st, 1984 to December 31st, 200288 there was a sponsorship with the tank battalion 214 in Augustdorf . It was founded on the occasion of the battalion's 25th anniversary. On December 4th 1997 the sponsorship was confirmed and a sponsorship badge was ceremoniously handed over. It ended with the battalion's decommissioning.
Culture and sights
The market church of St. Johann was built in the 10th century and converted into a Romanesque single-nave church. In the 15th century it was converted into today's late Gothic, three-aisled hall church. The Marienglocke from 1518 is one of the oldest church bells in Lippe.
- The neo-Gothic mansion was acquired by the Corvey Monastery around the turn of the millennium . The castle is privately owned, so only the outside area can be visited. The castle was a medieval tower hill complex, parts of which are still preserved from the curtain wall.
- Old district court
- Built between 1879 and 1881 in classicist forms. In 1979 the district court was dissolved and the building was given a new use. Today it houses a law firm.
- Old prison
- Small house in the style of a Kottens in the Plaßstrasse. Served mainly to accommodate the defendants for the duration of the trial at the district court. Today it has more of a museum character.
- Erected in 1863 in neo-Gothic form. 1904/05 increased by Gustav Messmann and changed in forms of Art Nouveau.
- Technikum Lage (engineering school)
- The main building was built in the neoclassical style between 1924 and 1926. From 1971 it was incorporated into the Lippe University of Applied Sciences, today the Technical University of Ostwestfalen-Lippe , but 10 years later this department in Lage was dissolved again. In 1988 the building was listed and finally acquired, rebuilt and restored by the city in 1993. Since 1995 the former technical center has housed the Lage Music School, the Lippe-West Adult Education Center and the Dotti Foundation.
- Built in 1892 by Freiherr Wilhelm Borsdorf as a hostel for travelers in view of the enthusiasm for the emperor and empire at the time. The popular excursion site is reminiscent of a medieval fortification. It was built on an elevated position on the edge of the Lagenser city forest and therefore offers a wonderful view of the Teutoburg Forest and the Lippe mountainous region. Today the Wilhelmsburg houses a large Asian restaurant.
- Residential buildings
- Only a few of the numerous half-timbered buildings that shaped the town center have survived. One of the oldest is Haus Seppmann (Bergstrasse 23), designated in 1648, which is provided with carved panels. According to the inscription, it was built in 1648 and completely renovated in 1922/23. The commercial building at Lange Straße 64, which was built around 1640/50 and an annex was added in 1912, is believed to date from the same time. The Rhienstraße has further half-timbered buildings. In the house with the number 6 (Restaurant "Little Schröder") is, to a arisings by 1700 Dielenhaus that as a bow window features as the 1658 dated building at number 32. Only slightly younger Rhienstraße 43, a 1663 created Two-column construction.
- Critics accuse the city of not being very careful with the historical buildings in the inner city of Lage until the recent past. The Brinkmannsche Haus, a well-preserved three-column half-timbered building from 1658, had to give way in 1983 to a new building complex known as the “West Gate”. Although the house was rebuilt shortly afterwards on Heidenschen Straße, the original structure was almost completely destroyed and only a few old beams were reused. Despite the extensive loss of monument status, the building is still listed in the city of Lage's list of monuments.
- The so-called " Old Castle " on Friedrich-Petri-Straße, which originally served as a bailiwick , was one of the most important and oldest secular buildings in the town . The half-timbered building was dendrochronologically dated to the year 1618. As the necessary maintenance measures were not carried out on the building that was last owned by the city and is a listed building, it was finally canceled due to its dilapidation.
see also: List of architectural monuments in Lage
The Westphalian industrial museum Ziegelei Lage is located north of the city center in the district of Hagen. It shows both pre-industrial and machine brick production. Furthermore, an exhibition shows how the Lippe migrant goats lived and worked. The museum offers demonstrations and special adventure offers for children.
The LaBüVISION drama group from Lage has been performing in the town's community center since 2007 . They play comedies, dramas, fairy tales and other theatrical genres. Also known in Lage is the Gymnasium's theater group, which publishes a play every spring.
