Love (The Beatles Album)
|Remix album by The Beatles|
November 20, 2006
|Label (s)||Parlophone / Apple / EMI / Universal Music|
Love ( English Love ) is a remix album of the British group Beatles contains the music, which is exclusive to an eponymous show of Cirque du Soleil has been compiled. The album was released on November 17, 2006 in Germany, November 20, 2006 in Great Britain and November 21, 2006 in the USA .
The original idea that the Cirque du Soleil could use music by the Beatles came from the friendship between George Harrison and the founder of the Cirque du Soleil, Guy Laliberté . Work on the album only began after Harrison's death in 2004, after Paul McCartney , Ringo Starr , Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison (the latter two representing the late Beatles John Lennon and George Harrison) allowed the Beatles to use the original multi-track recordings to put together a medley for the show LOVE by Cirque du Soleil . Various Beatles songs are mixed together on the album, for example the vocals from Within You Without You were placed on the rhythm of Tomorrow Never Knows .
The album was produced by George Martin and his son Giles Martin in Abbey Road Studios . The remix engineer was Paul Hicks, he was supported by Chris Bolster, Mirek Stiles and Sam Okell, who made the mixes using the Pro Tools software . The project was coordinated by Allan Rouse. The stereo version was mastered by Steve Rooke at Abbey Road Studios , while the 5.1 version was mastered by Tim Young at Metropolis Mastering .
For the acoustic version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps , which was first released on the album Anthology 3 , George Martin wrote an orchestral accompaniment, which was recorded in the AIR Studios in London under the direction of Martin with sound engineer Nick Wollage, otherwise based all songs on the original Beatles recordings.
George Martin concluded about the album Love :
“This music was designed for the LOVE show in Las Vegas, but in so doing we have created a new Beatles album. The Beatles always looked for other ways of expressing themselves and this is another step forward for them. "
“This music was developed for the LOVE show in Las Vegas, but we did a new Beatles album. The Beatles have always looked for other ways to express themselves, and that's another step for them. "
Paul McCartney described the album as follows:
“This album puts The Beatles back together again. It's kind of magical ”
“This album brings the Beatles back together. Its magical."
Ringo Starr added:
“George and Giles did such a great job combining these tracks. It's really powerful for me and I even heard things I'd forgotten we'd recorded. "
“George and Giles did such a good job combining these tracks. To me it's really powerful and I've even heard things that I forgot we'd recorded. "
The album Love was released as a normal audio CD and as a CD / audio DVD , with a surround mix being heard on the audio DVD . The audio DVD, which is around two minutes longer than the audio CD, also contains the music in a format that can also be played on DVD players that are only video DVD compatible. The album Love was also released on April 30, 2007 as a double LP .
The album reached number two in the German charts in December 2006, number three in Great Britain and number four in the USA . In December 2006, the album went multi-platinum in the US for two million copies. In 2007 the album was awarded a platinum record in Germany.
To the songs
- Because : The song used the chirping of birds from the song Across the Universe and the backward played final chord from A Day in the Life .
- Get Back : Here elements of the songs I Am the Walrus (background vocals), Hello, Goodbye , A Hard Day's Night (beginning of the song), A Day in the Life (orchestra) and Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (percussion) were used .
- Glass Onion : Here elements of the songs Things We Said Today , Hello, Goodbye (background vocals), I Am the Walrus (background vocals), Penny Lane ( flute ), A Day in the Life ( orchestra ), Magical Mystery Tour (effects) and Only a Northern Song (effects) used.
- Eleanor Rigby / Julia (Transition): Elements from A Day in the Life (orchestra) and Strawberry Fields Forever were also used.
- I Am the Walrus : For the first time, a full stereo version with previously unpublished sequences was produced.
- I Want to Hold Your Hand : Here the live version of the album The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl was mixed together with the studioversion.
- Drive My Car / The Word / What You're Doing : In addition to the three songs, elements from Savoy Truffle ( saxophone ), Taxman (guitar solo), Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds ( organ ), Helter Skelter (background vocals) and And Your Bird Can Sing (clapping hands).
