|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Circle :||Stone castle|
|Height :||0 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.9 km 2|
|Residents:||351 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||121 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||25597|
|Area code :||04822|
|License plate :||IZ|
|Community key :||01 0 61 016|
|Office administration address:||Osterholz 5
|Mayor :||Claudia Frau (BWG)|
|Location of the municipality of Breitenberg in the Steinburg district|
Geography and traffic
Of the nine seats in the municipal council, the Breitenberg voter community (BWG) has had six seats since the local elections in 2018. The future of Breitenberg has three seats.
coat of arms
Blazon : “Square with a lowered, curved dividing line. Above right in red a silver yew branch with six fruits, in the upper left in silver a red steeple. Below is a wavy bar in mixed colors in silver and blue. "
- Elisabeth Albertsen (* 1939), writer, grew up in the rectory in Breitenberg
- Breitenberg community at the Breitenburg office
- Johann Friedrich Dörfer: Topography of Holstein in alphabetical order: A repertory to the map of the Duchy of Holstein, the areas of the imperial cities of Hamburg and Lübek, and the Diocese of Lübek , Verlag Röffs, 1807, "Breitenberg (Bredenbarg)" p. (87, 88 ) for digital collections ( MDZ )
- North Statistics Office - Population of the municipalities in Schleswig-Holstein 4th quarter 2019 (XLSX file) (update based on the 2011 census) ( help on this ).
- Schleswig-Holstein's municipal coat of arms