|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Down|
|Height :||534 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.32 km 2|
|Residents:||198 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||37 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54570|
|Area code :||06595|
|License plate :||DAU|
|Community key :||07 2 33 030|
|Association administration address:||Leopoldstrasse 29
|Local Mayor :||Sebastian Koch|
|Location of the local community Hinterweiler in the Vulkaneifel district|
Hinterweiler is located southeast of Rockeskyll between Kirchweiler and Betteldorf . The Ernst Berg , the second highest mountain in the Eifel ( ) lies southeast of the local situation on the municipal area of the municipality.
Until the end of the 18th century, Hinterweiler belonged to the Trier district of Daun. During the so-called French period (1798 to 1814) Hinterweiler was assigned to the canton of Gerolstein in the Saar department . After the region was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia in 1815 as a result of the resolutions at the Congress of Vienna , the municipality of Hinterweiler was under the administration of the Rockeskyll mayor in the Daun district , which was part of the Koblenz administrative district in the Rhine province (1822) (1822).
From the Middle Ages until around 1930, millstones were broken at the foot of the Ernstberg .
- Population development
The development of the population of Hinterweiler, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Shield with arch to the shield head divided, above in silver a growing, black, red-armored eagle , below in green a silver millstone with three golden ears."|
|Justification of the coat of arms: The green mountain in the lower part of the coat of arms stands for the almost 700 meter high Ernstberg . The millstone documents the extraction of the millstones. The golden ears of wheat indicate that agriculture was the town's main source of income for centuries. The eagle is the attribute of the local and church patron, the evangelist John .|
- Jakob Lehnen (born January 17, 1803 in Hinterweiler, † September 25, 1847 in Koblenz), painter
- Hinterweiler community
- To search for cultural assets of the local community Hinterweiler in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Georg Baersch: Description of the government district of Trier: edited according to official sources and on behalf of the royal family. Prussia. Government , Lintz, 1849, p. 121 ( online edition at Google Books )
- Erwin Schaefer: The Prussian administrative division in the early years of the Daun district. In: Heimatjahrbuch 1980. Vulkaneifel district, accessed on April 6, 2019 .
- Culture. Hinterweiler community, accessed on April 6, 2019 .
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Parish. Hinterweiler community, accessed on April 6, 2019 .