A sculpture garden or sculpture park is a umfriedetes piece of landscape architecture , a park that is embedded in a garden landscape more or less voluminous sculptures as art - installations serving to Hike and viewing. In contrast to the sculpture trail (also known as the art hiking trail ), these are mostly run by an institution and an entrance fee is often required.
Sculpture gardens in Germany
- The Durbach Sculpture Park was created during five sculpture symposia and comprises 73 works.
- The Seckach Sculpture Park has existed since 1989. Approx. 80 sculptures can be seen on a community-owned 18,000 m² area.
- Sculpture garden of the Kunsthalle Mannheim
- Heidelberg Sculpture Park
- KUNSTdünger Rottweil is a sculpture field on the outskirts of Rottweil-Hausen
- Sculpture park in Grafenhausen
- The Wettersbach Sculpture Park is located on the route connecting the Karlsruhe districts of Grünwettersbach and Palmbach . It shows works of art by the artists Georg Schalla , Uwe Lindau and Jürgen Goertz .
- Art on campus , Augsburg
- Figure field in Eichstätt
- Sonnenwald sculpture garden in the Grattersdorf district of Deggendorf
- Sculpture Park Pinakothek , Munich
- New Museum Nuremberg in Nuremberg
- Sculpture garden at the New Museum in Nuremberg
- Max Buchhauser Garden in Regensburg
- AVK sculpture garden in Berlin-Schöneberg in the outdoor area of the Auguste Viktoria Clinic
- Sculpture park of the New National Gallery and sculptures at the Kulturforum
- Sculpture Park Berlin_Zentrum
- Uckermark sculpture garden in Groß Fredenwalde
- The "Garden Art Sculpture" in Betzin / Fehrbellin shows sculptures by the sculptors Michael Hischer and Marina Schreiber on approx. 4000 m² . Numerous kinetic sculptures, wind objects and colored polyester works can be seen there. The studios of the two artists are also located there.
- Sculpture garden of the Städel in Frankfurt am Main
- Sculpture park in Massenheim (Bad Vilbel)
- Sculpture garden in Darmstadt . It was founded in 2003 by the artist couple Elisabeth and Joachim Kuhlmann and has been open to visitors since 2009. The 4000 m² park-like area, Auf der Ludwigshöhe 202, is both a place of work and an exhibition for the visual arts.
- Sculptures in the spa gardens of Bad König, 14 sandstone works by 6 sculptors stand on the spacious grounds.
- Siegfried Fietz's sculpture park in Allendorf (Greifenstein) , free entry, changing sculptures on 20,000 m².
- Sculptures in the Park is an open-air exhibition of sculptures that takes place every August in the city of Mörfelden-Walldorf (Groß-Gerau district).
- Katzow Sculpture Park : 18 hectare meadow area with more than 80 sculptures by artists from 23 countries in Katzow
- Passentin sculpture garden : 2800 m² natural garden with approx. 30 sculptures
- Sculpture park of the Gernot Huber Foundation in Seevetal- Ramelsloh with the only purely kinetic art collection in Europe
- Sculpture Garden Funnix in the district Funnix , City Wittmund with collection Wübbena: Leonard Wübbena , Andreas Freyer , Jörg Bochow , Klaus Duschat , Cornelia Weihe , Michael Hischer and David Lee Thompson (USA)
- The Damnatz sculpture garden was founded in 1995 by the artist couple Monika Müller-Klug and Klaus Müller-Klug with the support of the Foundation for Sculpture. Over 30 large sculptures by 10 different artists are located on the 10,000 square meter site directly on the Elbe. In addition to the work of Monika and Klaus Müller-Klug, u. a. Works by the artists Otto Almstadt, Gerson Fehrenbach , Hartmut Stielow , Hannes Meinhard, Georg Seibert, Janez Lenassi and Erich Reischke are represented.
