|region||Pays de la Loire|
|Community association||Haute Sarthe Alpes Mancelles|
|surface||28.39 km 2|
|Residents||913 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||32 inhabitants / km 2|
Assé-le-Boisne is a French municipality with 913 inhabitants (at January 1, 2017) in the department of Sarthe in the region Pays de la Loire . It belongs to the Arrondissement of Mamers and the canton of Sillé-le-Guillaume .
Assé-le-Boisne is located on the prime meridian in the northwest of the Sarthe department, in the Normandy-Maine Regional Nature Park . The center of Assé is less than two kilometers from that of its western neighbor Sougé-le-Ganelon .
|Douillet||Saint-Aubin-de-Locquenay||Fresnay-sur-Sarthe , Saint-Ouen-de-Mimbré|
The population of Assé increased until 1831 and reached a peak of 1,872 there, but since then the population has fallen constantly again and in 1990 reached a low of 754 inhabitants, this value rose again slightly to 924 inhabitants by 2011. Like many rural communities, Assé has long struggled with rural exodus, but it seems that a way has been found to increase the population.
Against the background of the population development in Assé, it becomes clear that the municipality owes its increasing population to young families. The under 15 year olds now form the largest group, while in 2006 they were still behind the 30 to 44 year olds. In absolute numbers this means that in 2011 224 inhabitants were younger than 15, almost 40 more than in 2006.
- Assé-le-Boisne is part of the Ambroise de Loré route, which connects Ambroise de Loré (a knight from the Hundred Years War ) with each other.
- Manor of l'Échenay, Monument historique since 1969
- The former Motte is in the center of the village, it was burned down by the British in 1426 during the Hundred Years War .
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Sarthe. Flohic Editions, Volume 1, Paris 2000, ISBN 2-84234-106-6 , pp. 605-609.
- 2006 population on the website of the French Statistical Office.Retrieved on August 24, 2014
- 2011 population on the website of the French Statistical Office. Retrieved August 24, 2014
- Population structure of Assé 2011 on the website of the French Statistical Office. Retrieved August 25, 2014