- Gnik Nus : This is the backward-playing song Sun King with elements from Within You Without You .
- Something / Blue Jay Way (Transition): Elements from the song Nowhere Man were also used.
- Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! / I Want You (She's So Heavy) / Helter Skelter : The accordion from the song Cry Baby Cry and horse sounds from the song Good Morning Good Morning were used here.
- Help! : Basically only the song Help! remixed.
- Blackbird / Yesterday : A mix of both songs with samples from Girl at the beginning.
- Strawberry Fields Forever : A mix of take 1, 7 and the released version. Furthermore there are elements of the songs Hey Bulldog , Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (orchestra), In My Life ( piano ), Penny Lane ( trumpets ), I'm Only Sleeping ( guitar ), Piggies ( harpsichord ), Baby You're A Rich Man and Hello Goodbye have been used.
- Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows : A mix of the two songs, elements of the George Martin compositions from the album Yellow Submarine - Sea Of Time and Sea Of Monsters - were also used, as well as parts of the Beatles songs Old Brown Shoe ( organ ) , Strawberry Fields Forever ( cymbal ) and Rain (parts of the vocals).
- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds : Parts of the drums from Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! and elements from She's Leaving Home , Baby You're A Rich Man , Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (French horns), Tomorrow Never Knows (effects), Your Mother Should Know (backing vocals), and Magical Mystery Tour (backing vocals).
- Octopus's Garden : This song used sound effects from Goodnight and Yellow Submarine as well as parts of the songs by Lovely Rita (drums), Polythene Pam (drums), Helter Skelter (guitar), and Fixing a Hole , Penny Lane and Sun King .
- Lady Madonna : For Lady Madonna parts of the songs Why Don't We Do It in the Road (drums at the beginning), Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (percussion), I Want You (She's So Heavy) ( Organ by Billy Preston ), Hey Bulldog (percussion and guitar), While My Guitar Gently Weeps (guitar solo) and Don't Let Me Down (parts of the vocals: "hee-ee").
- Here Comes the Sun / The Inner Light (Transition): Elements of the following songs were used for the two George Harrison compositions: Within You Without You (tabla), Oh Darling (background vocals) and I Want You (She's So Heavy) (bass).
- Come Together / Dear Prudence / Cry Baby Cry (Transition): Adifferent vocal track was usedfor Come Together and parts of the following songs were used: Eleanor Rigby (violins), A Day In The Life (orchestra), Let It Be (drums) and parts of the unreleased song Can You Take Me Back .
- Revolution : Essentially only the song Revolution was remixed.
- Back in the USSR : Parts of a previously unreleased vocal track were used here.
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps : As mentioned in the making of the album, an orchestral accompaniment was recorded under the direction of George Martin.
- A Day in the Life : Parts of recording take 1 were also used.
- Hey Jude : Elements from the song Magical Mystery Tour were used.
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) : This songuseselements from Goodnight and Hey Jude .
- All You Need Is Love : At the end of the song, parts from Ticket To Ride , Baby You're A rich Man , Rain and Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band were used.
The album has been available as a download from iTunes since February 8, 2011 with the exclusive bonus titles The Fool on the Hill and Girl , and from December 24, 2015, the album was also available from other providers and streaming services.
The album cover and the 28-page illustrated CD booklet were created by Drew Lorimer and Philippe Meunier and Janina Bunjamin from Diesel Marketing . The CD booklet contains a foreword by George Martin and Giles Martin .
