|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Traben-Trarbach|
|Height :||385 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||24.78 km 2|
|Residents:||784 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||32 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54538|
|Area code :||02674|
|License plate :||WIL, BKS|
|Community key :||07 2 31 057|
|Community structure:||4 districts|
|Association administration address:||Am Markt 3
|Mayoress :||Ilona Lauxen|
|Location of the local community of Hontheim in the Bernkastel-Wittlich district|
The place is on the northern edge of the Kondelwald on a plateau of the Vulkaneifel . The rivers Üß and Alf form the municipality boundary in the west and northeast. 58.4 percent of the district area is forested. The districts Wispelt, Krinkhof and Bonsbeuern as well as the residential areas Antoniushof, Felteshof, Forsthaus Bonsbeuern, Haus Bergland, Hontheimer Mühle and Katharinenhof belong to Hontheim.
From 1794 Hontheim was under French rule, in 1815 the place was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . Since 1946 it has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate .
- Population development
The development of the population of Hontheim, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The local council in Hontheim consists of twelve council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairwoman. The twelve seats in the municipal council are divided between two groups of voters .
Economy and Infrastructure
- Website of the local community Hontheim (tourism)
- To search for cultural assets of the local community Hontheim in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 93 (PDF; 3 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections