|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Circle :||Stone castle|
|Office :||Itzehoe country|
|Height :||1 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.9 km 2|
|Residents:||150 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||52 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||25524|
|Primaries :||04821, 04823|
|License plate :||IZ|
|Community key :||01 0 61 010|
|LOCODE :||DE B9I|
|Office administration address:||Margarete-Steiff-Weg 3
|Mayor :||Klaus Kruger|
|Location of the municipality of Bekmünde in the Steinburg district|
Geography and traffic
Bekmünde is on federal highway 5 between Wilster and Itzehoe . The Bekau and the Stör flow through the area of the municipality. Three plots of the municipality are located as exclaves in the area of the municipality of Heiligenstedten .
The community was mentioned in a document in 1369, and in that year the lock bridge over the lower Bekau already existed. The name of the community probably means the mouth of the Bekau .
coat of arms
The Wellengöpel represents the mouth of the Bekau, as it can be derived from the name of the municipality. The sturgeon is intended to indicate the location of the community on the river of the same name and the formerly rich sturgeon catches. The two green fields represent agriculture . The lock gates are a reminder of the old lock that stood at the mouth of the Bekau.
- Municipality of Bekmünde at the Itzehoe-Land office
- Johann Friedrich Dörfer: Topography of Holstein in alphabetical order: A repertory to the map of the Duchy of Holstein, the areas of the imperial cities of Hamburg and Lübek, and the Diocese of Lübek , Verlag Röffs, 1807, "Bekmünde AG" (noble estate) p. (70 ), "Bekmünde D." (village) p. (71) at digital collections ( MDZ )
- North Statistics Office - Population of the municipalities in Schleswig-Holstein 4th quarter 2019 (XLSX file) (update based on the 2011 census) ( help on this ).
- Aasbüttel - Bordesholm . In: Wolfgang Henze (ed.): Schleswig-Holstein topography: cities and villages of the country . 1st edition. tape 1 . Flying-Kiwi-Verl. Junge, Flensburg 2001, ISBN 3-926055-58-8 , p. 266 .
- Schleswig-Holstein's municipal coat of arms