|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Circle :||Stone castle|
|Height :||13 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||10.5 km 2|
|Residents:||1529 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||146 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||25524|
|Area code :||04821|
|License plate :||IZ|
|Community key :||01 0 61 079|
|LOCODE :||DE 67M|
|Office administration address:||Osterholz 5
|Mayor :||Jörgen Heuberger ( CDU )|
|Location of the municipality of Oelixdorf in the Steinburg district|
Geography and traffic
Oelixdorf was first mentioned in a document from 1358.
In 1539 the Oelixdorf guild was founded as the defense guild of Count zu Rantzau. This association, which was later responsible for the event of a fire or a bad harvest, still has its annual social events today, even if the original insurance purpose has been lost. This "Oelixdorfer Lustgilde" is celebrated on the weekend after Whitsun: KK shooting in the "Schlank", moving to the dance hall, which in earlier times was alternately provided by the farmers, including the cleaned and freshly whitewashed stables as well as the house - the dance took place in the large hall. Today this event takes place in the traditional village pub "Unter den Linden".
Amönenhöhe, the hill on the Störschleife (approx. 3 km from the town center), has been one of the popular excursion destinations for the Rantzaus , who settle in the nearby Breitenburg Castle , since at least 1764 . In 1772 a tenant opened a bar, which quickly became a destination for Itzehoer and Steinburger. Regular military concerts and a carousel were added later. To Oelixdorf but Amönenhöhe first became a part of the other My Dung from the community of the area Breitenburg at the beginning of the 1998th
In 1966 the parish church was built.
coat of arms
Blazon : "In green on a silver hill covered with a blue wavy bar a rooted, five-leaf silver beech tree, accompanied on both sides by a golden ear."
In the center of the coat of arms is a hill with a stylized beech tree . In addition to the deciduous forest of the area in ancient times, this refers to a specific burial mound overgrown by beeches. A large number of these grave sites were still to be found on Oelixdorfer Feldmark in the 20th century. The ears of wheat represent agriculture as a traditional livelihood. The wealth of natural waters in the municipal area is indicated by the wave bar. The many ponds and streams give Oelixdorf its characteristic landscape and lay the popular interpretation of the place name as "spring village".
The listed pavilion on the Amönenhöhe on a Störschleife dates from the last third of the 18th century. Particularly striking is the thatched roof construction , which rises pyramidal above an octagonal concrete ceiling, which in turn is supported by a wooden frame. In the middle of the protected terrace there is a square half-timbered building, which is painted in dark green and white, typical for the area. For several years now, the pavilion has been used as an excursion restaurant and wedding room.
- Frauke Walhorn (* 1942), former member of the Schleswig-Holstein Landtag, lives in Oelixdorf.
- Marten Pulmer, founder of the rock band One Fine Day , comes from Oelixdorf
- Rudolf Krohn : The Ölixdorfer Guild , in: Journal of the Society for Schleswig-Holstein History , Vol. 45 (1915), pp. 303-309.
- Peter Fischer: The Chronicle of Oelixdorf , Oelixdorf 2004.
- Peter Fischer: Festschrift 650 years of Oelixdorf (PDF, 30 MB) , Oelixdorf 2008.
- North Statistics Office - Population of the municipalities in Schleswig-Holstein 4th quarter 2019 (XLSX file) (update based on the 2011 census) ( help on this ).
- Wolfgang Laur : Historisches Ortsnamelexikon von Schleswig-Holstein , 2nd edition, Neumünster 1992, p. 494.
- <Be>: "Revitalization of an excursion restaurant - pavilion on Amönenhöhe restored" in: Monument. Journal for Monument Preservation in Schleswig-Holstein. Volume 14, 2007 Boyens Verlag ISBN 978-3-8042-0912-1 p. 117
- Schleswig-Holstein's municipal coat of arms