|Community association||Terres de Bresse|
|surface||12.13 km 2|
|Residents||334 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||28 inhabitants / km 2|
Huilly-sur-Seille is a French commune in the department of Saone-et-Loire in the region of Bourgogne Franche-Comté . It belongs to the Arrondissement Louhans and the Canton of Cuiseaux . The community has 334 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2017), they are Huillytais , resp. Called Huillytaises .
The municipality is located in the Bresse countryside in the southwest of the Louhans arrondissement in an arc of the Seille , which forms the eastern and southern municipal boundaries. The river La Serrée and the Étang Pitou with its Bief (artificial watercourse for the management of the Étangs ) form a short stretch of the northeastern municipal boundary . The central municipality is drained by the Ruisseau du Moulin du Roi in the Seille . The department road D175 ( Loisy - Rancy ) runs through the southern part of the municipality in a west-east direction. The northern municipal area is heavily wooded with deciduous forest. The municipality includes the following hamlets and corridors: Archers, Bief, Bois, Brussillets, Chardenet, Chavanut, Crochets, Crôts, Cure, Défriche, Écuelle, Étang-Neuf, Farges, Folie, Marnaud, Maupreys, Molaise, Moley, Pin, Port -de-Chevreux, Quart, Rippe-à-Peine, Romaine, Rompois, Tiffailles.
The climate in Huilly-sur-Seille is warm and temperate. There is significant rainfall throughout the year, even the driest month still has high rainfall. The effective climate classification according to Köppen and Geiger is Cfb . The annual average temperature is 11.2 ° C. Within one year there is 791 mm of precipitation.
The first mention goes back to 981, when Ecclesia Sancti-Johannis is mentioned in villa quae dicitur Anguliacus . So there was already a church dedicated to John the Baptist at this time . Apparently the area was already settled in Gallo-Roman times, because this church was in a place called Anguliacus . Ernest Nègre leads the name back to the personal name Angulius , with the possessive suffix -acum his property became Anguiliacum . It seems rather doubtful that the name can be traced back to the Latin Anguilla , the eel .
Molaise was named as a separate municipality and was only united with Huilly-sur-Seille in 1823, but had a castle that was built in 1868 and still exists today. Before that there was an older castle from which the moth was examined. In addition to Molaise , Romaine and Port-de-Chevreux were their own fiefs, while the rest of the area belonged to the Barony of Loisy.
Henri , Duke of Burgundy donated the church of Huilly to the abbot of the Tournus monastery on condition that the proceeds would remain with him. Eude , the abbot of Tournus, gave him the chapel of St. Martin in Jouvençon with the associated lands. The church is dedicated to Saint George and was expanded in 1877. The statue of the saint made of different colored woods from the 15th century is still there. The Mairie-École was built in 1934, the bridge over the Seille was built in 1950 , it replaced the earlier ferry . In 1988 there were still around 17 farms, today around 50 properties are used as holiday homes.
|From 1962 official figures excluding residents with a second residence|
Until the integration of Molaise in 1823, the approximately 100 inhabitants of this own municipality were not included in the figures for Huilly-sur-Seille.
Economy and Infrastructure
There are eight agricultural businesses and 5 construction businesses in the community. Crème et beurre de Bresse are approved as AOC products in Huilly-sur-Seille , as are Volaille de Bresse and Dinde de Bresse .
There is an École primaire ( École maternelle and École élémentaire ) in the municipality , which is subordinate to the Académie de Dijon and attended by 42 children. The vacation schedule for zone A applies to the school.
- Lucien Guillemaut : Histoire de la Bresse Louhannaise. Vol. 1, Louhans 1897.
- Lucien Guillemaut (1842-1917): Armoiries et familles nobles de la Bresse louhannaise: armoiries ouvrières, armoiries particulières et de familles . Vve L. Romand, Louhans 1909 (French, gallica ).
- Claude Courtépée : Description of historique et topographique de Duché de Bourgogne . tape 5 . Chez Causse, Dijon 1780 (French, Google Books ).
- Huilly-sur-Seille. on habitants.fr. Retrieved January 23, 2015 (French).
- La Seille , length 100.0 km, tributary to the Saône , source at in Ladoye-sur-Seille at approx. 390 m, mouth at in La Truchère at approx. 169 m, La Seille on sandre.eaufrance.fr
- La Serrée , length 11.6 km, tributary to the Seille , source at in Montret at approx. 204 m, mouth at in Savigny-sur-Seille m to about 175, La Serrée on sandre.eaufrance.fr
- Ruisseau du Moulin du Roi , length 4.8 km, tributaries to the Seille , source at in Loisy at approx. 210 m, mouth at m in Huilly-sur-Seilleauf 175, Ruisseau du Moulin du Roi on sandre.eaufrance.fr
- Huilly-sur-Seille. (PDF) on Dictionnaire topographique du département de la Saône-et-Loire. In: Dictionnaire topographique de la France. Comité des Travaux Historiques et Scientifiques, accessed on January 23, 2015 (French, <CTRL-f> search term: Huilly).
- Ernest Nègre: Toponymie générale de la France. Volume 1, Pre-Celtic, Celtic and Roman Place Names. Librairie Droz, 1990, p. 561 , accessed January 17, 2015 (French). ISBN 978-2-600-02883-7
- Investigations into the trenches of the medieval moth of Huilly-sur-Seille ( Memento of the original from March 8, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , French, accessed January 25, 2015
- Brief description of the church. from Huilly-sur-Seille. Paroisse Saint Jean-Baptiste en Bresse, accessed May 30, 2015 (French).
- Huilly-sur-Seille. on cassini.ehess.fr. In: Des villages de Cassini aux communes d'aujourd'hui. École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, accessed January 25, 2015 (French).
- Crème de Bresse. to INAO L'Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité. Retrieved July 3, 2015 (French).
- Beurre de Bresse. to INAO L'Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité. Retrieved July 3, 2015 (French).
- Chicken de Bresse. to INAO, L'Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité. Retrieved June 26, 2015 (French).
- Dinde de Bresse. to INAO, L'Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité. Retrieved June 26, 2015 (French).
- Homepage of the Académie de Dijon. Retrieved January 10, 2016 (French).
- Vacation and public holiday schedule for Zone A. Huilly-sur-Seille. Retrieved January 10, 2016 (French).
- Huilly-sur-Seille on INSEE , Institut national de la statistique et des études économiques,
- Huilly-sur-Seille in the French register of communes
- Huilly-sur-Seille in the Base Mérimée des Ministère de la Culture