Weinsheim (near Bad Kreuznach)
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Bad Kreuznach|
|Association municipality :||Rudesheim|
|Height :||189 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||9.28 km 2|
|Residents:||1786 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||192 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55595|
|Area code :||06758|
|License plate :||KH|
|Community key :||07 1 33 112|
|Association administration address:||Nahestrasse 63
|Local Mayor :||Heiko Schmitt|
|Location of the local community Weinsheim in the Bad Kreuznach district|
Weinsheim is located in the Soonwald-Nahe Nature Park west of Bad Kreuznach . The Ellerbach , a left tributary of the Nahe, flows through the village . In addition, the Hasselbach flows into the Ellerbach here.
The residential areas Ackva's Mühle, Kapuskirch and Scholländerhof also belong to Weinsheim .
The place was first mentioned in 770 as Wigmundisheim . During the time of the tribal duchies, Weinsheim belonged to the Duchy of Franconia .
- Population development
The development of the population of Weinsheim, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Weinsheim consists of 16 council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voting Community Weinsheim e. V.
The local mayor is Heiko Schmitt (independent, supported by the CDU). In the local elections on May 26, 2019, he was elected with a share of 60.95% of the vote, making him the successor to Thomas Fischer (SPD), who had not run again after ten years in office.
Culture and sights
- Old Town Hall and Backes, Renaissance building, marked 1576, ground floor renovation in the second half of the 18th century; Community baking house, marked 1597
- Evangelical parish church, classical four-cone building with double tower facade, 1823–25
- Catholic Herz-Jesu-Kirche, neo-Gothic brick building, 1907/08
See also: List of cultural monuments in Weinsheim
Economy and Infrastructure
There is a kindergarten and a primary school in Weinsheim. The federal highway 41 runs in the south .
The Bad Kreuznach station is the nearest today Station . From 1895 to 1936 Weinsheim had its own train station on the narrow-gauge railway line Bad Kreuznach-Winterburg . Omnibuses and a truck replaced their traffic.
- Schnuckenack Reinhardt (* 1921 in Weinsheim, † 2006) violinist
- Angelina Vogt (* 1994), German Wine Queen 2019/2020
- Internet presence of the local community Weinsheim
- Literature about Weinsheim in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 25 (PDF; 3 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved June 27, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal Council Election 2019 Weinsheim. Retrieved September 16, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, city and municipal council elections.
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. Retrieved on September 16, 2019 (see Rüdesheim, Verbandsgemeinde, third from last line of results).
- Wolfgang Bartels: In Weinsheim, harmonic tones should dominate. Allgemeine Zeitung, May 31, 2019, accessed on September 16, 2019 .
- Simone Benne: The sound of the synagogues. In: Hannoversche Allgemeine. October 17, 2011, accessed June 27, 2020 .