|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Trier country|
|Height :||365 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||16.64 km 2|
|Residents:||2725 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||164 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54309|
|Area code :||06505|
|License plate :||TR, SAB|
|Community key :||07 2 35 094|
|Community structure:||4 districts|
|Association administration address:||Gartenfeldstrasse 12
|Local Mayor :||Willi Arnoldy ( CDU )|
|Location of the local community Newel in the district of Trier-Saarburg|
- Beßlich (district), 482 inhabitants
Butzweiler (district), 1551 inhabitants
- Dackenheid farm
- Lorich (district), 78 inhabitants
- Newel (district), 763 inhabitants
- High sun
- Poppy yard
- Musky ones
- Nörsterhof 1
The annual precipitation is 837 mm. The precipitation is in the upper third of the values recorded in Germany. Lower values are registered at 70% of the measuring stations of the German Weather Service . The driest month is April, with the most rainfall in November. In November there is 1.5 times more rainfall than in April. Precipitation varies only minimally and is extremely evenly distributed over the year. Lower seasonal fluctuations are recorded at only 1% of the measuring stations .
In 634 Newel, as well as the places Welschbillig , Sülm and Röhl with their churches and affiliations, were given by King Dagobert I (622 to 638) to the Church of St. Paulinus ( Paulinstift Trier ). At that time Modoald was Bishop of Trier.
In 981 this donation is mentioned in a document from Archbishop Egbert von Trier (977–993). Newel is mentioned for the first time under the name Nuvela in the document mentioned .
The current community was formed on March 16, 1974 from the dissolved communities Besslich, Butzweiler, Lorich and Newel.
- Population development
The development of the population of Newel in relation to today's municipal area; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The local council in Newel consists of 20 council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the local council:
* FWL = Free Voters List Newel e. V.
coat of arms
Blazon : In the obliquely quartered coat of arms there is a red-armored, torn-off black eagle head in gold and opposite this a red continuous cross in silver . In the front in red there is a crossed black hammer and mallet with gold handles and in the back in red is a silver plow knife.
- Romanesque choir tower church St. Abrunculus from the 12th century in Beßlich
- Baroque church of St. Remigius in Butzweiler
- Roman long wall
- Cleaning holes ; originally a Roman copper mine, later a quarry a. a. for the Cologne Cathedral
- Single houses in all districts, mostly from the 19th century
- Internet presence of the local community Newel
- To search for cultural assets of the local community Newel in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- Link catalog on the topic of Newel at curlie.org (formerly DMOZ )
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2020. S. 117 (PDF; 1 MB).
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 173 (PDF; 2.8 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections