|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Bad Kreuznach|
|Association municipality :||Bad Kreuznach|
|Height :||160 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.91 km 2|
|Residents:||1170 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||238 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55546|
|Area code :||06703|
|License plate :||KH|
|Community key :||07 1 33 106|
|LOCODE :||DE SO9|
|Association administration address:||Rheingrafenstrasse 11
55543 Bad Kreuznach
|Local Mayor :||Axel Walter (VBL)|
|Location of the local community Volxheim in the Bad Kreuznach district|
Volxheim is located approx. 7 kilometers southeast of Bad Kreuznach in Rheinhessen . Neighboring communities are Hackenheim , Pleitersheim , Wöllstein , Neu-Bamberg and Frei-Laubersheim . The Rheingrafenstein rock formation with the Gans and Rheingrafenstein nature reserve is located almost 5 kilometers west of Volxheim , and the Rotenfels is 8 kilometers west of the community .
Volxheim is a Franconian foundation in the 6th century. In the 8th century it belonged to the possessions of the Lorsch Monastery and later the Imperial Abbey of St. Maximin in Trier . In the 13th century it came to the Rheingrafen . In the 14th century, Volxheim was a condominium of the Antoniterkloster Alzey and the Counts of Sponheim , which belonged to the Kreuznach office . After the Sponheimers died out in 1437, Volxheim became the common property of the Electoral Palatinate and Baden . The share of the Antoniterkloster was transferred to the Electoral Palatinate in 1538 and the place became part of the Oberamt Alzey . From 1707 Volxheim belonged to the Electoral Palatinate and was exchanged for Kurmainz in 1714 .
As a result of the coalition wars, Volxheim belonged to France from 1798 to 1814 and to the Grand Duchy of Hesse after the Congress of Vienna (1815) . From 1835 to 1969 the community belonged to the district of Bingen . In 1969, as part of the local government reform, it was reorganized into the district of Bad Kreuznach .
The development of the population of Volxheim, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Volxheim consists of 16 council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = FWG Volxheim e. V.
- VBL = Volxheimer Bürgerliste e. V.
The local mayor is Axel Walter (VBL). In the runoff election on June 16, 2019, he prevailed with 61.50% of the vote. He is the successor to Norbert Antweiler (SPD), who was no longer a candidate.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "In a divided shield above in black a striding, golden, red armored and red crowned, double-tailed lion, below in blue and silver ruffled."|
|Reasons for the coat of arms: It was approved by the Rhineland-Palatinate Ministry of the Interior in 1954 and goes back to a court seal from 1541. The Palatinate lion and the Wittelsbach diamonds were the emblems of the Electoral Palatinate .|
Culture and sights
In recent years, many old houses in Volxheim have been restored, some of which are listed. The historic town center is a magnet for tourists and artists. Notable buildings are the two churches, Haus Keim and the old school building.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Volxheim
Economy and Infrastructure
Originally, Volxheim was a purely agricultural and wine-growing town with a little tourism. There are still several wineries in the village today. In the meantime, a number of companies have settled in the small industrial park on Pleitersheimer Strasse. A colorful mixture of freelancers and specialized small companies now contributes to the diversity of commercial structures in Volxheim.
- Internet presence of the local community Volxheim
- Literature about Volxheim in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- See document of July 29, 1373; Bavarian Main State Archive Munich (Grafschaft Sponheim, documents 580).
- See Wilhelm Fabricius: Weistümer aus dem Nahegau . In: Archive for Hessian History and Antiquity, N. F. 3 (1904), pp. 123–152, esp. Pp. 130–134 ( digitized in the Internet Archive).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: Municipal Council Election 2019 Volxheim. Retrieved September 13, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, city and municipal council elections
- The regional returning officer RLP: direct elections 2019. see Bad Kreuznach, Verbandsgemeinde, last line of results. Retrieved September 13, 2019 .