|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Administrative region :||Swabia|
|Height :||446 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||92.87 km 2|
|Residents:||21,470 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||231 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||86551|
|Area code :||08251|
|License plate :||AIC, FDB|
|Community key :||09 7 71 113|
|LOCODE :||DE AIC|
|City structure:||40 parish parts|
City administration address :
|First Mayor :||Klaus Habermann ( SPD )|
|Location of the city of Aichach in the Aichach-Friedberg district|
The city is located in the triangle of Munich - Augsburg - Ingolstadt on the river Paar .
The following districts exist : Aichach, Algertshausen, Ecknach , Edenried , Gallenbach , Griesbeckerzell , Hiesling , Klingen , Oberbernbach , Obermauerbach , Oberschneitbach , Oberwittelsbach , Sulzbach , Untergriesbach , Untermauerbach , Unterschneitbach , Unterwittelsbach and Walchshofen .
|Augsburg / Aichach 1990-2013|
Monthly average temperatures and precipitation for Augsburg / Aichach 1990–2013
Source: Weather Online
Aichach can look back on almost a thousand years of history. In the second half of the 11th century (before 1078) the church of Aichach was mentioned for the first time in a chronic note from the St. Ulrich and Afra monastery in Augsburg. The settlement is definitely older.
In 1250 a commander was named for the first time as head of a house of the Teutonic Order in Aichach. Aichach was the seat of a German order commander until 1384, who later moved to Blumenthal and existed until 1806. In 1347 Emperor Ludwig awarded the Bavarian "our place Aychach [...] allw the right [...] our place due to the citizens of Munichen [...] have".
In 1634 Aichach burned down almost completely after a siege. In the course of the Thirty Years' War , the troops of the warring parties moved repeatedly through the badly battered city on the road from Augsburg to Regensburg. The Swedish general Gustaf Horn wrestled with the imperial generals Aldringen and Jan van Werth . In 1704, English, Dutch and Spanish troops came to Aichach in the War of the Spanish Succession . The ducal castle was destroyed.
In 1796 French and Austrian troops marched through the city and, to the chagrin of the citizens, took up quarters in and near Aichach. The city suffered greatly from the repeated movements of the armies. Between 1796 and 1809 the citizens of Aichach had to billet a total of 18,699 officers and 194,086 soldiers. In the inn of the brewer Lorenz Alois Gerhauser on the town square lived u. a. the French general Saint Cyr and in 1799 the Cossack leader Rimsky-Korsakov .
Before 1800, the city was a maintenance office and belonged to the Munich Rent Office of the Electorate of Bavaria . Aichach had a city court with extensive magistral rights. Since 1862 the district office Aichach, precursor consisted of district Aichach . In the course of the district reform in 1972 , it formed the provisional "Augsburg-Ost district" with the Friedberg district and individual communities in other districts. This new district belonged to the administrative district of Swabia . The district was given its final name on May 1, 1973, Aichach-Friedberg district .
On January 1, 1970, the previously independent communities Untergriesbach and Unterschneitbach were incorporated into Aichach. On January 1, 1972, the incorporation of Oberschneitbach , Sulzbach and Unterwittelsbach followed, and on April 1, 1972, Walchshofen was incorporated into Aichach. On January 1st 1974 the incorporation of Algertshausen followed, on January 1st 1977 Klingen and Obermauerbach followed . In the last phase of incorporation so far, the communities of Ecknach , Gallenbach , Griesbeckerzell (with Edenried , which was incorporated on January 1, 1972 ), Oberbernbach and Oberwittelsbach became districts of Aichach on January 1, 1978.
Between 1988 and 2019 the city grew from 16,352 to 21,470 by 5,118 inhabitants or by 31.3%.
City Councilor and Mayor
The city council consists of the 1st mayor and 30 city councilors. The three past local elections had the following results:
|Parties and constituencies||%
|Christian Social Union in Bavaria (CSU)||35.4||11||36.9||11||39.1||12|
|Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD)||19.7||6th||28.9||9||29.1||9|
|Alliance 90 / The Greens (Greens)||14.8||4th||6.9||2||3.5||1|
|Free Democratic Party (FDP)||2.2||1||2.3||1||4.7||1|
|Free Association of Voters (FWG)||18.1||5||16.8||5||18.4||6th|
|Alliance Future Aichach (BZA)||5.7||2||4.5||1||-||-|
|Christian voter community (CWG)||4.2||1||3.6||1||5.2||1|
|Total (after correcting the rounding errors)||100||30th||100||30th||100||30th|
Klaus Habermann ( SPD ) has been mayor since May 1, 1996 ; on March 15, 2020, he was elected for a fifth term with 63 percent.
