Austrian of the year
- Research: Josef Penninger
- Economy: Hans Staud
- Helmut List was also nominated
- Humanity: Georg Sporschill - the prize money was divided between all five nominees.
- Research: Rudolf Grimm
- Hermann Katinger, Birgit Sattler and Renée Schroeder were also nominated
- Economy: Norbert Zimmermann
- Humanity: Wolfgang Pucher - the prize money was divided between all four nominees.
- Peter Grohr, Rupert Roniger and Heidi Burkhart were also nominated
- Research: Karl Sigmund (mathematician)
- Economy: Wolfgang Ruttenstorfer (OMV)
- Humanitarian engagement: Rainer Riedl (Debra Austria)
- Creative Industries: EOOS, furniture and product designer
- Also nominated were: Atil Kotglu, Florian Ladstätter, Polka furniture and product designer, Stefan Sagmeister
- Research: Deborah Klimburg-Salter
- Economic management: Claus Raidl
- Cultural management: Markus Hinterhäuser
- Humanitarian engagement: Dagmar Bojdunyk-Rack ( Rainbows Austria )
- Creative Industries: Wendy & Jim (fashion designer)
- Also nominated were: Caramel architects and the art and theory collective monochrom
- Research: Niyazi Serdar Sariciftci ( solar cell researcher )
- Economic management: Wolfgang Anzengruber (company Palfinger ) ex aequo with Andreas, Johannes and Leonid Rath (glass manufactory J. & L. Lobmeyr )
- Cultural management: Agnes Husslein ( Austrian Gallery Belvedere )
- Humanitarian engagement: Marianne Hengl (founder of the “RollOn” association for the disabled)
Marianne Hengl was also presented with a check for her aid organization "RollOn" for 10,000 euros.
- Creative Industries: Erwin K. Bauer
- Research: Energy researcher Brigitte Bach
- Also nominated were: Annelie-Martina Weinberg, Stefan Karner
- Economic management: Hans Roth ( Saubermacher )
- Cultural management: Max Hollein
- humanitarian commitment: Peter Kai
- Creative Industries: Eva Fischer
- Research: Bruno Buchberger
- Business management: Hannes Bardach (Frequentis)
- Cultural management: Johanna Rachinger (Austrian National Library)
- humanitarian commitment: Stefan Pleger (children a chance)
- Creative Industries: Pos Architects, formed by Ursula Schneider and Fritz Oettl
- Also nominated were: Michael Breidenbrücker, Ovos, Pudelskern, superated
- Research: Giulio Superti-Furga
- Economic management: Attila Doğudan
- Also nominated were: Gerhard Kracher, Till Reiter, Waltraud Schinko-Neuroth , Stefan Wehinger
- Cultural management: Anna Badora
- humanitarian commitment: Erfried Malle ( Sonne International )
- Also nominated were: Heidi Burkhart, Monica Culen , Barbara Meisl, Sonja Meznaric
- Creative Industries: Nonconform Architects, formed by Caren Ohrhallinger, Roland Gruber and Peter Nageler
- Research: Helmut Antrekowitsch and Jürgen Antrekowitsch scientists at the Montan University Leoben
- Economic management: Stefan Pierer , CEO of the motorcycle and sports car manufacturer KTM
- Cultural management: Wolfgang Kos , director of the Wien Museum
- Humanitarian commitment: Christian and Clemens Fiel, founders of the Feldkirch soccer club FC Tosters 99, handicapped therapist Iris Spitzenstätter and actor August Schmölzer
- Creative Industries: Martin Hollinetz , Otelo Technologielabor
- The following were also nominated: Hermann Kaufmann , architect; Gerald Kiska, Kiska design office; Jogi Neufeld, subotron game platform; Simone Springer and Yuji Mizobuchi, pink mosa shoes
- Research: Andrea Fischer , glacier researcher
- Also nominated were: Wolfgang Maass, computer scientist and brain researcher; Wolfgang Neubauer, archaeologist; Hermann Steffan, vehicle safety researcher; Verena Winiwarter, environmental historian
- Entrepreneurship: Stefan Poledna and Georg Kopetz, TTTech Computertechnik