|1||Because||Lennon / McCartney||
Lennon , McCartney
|2||Get back||Lennon / McCartney||McCartney||2:05|
|3||Glass onion||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||1:20|
|Lennon / McCartney||McCartney / Lennon||3:05|
|5||I am the walrus||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||4:28|
|6th||I want to hold your hand||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon and McCartney||1:26|
|7th||Drive My Car / The Word / What You're Doing||Lennon / McCartney||McCartney / Lennon and McCartney / McCartney||1:54|
|8th||Gnik Nus||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||0:55|
Blue Jay Way (Transition)
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! /
I Want You (She's So Heavy) / Helter Skelter
|Lennon / McCartney||Lennon / Lennon / McCartney||3:22|
|11||Help!||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||2:18|
|12||Blackbird / Yesterday||Lennon / McCartney||McCartney / McCartney||2:31|
|13||Strawberry Fields Forever||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||4:31|
Within You Without You /
Tomorrow Never Knows
|Harrison-Lennon / McCartney||Harrison / Lennon||3:07|
|15th||Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||4:10|
|17th||Lady Madonna||Lennon / McCartney||McCartney||2:56|
Here Comes the Sun
The Inner Light (Transition)
Come Together / Dear Prudence /
Cry Baby Cry (Transition)
|Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||4:45|
|20th||revolution||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||2:14 (CD version) /
3:23 ( DVD and iTunes versions)
|21st||Back in the USSR||Lennon / McCartney||McCartney||1:54 (CD version) /
2:34 (DVD and iTunes versions)
|22nd||While My Guitar Gently Weeps||Harrison||Harrison||3:46|
|23||A day in the life||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||5:08|
|24||Hey Jew||Lennon / McCartney||McCartney||3:58|
|25th||Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)||Lennon / McCartney||McCartney||1:22|
|26th||All you need is love||Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||3:38|
The Fool on the Hill
iTunes Bonus Track
|Lennon / McCartney||McCartney||3:30|
iTunes Bonus Track
|Lennon / McCartney||Lennon||2:43|
Double LP version
Chart positions of the album
|album||Release Date||Best placement in the charts||Label catalog no.|
|compilation||Love||Nov 20, 2006||Nov 21, 2006||Nov 17, 2006||3||4th||2||Apple / EMI
|Apple / Capitol
|Apple / EMI
|title||content||Publ.||Label catalog no.|
|Love 4-track sampler||Strawberry Fields Forever (Love Version) / Octopus's Garden (Love Version) / Lady Madonna (Love Version) / While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Love Version)||Nov 2006||Capitol 0946 3 81732 2 9|
|Love interview||Thirty-four interview responses from Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, George, and Giles Martin||Nov 2006||Apple DPRO 0946 3 83049 2 0|
|Love||Radio documentary with commentary by Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, George and Giles Martin, Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison (Promo CDR (56 min 13 s))||Nov 2006||Apple / Capitol / EMI|
|Pieces (A side / B side)||Specialty||Publ.||Label catalog no.|
|Girl / Fool on the Hill||Promo CD single of two Love remixes that only as a download at iTunes are available||Feb 2011||Apple|
|German title||All Together Now - A Documentary Film|
|Original title||All Together Now - A Documentary Film|
|Country of production||USA , UK|
|Age rating||FSK 0|
On October 20, 2008, a documentary entitled All Together Now - A Documentary Film about the genesis of the stage show LOVE by Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas , based on the Beatles album of the same name by Apple , was released.
Director Adrian Wills filmed early meetings between the creative teams of Cirque du Soleil and Apple Corps as well as interviews by Paul McCartney , Ringo Starr , Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison and Neil Aspinall discussing how the music of the Beatles is being integrated into the Love project can. Short excerpts from Beatles music videos were also used. The documentary shows the musical production of the album Love by George Martin and his son Giles Martin in Abbey Road Studios and the subsequent orchestral recordings in AIR Studios for While My Guitar Gently Weeps . Furthermore, it will be shown how the first creative ideas for the show in Montreal , Canada , as well as the first rehearsals in the theater of The Mirage in Las Vegas , where George and Gilles Martin were also present. In addition to Guy Laliberté , the cast included: Dominic Champagne (director of the show), Rodrigue Proteau, Michael Moloi Tumelo, Gilles Ste-Croix, Bobby Baldwin, Lincoln Hudson, Chantal Tremblay and Jonathan Clyde.
- Chapter of the DVD (length: 125 minutes)
- All Together Now [84:07]
- Changing the Music [22:06]
- Music in the Theater [9:09]
- Making Love [9:53]
- Love Trailer [0:32]
- CD booklet
- Alex Bagirov: The Anthology of the Beatles Records , ISBN 978-3-936300-44-4 .
- Information about Love (official site)
- Information about the album Love
- More information about the album Love
- Variations on the release of Love