|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Bad Kreuznach|
|Association municipality :||Rudesheim|
|Height :||400 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||1.46 km 2|
|Residents:||280 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||192 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55595|
|Area code :||06706|
|License plate :||KH|
|Community key :||07 1 33 068|
|Association administration address:||Nahestrasse 63
|Local Mayor :||Stephan Wagner|
|Location of the local community Münchwald in the Bad Kreuznach district|
The residential areas Haus Graefenbach and Struthof also belong to Münchwald .
The place was founded around 1700. The former name of the village was: Mönchswald. This name is derived from the fact that the area on which the village is located had belonged to the Eberbach monastery in the Rheingau and a cloister courtyard (corridor Frauenwald) and / or a monastery mill (Dadenborn mill on Graefenbach ) were located here. In 1531 the site was sold by the monastery to the Imperial Knights von Dalberg and so initially belonged to the Dalberg lordship . The place was a spin-off from Wallhausen . At the beginning there were difficulties with the neighboring municipality of Winterburg , whose residents had grazing rights here. In 1789 the Lords of Dalberg sold the village to the Margrave of Baden for 16,000 guilders .
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of Münchwald, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Münchwald consists of six council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman. Until the 2019 election, the body had eight council members.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- WGW = Wagner group of voters
- WGM = Metz voters group
- WGZ = voter group Zensen
Local mayor is Stephan Wagner. In the local elections on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office with 67.80% of the votes.
coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved by the Rhineland-Palatinate Ministry of the Interior in 1950 . It refers to the Cistercian monks who built the Dadenborn cloister courtyard in the area by means of clearing around 1200, but which was abandoned in the 15th century. The colors red and silver are reminiscent of the county of Sponheim .
- Johann Adam Melsheimer (1683–1757), forester and hunter, a role model for the hunter from the Electoral Palatinate
Culture and sights
See also: List of cultural monuments in Münchwald
- Internet presence of the local community Münchwald
- Literature about Münchwald in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 16 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- Eric Beres: The treasurers of Worms and their importance for the region around Wallhausen and Dalberg . In: Kurt Andermann (Hrsg.): Ritteradel in the Old Kingdom. Die Kämmerer von Worms called von Dalberg = work of the Hessian Historical Commission NF Bd. 31. Hessische Historische Kommission, Darmstadt 2009. ISBN 978-3-88443-054-5 , pp. 137–154 (149f).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: City Council Election 2019 Münchwald. Retrieved September 16, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Rüdesheim, Verbandsgemeinde, 15th line of results. Retrieved September 16, 2019 .