In 2017, the municipal tax revenue was EUR 23.524 million, of which EUR 8.155 million was trade tax revenue (net). In 2017, the debt was EUR 8.953 million, or EUR 425 per inhabitant.
coat of arms
- Austria : Brixlegg
- Germany : Schifferstadt
Hungary : Gödöllő
Aichach-Unterwittelsbach with the moated castle is the starting point and Gödöllő with the Royal Castle is the end point of the so-called “ Sissi Street”, which traces the life of the Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary.
Culture and sights
Theaters and museums
- late Gothic parish church of the Assumption of Mary , interior redesigned around 1907 by the Munich architect Richard Berndl , the painter Gustav G. Klemm (1858–1938) and the sculptor Jakob Bradl
- Ruins of the Wittelsbach family castle
- JVA Aichach , women's prison in Bavaria
- Blumenthal Castle
Green spaces and recreation
The forest adventure trail in the city of Aichach is located in the Aichacher Grubet.
The city park Aichach, which runs directly along the Flutgraben, was created in 2016. The new children's playground "Biberburg" is also located in the city park. The city park is an important link on the Paartalweg trail through Aichach, which will soon be completed in the course of flood protection. You can use this to hike from the Aichach sports airfield through the urban area to the Tränkmühle at the other end of the village, along the Paar and enjoy nature.
- Every year in July, the ten-day Aichacher Volksfest is held.
- Every three years the Medieval Market Days take place in the historic old town.
- Every year on Mardi Gras Saturday a carnival is held.
- The Stereostrand Festival (formerly Stereowald Festival) is held every year on the second weekend in August.
- Aichach outdoor pool
- Aichach indoor swimming pool (at the Wittelsbach secondary school)
- County Stadium
- Aichach tennis club
- Royal Bavarian Joseph Party
- Ballspiel-Club Aichach (BCA)
- Faschingsgesellschaft Paartalia Aichach e. V.
- Aichacher Volkstheater e. V.
- German Scouting Society Sankt Georg - tribe Otto von Wittelsbach
- Musikverein Aichach e. V.
- Crazy Oak Bigband
- Aichach Philharmonic
- Aichach town chapel
- Chamber choir St. Sebastian
- Aichach song choir
Economy and Infrastructure
Daily newspapers appear in Aichach :
Aichacher Zeitung at Mayer & Söhne Druck- und Mediengruppe GmbH & Co. KG;
All non-subscribers to the Aichacher Zeitung receive the Aichacher Anzeiger as a free weekly newspaper on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Aichacher Nachrichten (regional edition of the Augsburger Allgemeine ) at the Presse-Druck- und Verlags-GmbH Augsburg
In the radio landscape of Aichach there are two local stations, hitradio.rt1 and Radio Fantasy , which have their own terrestrial frequencies. Other regional radio programs and stations with national and international coverage can be received via cable.
Since February 2011 there has been an internet television station Aichach.tv, which reports with regional news, reports, reports and talk shows from Aichach and the region.
- District court Aichach
- Aichach employment office
- Forestry Office
- Health department
- Correctional Facility (JVA Aichach)
- District Office Aichach-Friedberg
- Aichach City Library
- Land surveying office
- State Veterinary Office
- Ludwig Steub Elementary School Aichach (elementary school)
- Aichach-Nord primary school
- Elisabeth School (support center, support focus on intellectual development)
- Edith Stein School (support center, support focus on learning, language and emotional development)
- Geschwister-Scholl Middle School Aichach
- Wittelsbacher Realschule Aichach
- Deutschherren-Gymnasium Aichach
- Vocational school for nursing
- State vocational school Aichach-Friedberg
- Volkshochschule Aichach-Friedberg e. V.