The Lage Music School was founded in 1981 and has been housed in the technical center since 1995. 800 students receive elementary, instrumental, singing and ensemble lessons in classical, jazz and pop from a staff of around 25. Around 80 events are held annually, from class auditions to school concerts to the series “Musik tut gut”.
Since 2005 there has been a jazz cocktail in Brinkmann's house on the last Thursday of every month . At these concerts, small ensembles (duo or trio) with singing play entertaining jazz, chanson and pop with free admission.
The men's choir Liederheim Lage e. V. was founded in 1889 and today has around 35 active singers between the ages of around 22 and 80 years. His repertoire mainly includes classical choral works, but also current pieces of music from the world of hit and pop. In addition to the musical work, MGV Liederheim has been organizing a large carnival session every year since 1960, which is known far beyond the city limits because of its national and local political coloring.
The urban Peace Park extends over 2.1 hectares and is located on the northeastern edge of the old town center. The park was created in 1956 from the former cemetery of the Protestant parish. It is completely surrounded by a limestone wall. On the western edge there is a memorial for those who died in the world wars, and some gravestones have been preserved. The park is open to the public.
The Johannis stones are large granite boulders that were pushed by ice age glaciers to their current location near federal highway 239 towards Detmold.
- LC location: volleyball , beach volleyball
- TuS Müssen-Billinghausen 1919 e. V .: The club with around 1000 members is divided into the departments handball , popular sports and carnival .
- The TG Lage was founded in 1862 under the name Turngemeinde Lage . The TG location has about 1000 members. The club became known nationwide primarily through the success of its triathletes, who repeatedly make positive headlines both as individual athletes, and in the team area, where they were promoted to the triathlon regional league in 2007 with their first team.
- SuS location : soccer, judo, badminton, gymnastics, karate
- RSV Hörste from 1920 e. V .: football, karate, table tennis, gymnastics, volleyball, running and Nordic walking
- TuS v. 1913 Kachtenhausen e. V .: Association with 1500 members in the district of Kachtenhausen. Offer: tennis, badminton, gymnastics, soccer
- BSV Müssen : Association with 500 members in the district Müssen. Offer: football, gymnastics, gymnastics, jazz dance
- GHSV Lage e. V .: Utility dog sports club with the departments of protection service , obedience and agility . Members of the agility department regularly take part in the qualification runs for the world championships in agility. Every year, seminars for international athletes take place at the dog field in Lage-Müssen, including Emiel Vervoort from Belgium and Silvia Trkman from Slovenia (World Champion Agility 2003 and 2005).
- The LG Lage-Detmold-Bad Salzuflen is the oldest athletics community in Germany. In 1963 the LG Lage-Detmold-Bad Salzuflen (at that time still LG Lage) was founded from the associations “SuS Lage” and “Turngemeinde Lage”. The club currently has very strong endurance athletes such as Silvia Krull, who was the second fastest German woman in the Berlin marathon in 2007 and is also the West German champion over the half marathon distance.
Every year on the second weekend in March, the people of Lagos celebrate the spring market with a fair. The third Saturday in May is the flower and pot market . There is a farmers' market on the first weekend in June . On the first weekend in October there has been a Reinholdi market with a fair in the Pottenhausen district since 1928 . On the last weekend in October there is a martini market with a fair in the city center . A week later, in the Hörste district, Hörster fun fair . In December there is a Christmas market with a cultural program on the market square in Lagens
Infrastructure and economy
Rail and bus transport
The station Lage (Lippe) is located on the railway line Herford-Altenbeken that here with the Begatalbahn crosses. This location played a major economic role for the city until the 1970s, which is reflected, among other things, in the station area, which is unusually large for the small city. With the general decline in rail freight traffic, the city lost this role.
In addition, there is also the Ehlenbruch train station in the Kachtenhausen district, which is served every hour by the RB 73 (Bielefeld-Lemgo).
