Nissan 370Z Coupe (2008-2013)
|Production period:||since 2008|
|Class :||Sports car|
|Body versions :||Station wagon , roadster|
Petrol engines :
|Wheelbase :||2550 mm|
|Empty weight :||1571-1639 kg|
|Previous model||Nissan 350Z|
The Nissan 370Z is a sports coupe from the Japanese automaker Nissan , which was first presented at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November 2008.
At the beginning of December 2008, the 370Z appeared in Japan as "Fairlady Z" and thus replaced the Nissan 350Z . The 370Z has also been available in Europe since April 2009.
In addition to new approaches to the shape of the headlights, the designers have also incorporated retro elements into the body of the 370Z (side window line), which are reminiscent of the automotive ancestor Datsun 240Z . The old 3.5-liter V6 engine from the 350Z was replaced by a 3.7-liter V6 engine with a VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift) system. The VVEL system improves pulling power over the entire engine speed range by adjusting the valve lift and valve timing.
The 370Z has a short-tuned 6-speed manual transmission with a drive shaft made of carbon fiber composite material and a so-called VLSD limited slip differential (VLSD stands for "Viscous Limited Slip Differential"), which limits the speed difference on the rear wheels. The 370Z is also optionally available with a 7-speed automatic. In this version, the driver receives additional paddle shifters on the steering wheel and an electronic system with so-called "Downshift Rev Matching" technology that automatically double-declutching when downshifting. The manually operated top versions of the Z-Coupé contain another electronic system, the so-called "Synchro Rev Control". This system automatically adjusts the speed when changing gears.
The 370Z is equipped with Nissan's Vehicle Dynamic Control system as standard. The wheelbase has been shortened by around 10 cm and, in the course of various measures to lightweight the body, the manufacturer promises better handling than in the previous model. The suspension consists of double wishbones at the front and a multilink axle at the rear.
At the New York International Auto Show from April 10 to 19, 2009, Nissan presented an open version of the 370Z, the 370Z Roadster . The Z-Roadster is classically equipped with a fabric roof, which can be stowed under a cover painted in body color in 20 seconds. In contrast to the previous model, the 350Z Roadster, the cover in the 370Z Roadster does not need to be unlocked by hand. The technical data are largely the same as for the Z-Coupé variant. The market launch in Europe took place in summer 2010.
In June 2013, a slightly revised version of the 370Z appeared in Europe. The shape of the air inlet was changed and vertical LED daytime running lights were installed. In addition, the entry price has been reduced by more than € 5,500.
Interior with 7-speed automatic
Nissan also presented the 370Z Nismo Z24 09 at the New York International Auto Show , which has been available in the USA since June 2009.
The output of the Nismo 370Z has been increased from 243 kW (331 PS) at 7000 rpm to 253 kW (344 PS) at 7400 rpm, and the maximum torque has been increased from 366 to 374 Nm. A modified double exhaust system and various changes to the engine control unit are responsible for the increase in performance. The Nismo Z-Coupé is only available with the 6-speed manual transmission. Further distinguishing features from the production model are a strut brace between the front suspension struts, high-performance shock absorbers and specially developed springs and stabilizers. The special model also has a different look than the production model.
Various body extensions in the form of a wider front bumper with spoiler, side skirts and a large rear wing as well as a rear diffuser are the most noticeable changes. Instead of 18-inch rims, 19-inch lightweight aluminum wheels from Rays Wheels are used. The tires chosen were 245/40 R19 at the front and 285/35 R19 at the rear, the tires are Yokohama Advan Sport (Y) tires. Various red decorative seams also decorate the sporty appearance in the interior. Furthermore, a special tachometer with digital gear indicator was integrated and the standard pedals were replaced by aluminum pedals.
The Nismo 370Z was launched in Europe in mid-July 2013.
Based on the 370Z Roadster, at the end of August 2017, Nissan announced an "RS" version limited to 25 units that carries parts of the Nismo model.
