Adair County, Iowa
The Adair County Courthouse in Greenfield, listed on the NRHP since 1981
|US state :||Iowa|
|Administrative headquarters :||Greenfield|
|Address of the
400 Public Square
Greenfield, IA 50849-1259
|Foundation :||January 15, 1851|
|Made up from:||Pottawattamie County|
|Area code :||001 641|
|Residents :||7682 (2010)|
|Population density :||5.2 inhabitants / km 2|
|Total area :||1477 km²|
|Water surface :||3 km²|
|Website : www.adaircountyiowa.org|
The Adair County is a county in the US -amerikanischen State Iowa . In 2010 , the county had 7,682 people and a population density of 5.2 people per square kilometer. By 2013 the population decreased to 7472. The county seat is Greenfield .
The county is located in central southwest Iowa and has an area of 1,477 square kilometers, of which three square kilometers are water. The following neighboring counties border Adair County:
|Audubon County||Guthrie County||Dallas County|
|Cass County||Madison County|
|Adams County||Union County|
|Before 1900 1900–1990 2000 2010–2013|
According to the 2010 census , Adair County had 7,682 people in 3,270 households. The population density was 5.2 inhabitants per square kilometer. Statistically, 2.29 people lived in each of the 3270 households.
The racial the population was composed of 98.5 percent white, 0.2 percent African American, 0.1 percent Native American, 0.4 percent Asian and other ethnic groups; 0.7 percent were descended from two or more races. Regardless of ethnicity, 1.5 percent of the population was Hispanic or Latino of any race.
21.8 percent of the population were under 18 years old, 56.1 percent were between 18 and 64 and 22.1 percent were 65 years or older. 50.5 percent of the population were female.
Localities in Adair County
1 - partially in Guthrie County
Adair County is divided into 17 townships :
- Extract from the National Register of Historic Places - No. 81000224.Retrieved September 17, 2014
- Adair County ( English ) In: Geographic Names Information System . United States Geological Survey . Retrieved January 30, 2011.
- U.S. Census Bureau, State & County QuickFacts - Adair County, IA. Retrieved September 17, 2014
- National Association of Counties.Retrieved September 17, 2014
- US Census Bureau - Census of Population and Housing.Retrieved March 15, 2011
- Extract from Census.gov.Retrieved February 16, 2011
- 2010 US Census Iowa Township and Other Subdivision Population. Retrieved July 23, 2019 .