- Art landscape Springhornhof in Neuenkirchen
- Sculpture bank of the community of Hude near Oldenburg with works by the artist Wolf E. Schultz .
- The Mönchengladbach Sculpture Garden, which belongs to the Museum Abteiberg , was inaugurated on May 11, 2002 after months of construction on the occasion of the decentralized NRW state horticultural show EUROGA 2002 plus. The lower wall is part of the earlier city fortifications. In earlier centuries the area was an orchard for the nearby monastery complex. The upper part was redesigned as an artificial rice terrace in 1974 according to Hans Hollein's concepts , the lower part pseudo-baroque by Karl Birkigt . Sculptures and a. by Claes Oldenburg , Giuseppe Penone , Bernhard Luginbühl and Anatol Herzfeld to enrich garden art - Environments additionally.
- Museum Island Hombroich - "Art parallel to nature" in Neuss - Holzheim
- In the park of the Sculpture Collection Viersen there are objects by Tony Cragg , Erwin Heerich , Roberto Matta , Karl Horst Hödicke and the New Star by Mark di Suvero
- Sculpture park of the Lehmbruck Museum ( Duisburg ) in the Immanuel Kant Park there
- Sculpture Park Cologne
- Stammheim Castle Park in Cologne-Stammheim
- Waldfrieden sculpture park by the sculptor Tony Cragg in Wuppertal
- KunstWege in the Grugapark in Essen with a collection of 40 sculptures
- Square Bottrop Sculpture Park
- Sculpture Park Alter Friedhof Halle (Westphalia)
- Wilfried Hagebölling sculpture garden with partially accessible sculptures, Paderborn-Sennelager
- Mutzschen Sculpture Park in Mutzschen
- Sculpture garden of the Kunsthalle Kiel in Kiel
- Citizens' gardens in the historic old town of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck ( World Heritage Site )
- Sculpture Park Nortorf in the city park of Nortorf
- The Schloss Gottorf sculpture park in Schleswig includes a collection of around 60 figurative and abstract sculptures.
- Warder stone park near Nortorf. Sculptures by the sculptor Ben Siebenrock
- Rendsburg sculpture park, between town hall and arsenal
- Hans Kock Foundation in Kiel-Schilksee : Sculptures by the sculptor Hans Kock
- NordArt sculpture park , artwork Carlshütte Büdelsdorf near Rendsburg, approx. 100 sculptures by international artists
- Ammersbek Sculpture Park , by the Haus am Schüberg
- Herbert Gerisch Foundation Sculpture Park in Neumünster
- Elmshorn sculpture garden
- Neustadt art kilometer in Neustadt in Holstein
- Campus of the Christian Albrechts University in Kiel
- CampusKunst-D of the Kiel University of Applied Sciences
- Bible garden in St. John's Monastery, Schleswig
- Sculpture park at the Hoyerswort manor
- Kunstufer in Remschütz ( Saalfeld / Saale )
- Sculpture garden Zeitfiguren-Figurenzeit on the grounds of the egapark in Erfurt
Sculpture gardens in Austria
- Upper Austria
Sculpture gardens in Switzerland
- Sculpture at Schönthal , Schönthal Abbey in Langenbruck
- Bruno Weber Park in Spreitenbach , by artist Bruno Weber created
- Hans-Arp-Museum in Locarno-Solduno
- Enea Tree Museum in Rapperswil-Jona , designed by landscape architect Enzo Enea
Sculpture gardens in other states
- La Trobe University Sculpture Park
- McClelland Gallery and Sculpture Park
- Reconciliation Place
- National Gallery of Art Sculpture Park
- Fondation Maeght near Saint-Paul de Vence , about 25 km from Nice removed
- Ile Art Malans , founded in 2012, is a sculpture park near Malans (Haute-Saône)
- Engelbrecht sculpture park , Château des Fougis, Thionne , Allier department
- Kenwood House and Garden on Hampstead Heath
- Glenkiln Sculpture Park in Scotland
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park in West Yorkshire , England
- Sculpture Park Villa Celle near Florence
- Giardino dei Tarocchi , an art park in Tuscany designed by Niki de Saint Phalle
- Il Giardino designed by Daniel Spoerri in Seggiano in Tuscany
- La Serpara near Orvieto
- Sacro Bosco near Bomarzo
- Europos Parkas near Vilnius
- Grūtas Park near the health resort Druskininkai , in southern Lithuania . Many sculptures in it testify to the time of the Soviet occupation of Lithuania.