- Aichach has a train station on the Paartalbahn with connections to Augsburg and Ingolstadt
- The federal highway 300 connects Aichach with Augsburg and the federal highway 8 Munich - Stuttgart (exit Dasing ) as well as over Schrobenhausen with Ingolstadt and the federal highway 9
- Aichach has an airfield with a runway operated by LSV Aichach.
sons and daughters of the town
- Johannes Engel (before 1463–1512), physician, astronomer and astrologer
- Matthias Greitter (1495–1550), cantor and composer
- Theodor Krump (1672–1724), missionary, traveler to Africa and author
- Ignaz Lumberger (1710–1800), Mayor of Dachau
- Johann Baptist Strobl (1746–1805), publicist and publisher
- Ignatz Kapfhammer (1803–1879), Mayor of Aichach, member of the Bavarian State Parliament
- Ludwig Steub (1812–1888), writer
- Franz Beck (1846–1918), member of the Reichstag and mayor of the city
- Ernst Mayer (1862–1932), legal historian
- Ferdinand Müller (1859–1944), member of the state parliament, father of Vincenz Müller
- Robert Haselberger (1884–1959), meat manufacturer, Mayor of Aichach
- Vincenz Müller (1894–1961), Lieutenant General of the Wehrmacht and the NVA
- Martin Achter (1905–1995), priest and prelate
- Rudolf Wagner (1937–2012), teacher, local history researcher and archivist
- Maximilian Lehmer (* 1946), politician (CSU), member of the German Bundestag
- Erhard Smutny alias "Hardy" (born January 12, 1949) magician and author
- Christian Knauer (* 1952), politician (CSU), district administrator of the Aichach-Friedberg district
- Chrislo Haas (1956-2004), musician
- Erhard Bühler (* 1956), officer
- Clemens Schwaiger (* 1962), philosophy professor
- Harry Blank (* 1968), actor
- Peter Riedlberger (* 1973), classical scholar
- Roman Ehrlich (* 1983), writer
- Christoph Burkhard (* 1984), German soccer player
- Ferdinand Schmidt-Modrow (1985-2020), actor
- Simon Popp (* 1990), musician
- Raphael Müller (* 1999), highly gifted autistic and young silent author
Otherwise connected with Aichach
- Ferdinand von Miller (1813–1887), created the Bavaria statue as an ore caster and was the father of
- Carl Friedrich von Marcus (1802–1862), doctor, psychiatrist and university professor, was a coroner in Aichach between 1827 and 1832
- Hans-Werner Gessmann (* 1950), Professor of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Some of the best-known names of residents of the city can be found among those imprisoned at the Aichach correctional facility ; underneath
- Franz Dionys Reithofer : Chronological history of the city Aichach in Bavaria . Munich 1818 ( digitized ).
- Josef Müller : Aichach then and now . Aichach 1968, 2nd edition 1972, 3rd edition 1997
- "Data 2" sheet, Statistical Report A1200C 202041 Population of the municipalities, districts and administrative districts 1st quarter 2020 (population based on the 2011 census) ( help ).
- Klaus Habermann. First Mayor. City of Aichach, accessed on May 9, 2020 .
- City of Aichach in the local database of the Bavarian State Library Online . Bavarian State Library, accessed on August 21, 2019.
- http://www.weatheronline.de/weather/maps/city?LANG=de&PLZ=_____&PLZN=_____&WMO=10852&CONT=dldl&R=160&LEVEL=162®ION=0001&LAND=DL&MOD=tab&ART=PRE&NOREGION=0&FLYM=1 . 1
- Hannes Hintermeier: Napoleon's Peace, Napoleon's Wars . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung of May 4, 2015, p. 13.
- Wilhelm Volkert (ed.): Handbook of Bavarian offices, communities and courts 1799–1980 . CH Beck, Munich 1983, ISBN 3-406-09669-7 , p. 415 .
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 787 and 788 .
- Population in the Aichach Friedberg district
- Election of the City Council 2020, City of Aichach, overall result , accessed on May 27, 2020
- Manfred Zeiselmair: Stereowald will become a stereo beach in 2019. Retrieved November 26, 2019 .
- Nicole Simüller: Stereostrand Festival 2020: Music festival goes into the next round. Retrieved November 26, 2019 .
- DPSG Aichach | Do something, then something will happen! In: www.dpsg-aichach.de. Retrieved September 14, 2016 .
- https://musikverein-aichach.de/. Retrieved November 26, 2019 (German).
- Crazy Oak Big Band with Hugo Strasser. Retrieved November 26, 2019 (German).
- Aichacher Zeitung | Philharmonic at its best. Retrieved November 26, 2019 .
- Erich Echter: Volksfest: "O'zapft is" at the Aichacher Wiesn. Retrieved November 26, 2019 .
- Manuela Rieger: Between confidence and premonition of death. Retrieved November 26, 2019 .
- WELCOME. Retrieved November 26, 2019 .
- Judith Roderfeld: Four bands from the region are planning something new. Retrieved November 26, 2019 .