|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Down|
|Height :||475 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||10.73 km 2|
|Residents:||243 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||23 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54570|
|Area code :||06599|
|License plate :||DAU|
|Community key :||07 2 33 081|
|Association administration address:||Leopoldstrasse 29
|Local Mayor :||Bernhard Dartsch|
|Location of the local community Weidenbach in the Vulkaneifel district|
Weidenbach also includes the Mirscheiderhof, Sonnenhof, Waldhof and Wiesental residential areas .
The first mention of the place under the name "Witenbuoch" can be found in a certificate from Emperor Heinrich II. From October 17, 1016, in which he gave the Prümer Abbot Urold possessions in Weidenbach ("Witenbuoch"), Stadtfeld ("Stadefelt") and Ließem ("Liudesheim") confirmed. The possessions were used to maintain the collegiate church in Prüm , founded by Urold in 1016 .
- Population development
The development of the population of Weidenbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The council in Weidenbach consists of six council members, who in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a majority vote were elected, and the honorary mayor as chairman. Until 2009, the council had eight council members.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Under a red shield head, inside a golden zigzag bar, in silver a lowered blue wavy bar, covered by a willow tree with a black trunk and green leaves."|
Culture and sights
In Weidenbach there are some listed cultural monuments:
- The Catholic parish church of St. John the Baptist, a four-axis hall building from 1830
- Two side houses from the 19th century (Auf Hostert and In der Hohl)
- A wayside cross (shaft cross) from 1793
See also: List of cultural monuments in Weidenbach
- To search for cultural assets of the local community Weidenbach in the database of cultural assets in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018. S. 71 (PDF; 2.2 MB; municipality is missing in the 2019 directory!).
- Weidenbach's first documentary mention: Homepage of the local community
- Heinrich Beyer : Document book for the history of the Middle Rhine territories: From the years 1169 to 1212 , Volume 2, Coblenz: Hölscher, 1865, p. 641 ( online )
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved September 3, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections. Retrieved September 3, 2019 .
- General Directorate for Cultural Heritage Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Informational directory of cultural monuments - Vulkaneifel district. Mainz 2020, p. 57 (PDF; 4.6 MB).