|region||Pays de la Loire|
|Canton||Bonnétable (main town)|
|Community association||Maine Saosnois|
|surface||40.08 km 2|
|Residents||3,856 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||96 inhabitants / km 2|
Church Notre-Dame d'Aulaines
- Church "Assomption de la Vierge" ( Assumption into Heaven ) in Aulaines , Romanesque (10th / 11th century), Gothic (15th / 16th century) and Neo-Romanesque (19th century) has wooden barrel vaults in the nave and choir ; Choir bar with a mounted crucifixion group (16th century); female statue with book in a niche of the left side altar (17th century); above the west portal you can see a coat of arms of the royal abbey of Saint-Denis .
- The neoclassical Saint Sulpice church dates from the 19th century.
- The castle from the 15th-17th centuries Century was restored in the 19th century.
- The Fabrique de céramique (ceramic factory) was founded in 1832.
The population of Bonnétable increased from 1990 to 1999 - from around 3,900 to around 4,020. In 2005 there were around 4,100 inhabitants.
- Catherine Paysan (actually Annie Roulette, born August 4, 1926–2020 in Aulaines), writer
- Charles Léon Stephen Sauvestre (1847–1919), architect of the Eiffel Tower
- Casimir Lefaucheux (1802–1852), gunsmith, inventor of the Lefaucheux cartridge.
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Sarthe. Flohic Editions, Volume 1, Paris 2000, ISBN 2-84234-106-6 , pp. 215-234.