|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Wittlich-Land|
|Height :||280 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||12.82 km 2|
|Residents:||699 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||55 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54518|
|Primaries :||06508, 06575|
|License plate :||WIL, BKS|
|Community key :||07 2 31 504|
|LOCODE :||DE NIX|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Kurfürstenstrasse 1
|Local Mayor :||Hans-Josef Weirich|
|Location of the local community Niersbach in the district of Bernkastel-Wittlich|
Niersbach was first mentioned in 1473 as Nydersbach .
After 1792 French revolutionary troops occupied the Austrian Netherlands , to which the Duchy of Luxembourg belonged, and annexed it in October 1795 . From 1795 to 1814 both places belonged to the canton of Dudeldorf in the department of forests .
In 1815, the former Luxembourg area east of the Sauer and Our was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna . This brought the communities of Niersbach and Greverath in 1816 to the Wittlich district in the Trier administrative district in the Grand Duchy of Lower Rhine province , which was added to the Rhine province in 1822.
The current community was formed on June 10, 1979 from the dissolved communities Niersbach and Greverath.
- Population development
The development of the population of Niersbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Niersbach consists of twelve council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman. The twelve seats in the municipal council are divided between two groups of voters .
coat of arms
|Blazon : "In silver over a green corrugated shield base, a blue potter's wheel, each with a red flame, above a blue pot."|
|Reasons for the coat of arms: The colors red and silver are reminiscent of the electoral rule of Trier. Pottery wheel and clay vessel and red flames are symbols of the pottery trade that has been practiced in Niersbach from the earliest times up to our days. The green wave sign stands for agriculture and forestry in the Niersbach-Greverath area.|
Culture and sights
- Catholic Church of St. Bernhard from 1793 in Niersbach
- Catholic Church of St. Laurentius from 1860 in Greverath
- Hut burning on the first Sunday of Lent (so-called Scheef Sunday)
- The award-winning Eifelsteig hiking trail leads through Niersbach / Greverath ; Partner hiking trail Meulenwaldroute
- Töpferbrunnen (center of Niersbach),
- Martinsbrunnen (between Greverath and Heidweiler) by the Wittlich sculptor Hans Scherl
- Dreesbrunnen mineral spring (Niersbach, exit Mühlenstraße towards Bruch)
- Historic village smithy in Greverath
- Wegekapelle (memorial) at the exit towards Arenrath
See also: List of cultural monuments in Niersbach
- Niersbach on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Wittlich-Land
- To search for cultural assets of the local community Niersbach in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- Brief portrait of Greverath on SWR television
- Link catalog on the subject of Niersbach at curlie.org (formerly DMOZ )
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 1, 2017 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 58 (PDF; 1.9 MB).
- Statistical-topographical description of the government district of Trier. Hetzrodt 1818, p. 48 ( Google Books ).
- Official municipality directory 2006 ( Memento from December 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) (= State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 393 ). Bad Ems March 2006, p. 190 (PDF; 2.6 MB). Info: An up-to-date directory ( 2016 ) is available, but in the section "Territorial changes - Territorial administrative reform" it does not give any population figures.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Entry on the coat of arms of the municipality of Niersbach in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region ; accessed on March 1, 2017.
- Sights in Niersbach & Greverath. Retrieved March 1, 2017 .
- Hüttenbrennen in the Eifel. Retrieved May 1, 2016 .
- Meulenwald hiking route. Retrieved March 1, 2017 .
- Eifelsteig hiking route. Retrieved March 1, 2017 .