Furthermore, the district of Waddenhausen is indirectly connected to the Herford – Paderborn line through the Sylbach stop near the border in the neighboring town of Bad Salzuflen. Since this stop is in the area of Holzhausen (city of Bad Salzuflen), it belongs to the tariff area of Bad Salzuflen.
In local public transport, there are mostly hourly traffic:
- the regional train RB 72 "Ostwestfalenbahn" Herford - Lage (Lippe) - Detmold - Altenbeken - Paderborn (with a stop also in Sylbach),
- the regional train RB 73 "Der Lipperländer" Bielefeld - Lage (Lippe) - Lemgo and
- the regional express RE 82 "Der Leineweber" Bielefeld - Lage (Lippe) - Detmold - Altenbeken.
There are regular regional bus connections to Lemgo (line 748), Detmold (line 750) and Oerlinghausen (line 769). City lines (748, 749 to Waddenhausen , 951) mostly run every hour. Line 951 runs through the districts of Müssen , Billinghausen , Stapelage , Hörste and back and is operated by the bus company “Wellhausen GmbH & Co KG”.
The sugar factory in Lage was founded in 1883. It is owned by the Pfeifer & Langen company . The factory produces refined sugar and white sugar that is bought by large customers such as Coca-Cola . Without campaign staff, it has 70 employees and processes 7500 t of beet per day. Another large company is the Lipperland-Konserven canning factory , which is based in the Ehrentrup district and sells canned kale.
The private broadcaster Radio Lippe broadcasts local news and reports from the Lippe district. The regional office Detmold of the WDR studio in Bielefeld represents the public broadcasting in the district.
The Stadtwerke location are responsible for the water and gas supply in the city. Thus, the municipal utilities are also the operator of the 269 km long gas and 450 km long water network. To maintain the water pressure and water supply, three pressure boosting stations and eight elevated tanks with a capacity of 3000 m³ are operated.
The city of Lage has had a volunteer fire brigade since 1873 . It is divided into six fire fighting trains and groups, each with its own fire station and thus covering the supply of all districts.
In addition to non-fiction and novels, the Lage City Library also offers new media such as audio books and CD-ROMs for loan.
The city of Lage, as a school authority, currently maintains nine primary schools, a secondary school, a secondary school, a grammar school, the Albert Schweitzer School - the special school of the city of Lage with a special focus on learning - and the city music school.
Six schools are currently open all-day schools offering pupil care outside of pure school lessons; other schools also want to join the project.
The location is also the location of the Irmela-Wendt-School for the speech-impaired in the district of Pottenhausen operated by the Lippe district.
In 2007, the city's schools with 282 teachers taught a total of 4022 students, 37.1% of them in elementary schools, 16.1% in secondary schools and 18.6% in secondary schools, 20.2% in grammar schools and 8 % at the special school.
The extracurricular educational offer is characterized by the extensive range of courses offered by the music school of the city of Lage and the Lippe-West adult education center, as well as the courses and seminars offered by other public and private providers.
On December 8, 2011, the city council posthumously revoked Adolf Hitler's honorary citizenship of the city of Lage.
The city of Lage no longer has honorary citizens. Since December 17, 1987, the city of Lage has instead been awarding the Ehrentaler to deserving citizens. The winners of this award are:
- Luise Penning
- Leopold Möller
- Karl Wedegärtner
- Leo Neumayr
- 2007: Ute Einsporn
- Franz Drewes
sons and daughters of the town
- 1642: Ulrich Pierius , reformed pastor
- 1802: Moritz Leopold Petri , judiciary, writer and politician
- 1841: Heinemann Vogelstein , rabbi and leader of the religious-liberal movement in German Judaism
- 1879: Gustav Meßmann , architect and politician (DVP)
- 1895: Adolf Wedderwille , politician ( NSDAP ), member of the Lippe state parliament and the state government in Lippe; Deputy Minister of State; Member of the Reichstag ( Gau Westfalen-Nord )
- 1899: Fritz Bracht , NSDAP Gauleiter of Upper Silesia; Member of the Reichstag (constituency of Breslau)
- 1923: Peter Schilling , Wehrmacht deserter
- 1932: Reinhard Wilmbusse , politician of the SPD and member of the state parliament from 1975 to 1994
- 1940: Hans Wagener , Germanist
- 1948: Peter Steinbach , historian
- 1952: Erhard Drews , major general
- 1954: Ute Schäfer , politician of the SPD and from 2010 to 2015 Minister of Family, Youth, Culture and Sport of North Rhine-Westphalia
- 1961: Ingo Althöfer , mathematician
- 1965: Petra Kilian , costume designer
- 1966: Uwe Banton , reggae singer
- 1966: Ellen floor , politician of the SPD , a member of the North Rhine-Westphalian State Parliament since 2017
Personalities who have worked in the city
- Wilhelm Mademann , President of the State Parliament and Mayor of Lage
- Martina Hannen , German politician of the FDP , member of the state parliament since 2017
- AW Peter: Plow in the coat of arms. Location in Lippe: Kirchdorf - Weichbild - Stadt . Haberbeck, Lage 1960 (= special publication by the Natural Science and Historical Association for the State of Lippe XIV)
- Burkhard Meier: Location in Lippe A journey of discovery through the city and districts . Published by Postillon Verlag, Lage 2007. (with photos by Bernhard Hesterbrink)
- Hans C. Jacobs (Hrsg.): Historisches Jahrbuch Lage 2007. With a chronicle of the past two years . Location 2007, ISBN 978-3-89918-016-9 . (186 pages)
- Population of the municipalities of North Rhine-Westphalia on December 31, 2019 - update of the population based on the census of May 9, 2011. State Office for Information and Technology North Rhine-Westphalia (IT.NRW), accessed on June 17, 2020 . ( Help on this )
- Geoscientific community descriptions NRW Lage ( Memento from March 27, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Geological Service NRW: Using geothermal energy - Geothermal study provides planning basis ( Memento from September 14, 2005 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 369 kB)
- http://www.lds.nrw.de/kommunalprofil/l05766040.pdf ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Main statute of the city of Lage dated November 5, 2009 with information on the city structure (PDF)
- 2010 residents statistics ( memento of the original from October 17, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 1.4 MB): page 6
- Population in regional comparison by religion -in% - city location , accessed on November 19, 2019
- City Location Inhabitants 2016 Inhabitants by religion and gender Page 16 (as of December 31, 2016)
- Law on the reorganization of the Detmold district of December 2, 1969
- Martin Bünermann, Heinz Köstering: The communities and districts after the local government reform in North Rhine-Westphalia . Deutscher Gemeindeverlag, Cologne 1975, ISBN 3-555-30092-X , p. 112 f .
- Population the districts 1970 - 2009 (PDF; 6.6 kB)
- 2010 residents statistics ( memento of the original from October 17, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 1.4 MB): page 5
- Archived copy ( memento of the original from November 17, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- 2016 residents' statistics. City of Lage, December 31, 2017, accessed on June 6, 2017 .
- database NRW; Election results for the municipality code 05766040
- State Office for Information and Technology in North Rhine-Westphalia: Local elections
- Municipal data center Minden-Ravensberg / Lippe: Results of the 2014 council election
- For the demolition and subsequent reconstruction see: Heinrich Stiewe: The "Destruction" of an architectural monument. In: Der Holznagel, Extra Edition, December 1984, pp. 25-38
- For more information on the history of the old castle in Lage see: Heinrich Stiewe: "Old Castle" and "Free Court" in Lage. On the history of the construction and use of an unusual half-timbered house. In: Heimatland Lippe, 85th year, September 1992 edition, 242–248
- Home. Retrieved on November 19, 2019 (German).
- Association Westphalia-Lippe: Peace Park in LWL-GeodatenKultur
- LC Lage ( Memento of the original from December 21, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Official website
- City location: Construction project downtown / city location. Retrieved April 4, 2017 .
- gas network
- water network
- State Office for Data Processing and Statistics North Rhine-Westphalia: Municipal profile location ( Memento of the original from May 5, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.