|Community association||Rennes metropolis|
|surface||13.58 km 2|
|Residents||8,463 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||623 inhabitants / km 2|
Thorigné-Fouillard town hall
Thorigné-Fouillard ( Breton : Torigneg-Fouilharzh ) is a French municipality with 8463 inhabitants (as of January 1 2017) in the department of Ille-et-Vilaine in the region of Brittany ; it belongs to the Arrondissement of Rennes and the canton of Liffré . The inhabitants are called Thoréfoléen (ne) .
Thorigné-Fouillard can still be described as a banlieue in the north-east of Rennes . Thorigné-Fouillard is surrounded by the neighboring communities of Liffré in the north, Acigné in the east, Cesson-Sévigné in the south and Betton in the west.
The two former municipalities Thorigné (also Thorigné-sur-Vilaine) and Fouillard were only merged in the early 1980s, despite considerable resistance from Fouillard.
- Saint-Melaine church, built around 1900
- Manoir de Tizé from the 15th century
- Bertrand d'Argentré (1519–1580), lawyer and writer
- Sibiu , Transylvania, Romania
- Győrújbarát , Győr-Moson-Sopron County, Hungary
- Lusk , County Fingal, Ireland
- Le Patrimoine des Communes d'Ille-et-Vilaine. Flohic Editions, Volume 1, Paris 2000, ISBN 2-84234-072-8 , pp. 818-821.