- Cultural heritage: Willi Resetarits , musician
- humanitarian commitment: Christine Scholten and Renate Schnee, Association "Neighbors in Vienna"
- Family and work: Christa Neuper , University of Graz
- Also nominated were: Ute habenicht, jewelry and watches; Frank Hensel, Rewe; Sabine Herlitschka , Infineon; Peter Röhrig, MAM Baby Articles
- Research: Dieter Gruber , plastics technician
- Also nominated were: Gottfried Kirchengast, climate researcher; Dirk Rupnow , contemporary historian; Herta Steinkellner, molecular biologist; Kurt Zatloukal, pathologist
- humanitarian commitment: Gertrude Bogyi , Die Boje
- Also nominated were: Tobias Judmaier, Sabine Schellander and Paul Streli, www.issmich.at; Michael König, Diakonie Salzburg; Gabi Plattner, Tyrolean women's refuge; Jutta Zagler, MonA-Net
- Cultural heritage: Angelika Kirchschlager , singer
- Entrepreneurship: Stefan Ehrlich-Adám , EVVA Security Technology ;
- Also nominated were: Reinhold Baudisch and Michael Doberer, Durchblicker.at; Gerhard Höllinger, Höllinger fruit juices; Ulrich Mommert and Hubert Schuhleitner, ZKW lighting systems; Herbert Ortner and Stefan Ortner, eco-stove pellet heating
- International success: Birgit Minichmayr (actress)
- Family and work: Martin Steiner ( Divine Savior Hospital )
- Research: Marion Huber-Humer (waste manager)
- humanitarian commitment: Marlies Matejka (telephone counseling)
- Also nominated were: Sabine Gösker (Klosterneuburg hilft), Martina Kronberger-Vollnhofer (MOMO children's hospice), Georg Slawik (Immo-Humana), David Zistl (refugees welcome)
- Cultural heritage: Erwin Wurm (artist)
- Entrepreneurship: Andreas Weißenbacher ( BWT Water Technology )
- International success: Hikmet Ersek (CEO Western Union)
- Family and work: Petra Mathi-Kogelnik (dm)
- Also nominated were: Viera Juzova (Ikea), Michaela Keplinger-Mitterlehner (Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich), Inge Schulz (Allianz Group), Anita Tscherne (Geriatric Health Centers of the City of Graz)
- Research: Robert Galler (tunnel researcher)
- Also nominated were: Thomas Bugnyar (behavioral researcher), Beatrix Grubeck-Loebenstein (age researcher), Barbara Imhof (space architect), Martin Wagner (food researcher)
- humanitarian commitment: Roswitha Zink (e.motion Lichtblickhof)
- Also nominated were: Ingeborg Freudenthaler (licht.blicke demenz.hilfe.tirol), Georg Geyer (Doctors Without Borders), Alexander Karakas and Karim Mabrouk (Not in God's Name), Ina Pervan-Al Soqauer, Claudia Winkler and Kathrin Limpel (Fremde become friends),
- Cultural heritage: Tobias Moretti (actor)
- Entrepreneurship: Leopold Bauernfeind and Helmut Fallmann ( Fabasoft )
- International success: Manuela Zinsberger (soccer goalie)
- Family and work: Julia Ganglbauer (Biogena Natural Products)
- Research: Ille C. Gebeshuber (experimental physicist)
- humanitarian commitment: Walter Emberger (Teach for Austria)
- Also nominated were: Michael Chalupka (Diakonie Österreich), Ulla Konrad (Concordia), Christina Kraker-Kölbl (Divan), Sabine Reisinger (Kinderhospiz Netz)
- Cultural heritage: Peter Simonischek (actor)
- Rural development: Stefanie Essl (rural doctor)
- Also nominated were: Clemens Horacek (solar entrepreneur), Gebhard Neumayr (torrent and avalanche control), Nadine Schüller (winemaker), Christian Stromberger (pastor)
- Entrepreneurship: Thomas Moser and Martin Öller (Loxone Smart Home)
- Sub-category “women entrepreneurs”: Elisabeth Gürtler
- Sub-category "Start-up": Florian Bauer (Moonshiner GmbH)
- Also nominated were: Robert F. Hartlauer ( Hartlauer Elektronikhandel ), Alfred Heinzel ( Heinzel Paper Industry ), Axel Kühner ( Greiner Packaging ), Wolfgang Platz (Tricentis Software-Tests)
- International success: Stefan Sagmeister (graphic designer)
