|region||Pays de la Loire|
|Community association||Haute Sarthe Alpes Mancelles|
|surface||10.63 km 2|
|Residents||1,029 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||97 inhabitants / km 2|
Saint-Ouen-de-Mimbré is about 30 kilometers north of Le Mans , about 15 kilometers south of Alençon and three kilometers east of Fresnay-sur-Sarthe . The Sarthe , the name-giving river for the department, flows three kilometers to the west.
Saint-Ouen consists of a small town center and a few smaller, scattered settlements, known as Lieu-dits , such as B. la Touche, Villemeinte, la Hotterie, Brieux or le petit Mesnil.
In 1793, Saint-Ouen-de-Mimbré had 1,017 inhabitants, by 1831 the population had increased to 1,317. That number fell for a long time, until it was only 589 in 1968. Since then the population has increased again and in 2011 was 982 inhabitants.
The population structure of Saint-Ouen has a large proportion of young people, while only 21.6% are over 60, 23% are under 15 years old. The proportion of people under the age of 15 increased by 3.5% between 2006 and 2011, while the proportion of those over 60 stagnated.
The general councilor for the canton of Fresnay-sur-Sarthe , in which Saint-Ouen is also located, is the mayoress of Fresnay-sur-Sarthe Fabienne Labrette-Ménager ( UMP ). Saint-Ouen is represented in the National Assembly by the MPs from the first constituency of the Sarthe Françoise Dubois ( PS ) department.
City council and mayor
The last local elections ( élections municipales ) in Saint-Ouen-de-Mimbré took place on March 23, 2014 . There were 28 candidates for the first ballot, 15 of which received an absolute majority of the votes. All 15 seats of the municipal council ( conseil minicipal ) could thus be filled in the first ballot, no second ballot was necessary.
The local council from among its members Jean-Louis Clement mayor ( Maire ) and Gilles Canet, Danielle Mertheas, Patrick Chauveau and Yann Gasnier to Assistant Secretary ( Adjoints selected).
Culture and sights
- Neo-Romanesque church of Saint-Avoie et Saint-Ouen from the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Château de Mimbré
Recreation and sport
To the east of the town center is the lake La Carrière , in the immediate vicinity of which there are two tennis courts.
Saint-Ouen-de-Mimbré is on the D310, which leads from Fresnay-sur-Sarthe to the three kilometers western A28 (E 402), which leads from Le Mans to Alençon. The Autoroute A81 (E 50) from Le Mans to Laval runs 24 kilometers south.
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Sarthe. Flohic Editions, Volume 1, Paris 2000, ISBN 2-84234-106-6 , pp. 628-631.
- 2007 population on the website of the French Statistical Office.Retrieved August 22, 2014
- Population structure of Saint-Ouen 2011 on the website of the French statistical office. Retrieved August 25, 2014
- List of candidates for the first round of voting in Saint-Ouen-de-Mimbre. Retrieved August 22, 2014
- Official final result of the local elections in Saint-Ouen-de-Mimbré. Retrieved August 22, 2014
- Listing of the new parish council on the website of the newspaper Le Maine libre . Retrieved August 22, 2014