- Sculpture park at the Kröller-Müller Museum in the Park de Hoge Veluwe
- Sculpture Park Community Museum The Hague
- Papendrecht sculpture path
- Millesgården Sculpture Garden by Carl Milles in Lidingö
- Jokkmokk Sami Sculpture Park
- Slott Vanås Sculpture Park is located at Östra Göinge
- Moderna Museet sculpture park
- Åkerby Sculpture Park
- Chapungu Sculpture Park , Harare
- Illa das Esculturas de Pontevedra
- Park Güell , created by Antoni Gaudí , Barcelona
- Jardins de Cap Roig sculpture park in the province of Girona
- Sculpture park of the Sa Bassa Blanca museum in Alcúdia, Mallorca, Balearic Islands
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in Washington, DC
- National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC
- Emile Brunel Studio and Sculpture Garden in Boiceville , New York
- Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts , California
- Eyres, Patrick a. Fiona Russell (Ed.): Sculpture and the Garden. Aldershot (Ashgate) 2006
- Hamann, Cordula: Art Garden Art. Munich (DVA) 2015
- Moyer, Twylene / Glenn Harper: Landscapes for Art: Contemporary Sculpture Parks. Washington (University of. W. Press) 2008
- Probst, Maximilian: Art in the Park: Green Places of Reconciliation . In: The time . No. 18, April 25, 2013
- Varas, Valeria et al. Raul Rispa (ed.): Sculpture Parks in Europe. An art and landscape guide. Basel (Birkhäuser) 2017
- Information on more than 400 sculpture installations in Europe (zuzuku)
- Sculpture gardens & collections in Europe - geocoded on interactive map (Welt-der-Form)
- Always busy
- Website of the Sculpture Park Berlin_Zentrum
- Sculpture garden "Garden Art Sculpture" , website of the sculpture garden, accessed on May 31, 2016
- Culture in Bad Vilbel: Massenheimer Auenkunst: Exhibition in the park of the Erlenbachaue from the end of August 2012 to August 2013
- Website of the Darmstadt sculpture garden
- Through Hell's Gate to Paradise in Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on August 30, 2015, page R7
- Gernot Huber : Art between pines and cacti. The kinetic and sculpture parks of the Gernot Huber Foundation in Germany and Tenerife. Edition Braus, Heidelberg 2001, ISBN 3-89904-000-7
- Sculpture Park Ramelsloh on the website of the Gernot Huber Foundation
- Website of the Sculpture Garden Funnix
- City of Mutzschen: European Art Symposium 2006: Mutzschen Sculpture Park ( Memento from February 17, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Bible garden in St. John's Monastery
- Kunstverein Saalfeld e. V .: Kunstufer
- Website of the Bruno Weber Sculpture Park
- Enea Tree Museum. In: cityparks.ch. Herbert Pachmann, Singen, accessed on February 11, 2020 .
- http://www.litauen-vilnius.de/litauen-grutas.html Grutas Park and Druskininkai
- http://www.grutoparkas.lt/?lang=gr Homepage of the park
- Georges Hausemeier: Greetings from Father Stalin: The history park of Grutas in Lithuania , in: FAZ February 25, 2010
- https://www.fundacionjakober.org/de/ : Sculpture Park - Sa Bassa Blanca Museum | Yannick and Ben Jakober Foundation . ( fundacionjakober.org [accessed April 21, 2018]).