At the New York International Auto Show in April 2019, Nissan presented the "370Z 50th Anniversary Edition", a special model for the 50th anniversary of the Datsun 240Z.
|370Z coupe||370Z Roadster||370Z Nismo|
|Engine and drive|
|Motor type:||V gasoline engine|
|Mounting position||Front lengthways|
|Valves / camshafts||4 per cylinder / 4|
|Displacement :||3696 cc|
|Bore × stroke||95.5 x 86.0 mm|
|Max. Power :||243 kW (331 hp)  at 7000 min -1||241 kW (328 hp) at 7000 min -1||253 kW (344 hp) at 7400 min -1|
|Max. Torque :||366 Nm  at 5200 min -1||363 Nm at 5200 min -1||371 Nm at 5200 min -1|
|Drive type:||Rear wheel drive|
|Gearbox :||6-speed manual transmission (or 7-speed automatic transmission)||6-speed manual transmission|
|Front track :||1550 mm||1540 mm|
|Rear track:||1595 mm||1565 mm|
|Front suspension :||Double wishbone front axle made of forged aluminum, strut and stabilizer|
|Rear suspension:||Multi-link rear axle made of forged aluminum, spring and shock absorber separated, stabilizer|
|Front brakes:||Disc brakes, internally ventilated, 355 x 32 mm|
|Rear brakes:||Disc brakes, internally ventilated, 350 x 20 mm|
|Turning circle :||10.6 m||10.6 m||11 m|
|Tires, front rims:||225/50 R18 on 8J x 18||245/40 ZR19 on 9.5J x 19|
|Tires, rear rims:||245/45 R18 on 8J x 18||285/35 ZR19 on 10.5J x 19|
|Steering :||Speed-dependent, servo-assisted rack and pinion steering|
|Ground clearance :||126 mm|
|mass and weight|
|Length:||4250 mm||4410 mm|
|Width:||1845 mm||1870 mm|
|Height:||1310 mm||1325 mm||1310 mm|
|Empty weight:||1571 to 1583 kg||1615 to 1639 kg||1607 to 1613 kg|
|Payload:||188 to 229 kg||238 to 286 kg||200 to 229 kg|
|Trunk volume:||235 l||140 l||235 l|
|Tank capacity:||72 l|
|Driving performance / consumption|
|Top speed:||250 km / h|
|Acceleration, 0-100 km / h:||5.3-5.6 s||5.5-5.8 s||5.2 s|
|Fuel type:||Super-Plus according to DIN EN 228 (RON 98)|
|EC total consumption:||10.4-10.6 liters / 100 km||10.9-11.2 liters / 100 km||10.6 liters / 100 km|
|CO 2 emissions:||245-249 g / km||254-262 g / km||248 g / km|
|Emission class:||Euro 4 / Euro 5 (from 2010) / Euro 6 (from 2016) / Euro 6d-TEMP (from 2018)||Euro 5 / Euro 6 (from 2016) / Euro 6d-TEMP (from 2018)|
|Base price:||€ 39,280||€ 40,130||€ 46,800|
 Since the 2010 model year, the output has been 241 kW (328 hp) at 7000 rpm and the torque 363 Nm at 5200 rpm.
Since the market launch up to and including December 2019, a total of 3,901 Nissan 370Zs have been newly registered in the Federal Republic of Germany. 2010 was the most successful sales year with 576 units.
The Halcón Falcarto presented at the International Motor Show in September 2015 uses the technical basis of the 370Z.
- nissan.de - Official website for the 370Z
- nissanusa.com - Official website for the Nismo 370Z
- Report on the launch at the LA Auto Show
- Report on the start of sales in Japan
- Road & Track Magazine of July 13, 2008. Sam Mitani: " New & Future Cars: 2009 Nissan 370Z (English) "
- Autobild online article from May 30, 2008: " Nissan defolishes 370Z "
- Video from the unofficial premiere: " Nissan 370Z: unofficial introduction "
- ↑ Nissan's new roadster: Open-top 370Z makes its debut in New York. In: heise.de. Heise Zeitschriften Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, April 8, 2009, accessed on July 5, 2009 .
- ↑ Nissan 370Z Facelift 2013: Prices for Coupé and Roadster are falling. In: autozeitung.de. March 15, 2013, accessed December 11, 2013 .
- ↑ Nismo - NISSAN 370Z. Accessed February 12, 2019 (German).
- ↑ Nissan 370Z Nismo Z34 09 photo ( Memento of the original from September 24, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Here the various body extensions can be seen very well.
- ↑ Nissan 370Z Nismo Z24 09 photo ( Memento of the original from September 24, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , here the rear diffuser and the double exhaust system can be seen very clearly.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Nismo flair for convertible fans. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. August 24, 2017. Retrieved August 26, 2017 .
- ↑ Inspired by the BRE 240Z racing car. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. April 16, 2019, accessed April 16, 2019 .
- ↑ Asphalt-Zorro: Driving impressions in the new Nissan 370Z. In: heise.de. Heise Zeitschriften Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, April 6, 2009, accessed on July 5, 2009 .