- Family and work: Rudolf Freidhager, Georg Schöppl (Austrian Federal Forests)
- Also nominated were: Gottfried Kraft, Ewald Lanzl (Klipp Frisör), Dietbert Timmerer (Klinikum Wels-Grieskirchen), Family Trauner (Trauner Verlag + Buchservice), Peter J. Zehetner (Kraftwerk Glatzing-Rüstorf)
- Research: Sepp Hochreiter (computer scientist)
- Also nominated were: Holger Friehmelt (aeronautical engineer), Ute Schäfer (biologist), Michael Stadler (energy researcher), Werner Telesko (art historian)
- humanitarian commitment: Werner Waldmann (Austrian Doctors)
- Also nominated were: Andrea Brem (Viennese women's shelters), Eva Grabherr (Okay. living together), Doris Regele (Make-A-Wish Foundation Austria), Emina Saric (HEROES - Against Suppression in the Name of Honor)
- Cultural heritage: Helga Rabl-Stadler (President of the Salzburg Festival),
- Responsible company: Sabine Herlitschka (Infineon)
- Also nominated were: Frank Dumeier, Michael Trcka (WEB Windenergie), Julian M. Hadschieff (PremiQaMed), Katharina Tinnacher (Weingut LacknerTinnacher), Alexander Windbichler (Anexia IT)
- International success: Harald Ott (surgeon)
- Research: Wolfgang Kern (plastics chemist)
- Start-Ups: Cornelia Diesreiter (not wasted)
- Also nominated were: Baher Al Hakim (Medicus), Christoph Prieler (Abacus), Sigismund Gänger (snorefree), Christian Adelsberger (Parkbob)
- humanitarian commitment: Harald Kubiena (Noma Aid)
- Also nominated were: Christine Bodendorfer (girls' counseling), Anneliese Gottwald (Superhands), Maria Hengstberger (Aktion Regen), Gabriele Mantl (Ankyra)
- Heritage: Caroline Peters (actress)
- Responsible company: Walter Scherb ( Spitz )
The following people were nominated twice:
- Wolfgang Baumjohann (2010 and 2015)
- Ute Bock (2004 and 2010)
- Heidi Burkhart (2005 and 2011)
- Cecily Corti (2010 and 2013)
- Sabine Herlitschka (2014 and 2018, 2018 also award winner)
- Stefan Pierer (2006 and 2012, 2012 also award winner)
- Helga Rabl-Stadler (2010 and 2018, 2018 also award winner)
- Stefan Sagmeister (2007 and 2018, 2018 also award winner)
- Josef Zotter (2005 and 2010)
- Gabriele Zuna-Kratky (2009 and 2013)
- Austria 07
- Austria 08 in Die Presse
- Austria 09
- Austria 10
- The parade of the Austrians 2011
- Austria 13
- Austria 14
- E-mail from ORF customer service dated June 30, 2011, and individual articles on AUSTRIA 06 in: Die Presse , accessed on June 27, 2011.
- diepresse.com: Humanitarian: Victory over the "Hascherl Syndrome" . Article dated October 21, 2008, accessed December 3, 2015.
- The 2012 nominees from October 26, 2012, accessed on October 26, 2012.
- diepresse.com - Robert Sommer - co-founder of "Augustin" . Article dated September 28, 2012, accessed February 16, 2015.
- diepresse.com - Austria 15 . Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- Marlies Matejka named Austrian of the year 2015 . Article dated October 24, 2015, accessed October 24, 2015.
- diepresse.com - Austria 16 . Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- diepresse.com: Austria'16: Austrians awarded the year . Article dated October 24, 2016, accessed October 25, 2016.
- diepresse.com: Austria'17-Gala: Top performers in front of the curtain . Article dated October 24, 2017, accessed October 24, 2017.
- diepresse.com - Austria 17 . Retrieved September 16, 2017.
- Diepresse.com: Courage, creativity and commitment: The Austrians of the year . Article dated October 23, 2018, accessed October 23, 2018.
- diepresse.com - Austria 18 . Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Köksal Baltaci: Austria Gala: The Austrians of the year. In: The press . October 23, 2019, accessed October 23, 2019 .
- diepresse.com - Austria 19 . Retrieved October 6, 2019.